My Stable setup...
Here is my setup:
casacristo's VALENTINE ROM build RS18
on Pola100 (HTC Touch Cruise)
, l1q1d's 2.6.25 kernel
(customized with atools), 16GB Sandisk (FAT32)
-> Works Fast (fastest/stable Froyo I tested)
: okay (headset, pairing with PC)
: okay (No Zoom, no Camcorder)
: okay (Need Dual Mount SD Widget 3.09 to work correctly in my W7 x64/Ubuntu)
: okay (first time takes 5-10m to fix satellites, using NDrive, same thing in all Froyo ROM's I tested)
Issues i found
- GoLauncher looses all widgets after reboot (I installed Launcherpro and removed GoLauncher).
- No delivery reports in SMS's, option is on, but nothing happens (Same thing is other Froyo ROM's I tested).
- Caller ID cant be changed (Call Settings->Additional Settings->Caller ID if i change it, the device enters an endless loop of asking the PIN and no longer registers in my operator network, so stick with Network Default setting)
- Led notification colors incorrect, no Blue BT led, no green wireless led, leds always amber/deep orange (its using vogue_hw configuration, HTC Vougue only has one big led instead o two small ones)
- Once/twice a month a got a random crash...
I had some trouble getting this setup to work, my problems where always battery drain and network coverage (also in every other ROM i tested), so after a lot of testing i managed to find the correct way of install it on my old POLA100!!!
(I always use the SDCard flashing method)
1- I downloaded an official ROM (WM 6.1) and flash it back (Why? I read some where in this forum that usually the official ROM does a task29 (format NAND), before its flashed). (OPTIONAL
2- Flashed/Reflashed last HARDSPL.
3- Flashed the Kernel made by atools (POLAIMG.NBH)
4- Flashed Radio 18.104.22.168 (This one works good with my operator)
5- Installed Android using install-seq.sh (atools)
6- Its Done!!!
Before those steps, my new battery (yes, i bought a new one...i thought the problem was that
) with the normal daily usage, from 8AM-8PM was almost drained, now its about 70-75% remaining...
That's all folks