HTC Media Link HD quick review

Search This thread

marctronixx

Jul 18, 2007
well im in North america and purchased this from Sprint and lower case did not work for me. see my previous posts just prior to post 85 for verification.

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
I have been using my HTC media link since getting it from farther Christmas. However my HTC one-x get very hot after one hour and can shut down with movie stuttering due to the excessive heat. Does anyone else using the media link have the same issues?
Are there any solutions to this problem?
I'm running ARHD 18.1 custom ROM.

Sent witH desire from One X

Maxlp

Jan 12, 2011
Does anybody know how to prepare my HOX to stream HD video files via Medialink without stuttering and bad video quality? If I run Youtube, HD work fine, but if I play HD video from MX player (or whatever other player) in got minimum stuttering and bad quality.:confused:

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
I have great picture quality for the first hour until I've hearing occurs. But before that the picture quality is great, I use ND Player Pro but anything pays well.....Do you have a good WiFi router? Try turning off your router and let the device and media link connect directly rather than via your home network for a test.

Maxlp

Jan 12, 2011
Will give a try with ND Player. Is quality great even with .mkv files?
Do you chose HW or SW decoder? Do you have any additional codecs?
Connection between router, Medialink and HOX must be good, they are all together in radius 1 meter. But I think that the problem is not in router because on it says on HOX that the SSID is Medialink and not my router...

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
I've tried wifi and ad-hoc, but still I can only get a good image with stock player. Other players or xbmc suffer from low quality.

Stock player through media link consumes really low energy, which is a great advantage, but subtitles have a 1 hour delay. I can't understand why, tried to compensate that, but still can't synchronize the subtitles properly.

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Will give a try with ND Player. Is quality great even with .mkv files?
Do you chose HW or SW decoder? Do you have any additional codecs?
Connection between router, Medialink and HOX must be good, they are all together in radius 1 meter. But I think that the problem is not in router because on it says on HOX that the SSID is Medialink and not my router...

I've tried wifi and ad-hoc, but still I can only get a good image with stock player. Other players or xbmc suffer from low quality.

Stock player through media link consumes really low energy, which is a great advantage, but subtitles have a 1 hour delay. I can't understand why, tried to compensate that, but still can't synchronize the subtitles properly.

Try bubble from the market, it has its own thread on xda and is the best for streaming from my pc to tv.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1118891

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Try bubble from the market, it has its own thread on xda and is the best for streaming from my pc to tv.

Yes, but from what I've tested, it still uses HTC stock player, which is a pain in the neck regarding subtitles, not even files that work on Apple TV will display subtitles on Media Link.

pfml

Feb 23, 2009
Unable to see Media Link network

Hello,

I've some trouble trying to connect my HTC one to our Media Link HD.
Works perfectly with Marie's HTC one.
I'm able to see Media Link wifi network with laptop, even to access to the Media Link web page (192.168.3.1)

But, on my HTC one, I don't see the Media Link network in Parameters/Wifi. Tried scan and manual adding, without success.
Even Wifi Analyzer don't "see" this network.

Any idea ?

Thanking you in advance !

oksooner

Jun 19, 2012
Netflix blank screen with Htc media link

Having a problem with Netflix & HTC media link not working properly, the problem it works well until the movie that is chosen starts playing & the screen goes blank you can hear the movie but no picture. Has anyone heard of this issue?

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Having a problem with Netflix & HTC media link not working properly, the problem it works well until the movie that is chosen starts playing & the screen goes blank you can hear the movie but no picture. Has anyone heard of this issue?

It worked fine on mine the last time I tried. Although Netflix has been updated recently so it may not work now.

pinoy85

Apr 16, 2008
Turning the screen off using the power button does not stop video or music player using the right applications. There are two modes for HTC Media Link, mirroring and using HTC Media Link as "Media Renderer". When used as DMR, phone can be used for other functions and it does not stop play back etc. When using as mirror, whatever is running on Phone is mirrored to TV so if screen is off, it disconnects.

I play all my media to TV through Media Link in DMR mode. My all media is on NAS and various Media servers are set up on my home network. I use an application called ArkMC which shows all my media servers to choose from and is also capable to push the playback on TV as it has functionality of "Play To". I have also installed Mobo player in case i want to playback my media from NAS on my phone and it is able to play all sort of formats (almost all) both on phone and on TV.

