[GUIDE] Unroot / Unbrick, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190

Search This thread

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
:cowboy:
Here is a full guide on how to unroot and back to official stock firmware for Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190. It is useful also if you soft brick your phone​

!!!BE SURE THAT YOU FLASH THE RIGHT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR VARIANT!!!​
Do it on your own responsibility! if you follow this guide properly u will be on the safe side ;)

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini-i8190-1.jpg

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190 USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install Kies).

2-You need to enable USB debugging mode (Settings>Developer options) which is deactivated by default.

3-Your SIII Mini GT-I8190 should have 70-80% charge remaining.

4-Your SIII Mini GT-I8190 should be factory unlocked.

5-Backup your important data like Call logs, SMS and other data stored in phone memory in case if anything goes wrong, your data is not hurt.

6-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.

This guide is only for Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190. So don’t bother to try it on other devices.

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini-i8190-3.jpg

How to do it:

Step 1) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up. (For some phones, when you see the construction Android robot and a triangle, press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode).

Step 2) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190 to your computer.

Step 3) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue and will show the COM port number.

Step 4) unzip the downlowded file, u will get a Home.tar file.

Step 5) click on pda (in odin) and choose the file "Home.tar"

Step 6) check "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked

Step 7) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the installation process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Pass". your phone will restart (first boot will take a longer time so don't panic) :good:

It is recommended to make hard reset after flashing to have a fresh official firmware

NOTE 1: If you flashed custom recovery when rooting, please restore your stock recovery, do it before flashing stock firmware: refer to tsy0n thread.

NOTE 2: If your phone stuck into a bootloop after flashing the firmware, take-off battery, reinsert it, boot in odin mode and flash "param.tar" (attached) as PDA.

NOTE 3: If you have a corrupted partition table, (Odin says: "there is no pit partition" or "Re-Partition operation failed"), flash pit file for your device (attached) (put it in pit window) with your firmware, in this case "Re-Partition" must be marked.

Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
- Repeat procedure.
- Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
- Change usb port.
- Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
- Try another Odin version.
- Uninstall and re-install driver.
- Try another computer.

Download Links:​
Odin

Don't forget to press THANKS & RATING buttons!
THX to @mattiawhite for "param_I8190N zip"

Attachments

• PARAM_I8190.zip
    493.1 KB · Views: 97,960
  • i8190_goldenxx.zip
    1 KB · Views: 38,175
  • i8190N_goldenxx.zip
    1 KB · Views: 23,703
  • PARAM_I8190N.zip
    474 KB · Views: 19,879
Last edited:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Re: [GUIDE] Unroot, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190

You can also make full unroot using SuperSu app. :thumbup:
u4ydedyz.jpg

Sent through time and space from my s3mini.

Main purpose of this thread also is to upgrade firmware to latest one. And fixing boot loop issue if ever happen when flashing ROMs in the future of this phone development.
The question is: does full unroot from superuser app. delete su binary and superuser app. ? Does return back stock recovery??? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

tys0n

Main purpose of this thread also is to upgrade firmware to latest one. And fixing boot loop issue if ever happen when flashing ROMs in the future of this phone development.
The question is: does full unroot from superuser app. delete su binary and superuser app. ? Does return back stock recovery??? ;)

Yes I understand. Just wanted to share an alternative and easy method if unroot is all you need. Dont know what gets deleted and whats not. I've never tried this method, but of course it won't revert back to original recovery or anything like that.

akkay1

Feb 23, 2013
Lahore
www.facebook.com

Hi Mate, I am using I8190XXALL2, can I use Italy 4.1.2 link?? And do same which you describe. Is there any issue to doing this?? I want to inroot

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: samersh72

Retronix

Mar 3, 2013
First of all, this is my first post, thank you all for providing me this excellent information source!

I was looking for the original Dutch firmware, which I cant find in the list in this thread.

I wan't to flash my Galaxy S 3 mini to official stock firmware, because I bought a T-mobile(provider) version yesterday(good price). Everytime I turn my phone on or off I see the damn T-mobile logo and sound, so I want to flash or if needed root.. I allready installed Kies and did a firmware update, but that updates to the same one I have now with the T-mobile logo..

As far as I know, Kies does not provide an option for a clean firmware install without the T-Mobile provider logo and sounds on startup..

This is my first smartphone, and I'm new to Android, so I will be doing lots of ready before I hook my device up to Odin!

Thanks!

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
First of all, this is my first post, thank you all for providing me this excellent information source!

I was looking for the original Dutch firmware, which I cant find in the list in this thread.

I wan't to flash my Galaxy S 3 mini to official stock firmware, because I bought a T-mobile(provider) version yesterday(good price). Everytime I turn my phone on or off I see the damn T-mobile logo and sound, so I want to flash or if needed root.. I allready installed Kies and did a firmware update, but that updates to the same one I have now with the T-mobile logo..

As far as I know, Kies does not provide an option for a clean firmware install without the T-Mobile provider logo and sounds on startup..

This is my first smartphone, and I'm new to Android, so I will be doing lots of ready before I hook my device up to Odin!

Thanks!
if your phone carrier is T-Mobile, then you must flash stock firmware for T-Mobile.
any way second post is updated. Netherlands added

Retronix

Mar 3, 2013
if your phone carrier is T-Mobile, then you must flash stock firmware for T-Mobile.
It's a sim lock free phone, I use Vodafone as a network provider. Saturn(the shop) had a special offer on it, but it is T-Mobile branded. So it works fine with my Vodafone network, but you have the built in T-Mobile crap when you turn it on and off plus some bloatware apps..

