[Beta][Updated 8/22/12!] Google Now for the Atrix 2 (With Voice Search!!)!!!!

Search This thread

marquavious

Feb 9, 2011
I'm having a bit of a problem. Google voice works fine. It finds my results and everything but certain links it won't open, for example Wikipedia links never open. Any suggestions?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

troycarpenter

I just installed everything as posted here in the first thread but I cannot hear anything from Google Now... Is this a bug or I have done anything wrong?

Ask it something that will take a long time to answer, like "what is the weather today?". When the weather card pops up, try increasing the volume until you hear the response. You should be able to hear it after that. I've had this happen a few times, too.

I'm having a bit of a problem. Google voice works fine. It finds my results and everything but certain links it won't open, for example Wikipedia links never open. Any suggestions?

I've seen this on my wife's Samsung GS4G with ICS and Google Now, so I don't know how unique it is to the Atrix port. I also have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (wow, according to Apple and the courts I'm a real outlaw!), but I've not used Google Now on that device enough to have noticed the problem.

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts

That is a bug with the ICS port... still no fix yet.
But since we have CM10 which is jellybean i urge you to try it because it has native support for gnow and it works perfectly!

Reactions: marquavious

marquavious

Feb 9, 2011
Seriously? I might check it out! Do I have to go to leaked ICS?

loraque

Jan 18, 2010
Tried the remover script, but it seems to corrupt the original Voice Search in addition to removing Goog Now. Any tips on how to remove this mod and have a functional Voice Search?

philipptj

Jan 16, 2013
Voice Search working, google now might be?

For starters, I don't know if v9 is necessary but there are no longer links to it in OP so I followed the same steps with v10 in place of v9, so maybe that is where I went wrong already but I can't seem to figure it out.

Basically every time I click on my search widget the set up for google now runs, I turn it on, it makes me use it and then when I go to open it again I need to complete the set up again. If I go to my search bar settings it says google now is turned off. If I click it to turn it on it makes me run through the set up again. As near as I can tell google now works fine if I complete the set up and then keep the app open, but as soon as I close it I need to do the set up again or voice search.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: This is only for users who are DEODXED ( ie. Running SCV7) AND on ICS!
    Good day to All!!
    I can confirm that Google Now works on the Atrix 2!!!

Give a thanks to seedoubleyou for finding the original zip from the 300+ page google now port thread!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bloatware Remover!
    This is HIGHLY recommend to flash before installing Google Now. This zip will free up a lot of system space to make more room for the google now installation avoiding many errors.
    This will MOVE the following apps to /data/app
    Google Plus
    Gmail
    Facebook
    Flashplayer
    Warning: You will loose any app data associated with these apps!

DOWNLOAD BLOATWARE REMOVER
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now Version 10!
    Update 8/22/2012!
    In v10 some minor bugs were fixed... links should open more readily and the notifications should appear more often!
    This is a NEAR PERFECT working version!
    NEW INSTALL Instructions:
    You MUST INSTALL V7 FIRST then V9!!
    1.) Place google now v7-farshad525hou.zip and Google Now v10 on sdcard
    2.) Reboot into BOOTMENU
    3.) Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4.) Install Zip
    5.) Reboot
    6.) THEN reboot back into bootmenu
    7.) Install V9
    8.)Reboot!
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V7
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V10
    Thanks for Clicking Thanks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now Remover
    For those who do not like the bugs of Google Now I have a zip that will delete it and restore the original ICS search.
    Instructions for installing are the same as above:
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW REMOVER
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    A HUGE THANKS to the the developers on this thread for porting Google Now! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224
    A Huge thanks to seedoubleyou for pointing me to the original thread!
    A Huge thanks to cogeary for helping me create flashable zips and taking the time to troubleshoot!!!!
    Updated OP with v10! Couple of minor fixes.. such as more often notifications and fixing some bugs with opening links!
    Just curious, is there any change from v7 to v9.1 other then the updated velvet.apk? Just wondering if I could drop the 9.1 velvet apk into the v7 zip and flash that? Thanks for all your work :)

Its just the apk. You can just drop the V9 apk into V7. Why do you need to do that though ?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app
    Why do I keep having problems?! My problem now is after installing it and I try to do voice search it just sits there with some dots and doesn't do the search.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
    First try this and report back:
    1.)Open a file maneger (ES File explorer should do... or try Solid Explorer which is way better in my opinion!)
    2.) Navigate to system/usr/srec and make sure that both folders there (config and en-US) have their permissions set to drwxr-xr-x or looks like this

LxiR2.png

3.) If it doesn't change it, if it does leave it alone.
    4.) Reboot into bootmenu
    5.) Go to advanced---> Fix permissions
    6.) Reboot
    IF THAT doesn't work try below and report back

1.) Flash the Google Now Remover
    2.) Reboot
    3.) Wipe Dalvik
    4.) Flash Google Now v7
    5.) Reboot
    6.)Flash Google Now v9
    I am on v7 so do i need to clear the prev version and then install the v8??

No... V8 will overwrite the files from v7

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app