Perhaps this helps

Hi i have a question. I have htc one m8. When Im using htc media link to play video on my tv is always used de mirror mode. My question is how can i choose to play videos in dmr mode? I tried everything i cant figure it out. Can u help me? Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The medialink HD arrived this morning, as it was a free gift courtesy of phones4u. I played around with it for 2 hours, and this is what I think:

It was incredibly easy to set up and use, it even came with a stand so you can stick it on top of your HDTV. So that is a nice little bonus!
    The actual product itself is MUCH smaller than I thought it would be, I thought it would be at least the size of the One X, but no, it's pretty damn small!

One thing I noticed, is that when playing an intense game like Blood and glory, it stutters for the for 2 minutes of gameplay, then it seems to run like a hot knife through butter, I found this was the same with web browsing too!

HD content and games overall look amazing, HTC actually got something right first time for once! I really recommend this product to ANYONE with a One X! Any questions more than welcome of course :)
    I have noticed when using the on-board video player, pressing the power button it still streams to the media link hd, which is good as you want to turn the screen off on the HOX anyway.... If I do the same with a third party one like BS Player it will cut off. Am on the 1.28 rom still.... Also picture quality was better through the HOX video player than BS player.
    Anyone get there media link to update. Everytime mines try, it times out and says try again later.
    I bought a second one to make sure the 1st one wasn't defective and now the second one won't update neither.

1st one says on the main screen: VERSION 1.57.789.0
    while trying to update from phone it says: Current Version M2.5.57

2nd one says on the main screen: VERSION 1.56.789.0
    while trying to update from phone it says: Current Version M2.5.56

If anyone has gotten it to update can you please post the current version

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Anyone get there media link to update. Everytime mines try, it times out and says try again later.
    I bought a second one to make sure the 1st one wasn't defective and now the second one won't update neither.

1st one says on the main screen: VERSION 1.57.789.0
    while trying to update from phone it says: Current Version M2.5.57

2nd one says on the main screen: VERSION 1.56.789.0
    while trying to update from phone it says: Current Version M2.5.56

If anyone has gotten it to update can you please post the current version

Been working on getting this thing to update for 3 days. And today I went out and bought the second one. Well after 991 tries, it updated just now.

now the 1st one says on the main TV screen: VERSION: 1.71.103.0
    and on the phone it says: Current Version M2.5.71

One other noticeable difference is after the update, you will see the "wifi" symbol on your tv at the media link HD's main screen. I've done lots of research and I've noticed that on most of the youtube videos that were released after this years MWC everyone had this wifi signal shown where's mine didn't.

(to anyone wondering, I restarted my phone (EVO LTE) and resetted the media link HD. I also turned off the security password on my wireless router. Don't know what happen this time, cause i did all that several times before, with no such luck. But anyways, I guess I can return the 2nd one now) :0)

FYI I even wrote a email to HTC expressing my dislike for how the Media Link HD worked. Everything has to work thru the phone? Why not connect it to the router and then any HTC One (or similiar) in the network could connect faster. Hopefully they update this thing and get the many bugs out.

I was 2 seconds from giving them both of our (my wifes and mines) EVO LTE back and going with the SIII. Thats blasphemous for us, as much as we've supported HTC since it's UT Starcom days.
    Jep, works well on OrDroid 7.1.0 too.

Anyone figured out how to send video stream to MediaLink from PC? Is it possible?

Yes, Right click on your media file and there would an option of "Play To". You can select any DMR available on your network- HTC Media link should be one of them. Till the time you can see HTC Media Link as one of DMR in your "PC Network", you can play the content on TV through Media link.

Good luck
    I got mine today, I *was* pleased with it right up until I came to watch a film from HTC Watch, a rented film.

I can play all other media, mirror the display but it just would not stream a rented film.

I phoned HTC only to be told that it will stream if you've purchased the film but not if it's rented!!! Utter balls.

If I wanted to do that, i'd buy the DVD proper and rip it and watch it rights free on any device I own, not take up fixed space on the phone or have to keep downloading it over and over. I thought the whole point of HDMI was to preserve the DRM so are they saying that they've screwed it up and can't protect a rented film?

Nowhere in the documentation, sales site or HTC site does it place this restriction on the use of the device.

I quite like the HTC watch film library, particulary the 5p weekend specials but this ridiculous undocumented limitation is a major step back as I had hoped to avoid using the MHI cable.