[APP][4.0+] Spoticast - Spotify for Chromecast

Search This thread

NOPDevelopments

May 7, 2014
I just decided to release this to the public. It uses your credentials to make a separate connection to Spotify while listening to media broadcast events sent from the android Spotify client. When one is received it makes a request via the connection for the required metadata and track data. It is then forwarded to your Chromecast to be played. There is a slight delay and a few bugs here and there but overall should be stable enough for a public release. Keep in mind it has not been tested externally until now. You must have a Spotify premium account and you must enable "Device Broadcast Status" in Spotify!

I have no affiliation with Spotify. I think they are a great company who provide a great service but I do not approve of their choice to exclude support for Chromecast. So here it is.

KZo9uLqflgkqKzUEZik0nhsL5qBYXrzWxHC_ihxYYR75h2MkyJSpQrObNWoCqZg8Bg=h900-rw

You can find the application in the Google Play store under the name Spoticast.
You can find a post with information FAQ, issues and other discussion on reddit in /r/Chromecast

Enjoy

Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nop.spoticast

Last edited by a moderator:

darkness_sam

May 22, 2011
Brilliant! Been waiting for an app like this, over the moon it's finally here.

One question - Spotify on my device continues to play the tracks, and having to turn the volume down/off is less than ideal... any suggestions?

NOPDevelopments

May 7, 2014
Brilliant! Been waiting for an app like this, over the moon it's finally here.

One question - Spotify on my device continues to play the tracks, and having to turn the volume down/off is less than ideal... any suggestions?

ATM there is no real solution as we can't control Spotify to mute just it. So you must turn down the volume on the media channel of your device.

Axell31

Feb 23, 2011
Thank you, it works like a charm :)
Just the problem with the phone playing the song but it is not so annoying.

Great app.

demersb

Aug 8, 2010
I started Spoticast and my RAZR Maxx (4.1.2) immediately rebooted. I did not have a song playing at the time though. I tried it again with a song playing and it did not reboot the device. Thank you for your work on this application, it is wonderful!

pedrogalves

Sep 19, 2011
São Paulo
It's a really nice, the app, but unfortunately it doesn't play continuously on my phone.

It's intermittent, sometimes after one song, 2, 3... I notice that the spotify keeps playing the next music but the chromecast stucks on the art album of last music and doesn't plays anything.

So I need to switch back to spoticast, it shows "loading" I select my chromecast again, it connects, switch back to spotify and play any song of the list.

So it seems that the spoticast looses the connection witht the chromecast for any reason.

Don't know if this matters, but just in case, I use a xperia zl.

Regards

trjlive

Jul 24, 2013
Los Angeles / Orange County, CA
trjlive.com
I installed this on my Nexus 5 yesterday and have been using it without any problems. Went to install it on my Nexus 7 tonight, and it's not available in the Play Store (USA) any longer. Checked again on my N5, and no results either. The link in the OP goes to a page saying the item doesn't exist any more. So it was taken out of the Play Store between yesterday and today?

billerr.g

Apr 23, 2011
Is Spoticast still working properly? Mine gets stuck on a "Ready to cast..." message on the Chromecast, as of yesterday.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts