RUU File for RADIO-26.17.14.11_M

Search This thread

360fifa

Oct 31, 2013
Just reboot to boot loader. You will have to do that anyway to re lock before you flash firmware so just the version number while you are there. And yes you temp folder will be emptied. But if everything went right you don't need any of those files anymore.

Ok will do that now. I'll be back with the ingo..

Thanks again.

Gizmoe

Its not working... I'm going through it again. maybe i dont know how to mount the the system....

You need to start fresh. Flash the RUU I posted. Then HTC dev unlock. Then before you flash cwm or su follow these steps to flash an unsecure boot img. Except do not re lock booloader.

http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=88

Now flash cwm and then superuser.
Now follow the steps for s off.

Last edited:

360fifa

Oct 31, 2013
3.20.502.52. You won't be able to downgrade with an RUU while s on. The problems you where having too are because you don't have an unsecure boot.img.

Lol....I was wondering y I was having issues. I installed a custom n flashed the boot.IMG from that zip now I'm running pac-man 4.2, I'm wondering if it would work now that I don't have the stock ROM on.I will run ruu n go through your ur recommendation just wanted to know if u think that it would work?

Last edited:

Gizmoe

Lol....I was wondering y I was having issues. I installed a custom n flashed the boot.IMG from that zip now I'm running pac-man 4.2, I'm wondering if it would work now that I don't have the stock ROM on

Not sure but attn1 seems pretty specific that it is a stock setup with only the recovery in ace tools and su installed. As long as you don't mess up your hboot you won't brick your device.

360fifa

Oct 31, 2013
Not sure but attn1 seems pretty specific that it is a stock setup with only the recovery in ace tools and su installed. As long as you don't mess up your hboot you won't brick your device.

Okay kl. I will run the ruu u then unlock bootloader then go thru the last Link u sent. After that I'll go they the s-off instruction again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have the HTC Inspire 4g with:

Software #: 3.20.502.52 710RD
    Android Version 2.3.5
    HTC Sense 3.0
    Baseband version: 12.69a.60.29u_26.17.14.11_M

I have unlocked the bootloader using htcdev and have successfully rooted the the device but i'm still S-ON. I have tried installing some custom ROMs however after flashing the device did not boot. I understand that I have to flash the boot.img file located in the .zip file of the custome ROM. That I know how to do... My concern is that I want to try out some ROMs but as a precaution I would like to have the stock RUU file for the type device I have should I need to restore it.

I did create a backup of my ROM and have used it previously to restore the phone after installing the custom roms that haven't boot. I just want to know if I flash the boot.img file will a restore bring it back to where it was before the flash or do i need the RUU file to restore stock?
    If the later please advice where I can find that particular file as I've searched but can't seem to find the one to use.

Thanks a million.

360fifa

RUU 3.20.502.52
    Your're right very intimidating, however I'm willing to try my only concern is what is dd highlighted below "High Level Steps (some detail deliberately NOT included)

htc dev unlock, install cwm recovery and root ONLY
    dd the stock boot image to /data/local/tmp and pull it to your pc HD (/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 is boot)
    adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/data/local/tmp/boot.img
    adb pull /data/local/tmp/boot.img"?

Also i navigated to the folder on my device however it doesn't show any boot.img file. Just a init.rc file. Could you explain just this part of it please?

Thanks again,
    360fifa

DD is copy and convert. It will copy boot files and convert it into boot.img. Use adb shell to do it as shell works within phone directories. Then pull it from pc using adb pull. He is giving you the exact adb commands to do both.

Code:
     adb shell 
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/data/local/tmp/boot.img

adb pull /data/local/tmp/boot.img
    Hi,

I have the HTC Inspire 4g with:

Software #: 3.20.502.52 710RD
    Android Version 2.3.5
    HTC Sense 3.0
    Baseband version: 12.69a.60.29u_26.17.14.11_M

I have unlocked the bootloader using htcdev and have successfully rooted the the device but i'm still S-ON. I have tried installing some custom ROMs however after flashing the device did not boot. I understand that I have to flash the boot.img file located in the .zip file of the custome ROM. That I know how to do... My concern is that I want to try out some ROMs but as a precaution I would like to have the stock RUU file for the type device I have should I need to restore it.

I did create a backup of my ROM and have used it previously to restore the phone after installing the custom roms that haven't boot. I just want to know if I flash the boot.img file will a restore bring it back to where it was before the flash or do i need the RUU file to restore stock?
    If the later please advice where I can find that particular file as I've searched but can't seem to find the one to use.

Thanks a million.

360fifa
    Hi Gizmoe,

is there a rooted and s-off RUU file I could use as well?

Thanks again..

RUU 's can not be modified. You will not lose s off however by running an ruu. After you run ruu just pd98img a recovery and flash away.
    So are you saying that I would need to unlock the bootloader again then following the same steps I have now? I had the impression based off could threads I've read that there's a way to root the device while gaining S-OFF that will allow me to avoid having to manually flash the boot.IMG everytime i install a custom rom. If there's a thread I can read or a guide to follow please provide a link so that I can proceed. Oh, does all the pd98img file the same?

Thanks again.

360fifa

Yeah that's right. Your not s off. Well here is the only method left for the inspire. It may be a bit intimidating but really isn't that hard. Here is link.

http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?cat=6