Does that makes sense?

Oh what the heck, it doesn't matter anyways I will probably root it tommorow anyways..

But I need to do alot of reading first so that I know what I'm doing! The idea was to install a clean version of the firmware, witout the T-Mobile bull..

Thank you for the Dutch version!

Last edited:

Mostsh

Mar 10, 2013

Thx

Sent from my Galaxy Mini SIII using xda premium

Reactions: samersh72

sampaioito

Dec 24, 2012
Duvida

Good afternoon'm not very good with English, but I have the following doubts can install on my galaxy S3 mini I8190LUBALK6.
Even more grateful.

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site

sampaioito

Dec 24, 2012
samersh72 Thankful.

samersh72 Thankful.
Thanks for the clarification, I will check more.
Nest site know if I can exchange operator, TIM would be in my case, have some version free phone operators?
How to know if you have root on my model?
Thankful.

TerenceTP7

Mar 11, 2013
Arnhem
my phone got bricked due the install of Chainfire3d.now i only see the samsung galaxy sIII mini start screen.i downloaded the stock firmware and downloaded it on my phone with odin.but its still bricked.i cant enter recovery mode.
what can i do to fix this?please help me with this problem

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site

my phone got bricked due the install of Chainfire3d.now i only see the samsung galaxy sIII mini start screen.i downloaded the stock firmware and downloaded it on my phone with odin.but its still bricked.i cant enter recovery mode.

Flash again 4.1.2 firmware via odin. Follow the exact steps. If u stuck in bootloop wipe data and cache. I think this is the only way

Reactions: ranalab and Mostsh

tys0n

Chainfire3D is for froyo/gingerbread only.
Go to download mode and flash the fix to be able to enter recovery.
You probably still have to flash rom using odin as I dont think clear cache is enough, and you don't have any nandroid backup I guess.
Take a look at the toolkit in the dev-section.

Mostsh

Mar 10, 2013

If your phone does not boot after flashing firmware by odin, wipe data and clear cache

Sent from my Galaxy using xda premium

Last edited:

ninjalandpirate

Nov 2, 2008

Is there an alternative link for UK firmware noted in second post? Link foes not work.

Cheers

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Is there an alternative link for UK firmware noted in second post? Link foes not work.

Cheers

Link is working fine!
any way UK firmware is 4.1.1, and no update yet for it
you can flash 4.1.2 for example: Spain

EDIT: UK firmware updated to 4.1.2.......OP updated

Last edited:
Reactions: ranalab and Mostsh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :cowboy:
    Here is a full guide on how to unroot and back to official stock firmware for Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190. It is useful also if you soft brick your phone​

!!!BE SURE THAT YOU FLASH THE RIGHT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR VARIANT!!!​
    Do it on your own responsibility! if you follow this guide properly u will be on the safe side ;)

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini-i8190-1.jpg

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190 USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install Kies).

2-You need to enable USB debugging mode (Settings>Developer options) which is deactivated by default.

3-Your SIII Mini GT-I8190 should have 70-80% charge remaining.

4-Your SIII Mini GT-I8190 should be factory unlocked.

5-Backup your important data like Call logs, SMS and other data stored in phone memory in case if anything goes wrong, your data is not hurt.

6-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.

This guide is only for Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190. So don’t bother to try it on other devices.

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-mini-i8190-3.jpg

How to do it:

Step 1) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button then proceed with volume up. (For some phones, when you see the construction Android robot and a triangle, press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode).

Step 2) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190 to your computer.

Step 3) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue and will show the COM port number.

Step 4) unzip the downlowded file, u will get a Home.tar file.

Step 5) click on pda (in odin) and choose the file "Home.tar"

Step 6) check "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options and make sure that "Re-Partition" is unchecked

Step 7) Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the installation process. The process will take few minutes to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!

Step 8) When the installation is completed, you read a "Pass". your phone will restart (first boot will take a longer time so don't panic) :good:

It is recommended to make hard reset after flashing to have a fresh official firmware

NOTE 1: If you flashed custom recovery when rooting, please restore your stock recovery, do it before flashing stock firmware: refer to tsy0n thread.

NOTE 2: If your phone stuck into a bootloop after flashing the firmware, take-off battery, reinsert it, boot in odin mode and flash "param.tar" (attached) as PDA.

NOTE 3: If you have a corrupted partition table, (Odin says: "there is no pit partition" or "Re-Partition operation failed"), flash pit file for your device (attached) (put it in pit window) with your firmware, in this case "Re-Partition" must be marked.

Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
    - Repeat procedure.
    - Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
    - Change usb port.
    - Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
    - Try another Odin version.
    - Uninstall and re-install driver.
    - Try another computer.

Download Links:​
    Odin

Don't forget to press THANKS & RATING buttons!
    THX to @mattiawhite for "param_I8190N zip"
    Sv: [GUIDE] Unroot, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190

You can also make full unroot using SuperSu app. :thumbup:
    u4ydedyz.jpg

Sv: [GUIDE] Unroot, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy SIII Mini GT-I8190

If you're on stock rom.. Reset your counter if you haven't yet, backup your data, flash stock recovery in cwm, make factory reset. I think that should restore status. Then you can flash back cwm with rommanager and restore your data.
    Can't think of any other way right now..
    But of course it won't work with a custom kernel or custom rom.

Thanks!