N7100 Updated to 4.4.2 indian official, no network connection, can't downgrade

Search This thread
Hello Guys,

I've updated my N7100 with the latest official Indian 4.4.2 ROM. I cannot get network connectivity. My device is unlocked, SIM detected, APN set but I have a no connectivity prompt. My IMEI is intact. I searched the forums, and when similar of this happens, the tip is to downgrade to 4.1.2. Well, I cant, i get "Invalid Magic String".

So please help. I have....no phone to say...

-Paul

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Hello Guys,

I've updated my N7100 with the latest official Indian 4.4.2 ROM. I cannot get network connectivity. My device is unlocked, SIM detected, APN set but I have a no connectivity prompt. My IMEI is intact. I searched the forums, and when similar of this happens, the tip is to downgrade to 4.1.2. Well, I cant, i get "Invalid Magic String".

-Paul

Forget about downgrade to 4.1.2.
2 possibilities to get network connection:
a) Flash latest modem of your region
b) Flash XXUFND3 from France (here maybe you got also to flash modem, but not sure)

surfingdude

Jul 2, 2013
I did the same thing, flashed ND3 modem. In that wifi always consumes battery even though its not turned ON. And mobile data/surfing speed is ridiculously slow. What should i do?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

wrena

May 14, 2014
Hello Guys,

-Paul

To downgrade to 4.1.2 you can try using Mobile Odin and a stock 4.1.2 rom.

emanuelme

Dec 24, 2012
If you mean modem.bin it is included in the stock rom's .tar file. You can see it if you open the .tar file with Winrar.

Thanks. I meant that I tried different modems - it comes with ND3 by default and I've tried flashing NA1, NA3, MK1, MJ5, MJ9, etc. All to no avail. I'm not sure what modem has been used to work with att on 4.3 (i've been out of the USA). If someone knows a reliable modem that they have used with ATT, please let me know.