No IMEI / Null

Search This thread

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
What is the best way to fix it? I tried restoring stock rom, stock root injected rom all via Odin and also flashing modem and still no success. It is showing baseband unknown even tried restoring few of my nand backup using twrp and still no luck.

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
I've been looking for a while. I'm still not sure how to fix this. I think its a corrupt efs. Did you backup efs in any of your nandroids?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jon3sh

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
I've been looking for a while. I'm still not sure how to fix this. I think its a corrupt efs. Did you backup efs in any of your nandroids?

Yup when I backed up my roms efs all included I use twrp though and I am thinking same corrupted efs just not sure if there is a way to extract efs backup within nand backup. Inside every nand there is a file called efs.ext4.win i hope thats my efs backup.

Reactions: cdshepherd

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Yup when I backed up my roms efs all included I use twrp though and I am thinking same corrupted efs just not sure if there is a way to extract efs backup within nand backup. Inside every nand there is a file called efs.ext4.win i hope thats my efs backup.

Ya when you restore the backup it should restore the efs. Could be something else but I'm not sure. I've banged my head against the wall trying to figure out how to fix it. Someone with more skill than me is needed I believe.

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
Ya when you restore the backup it should restore the efs. Could be something else but I'm not sure. I've banged my head against the wall trying to figure out how to fix it. Someone with more skill than me is needed I believe.

Im not sure what happened I am getting random boots too. :( You had same problem before too? Just curious.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Last edited:

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
Thats worth a shot....I know when I flashed the wrong modem one time..my phone was going nuts and saying unknown baseband. ..I just reflashed my modem and evrythong was well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
Have you tried flashing a modem in recovery?

Yes I did and even flashed modem.bin via odin it shows success no errors I just remember that I flashed restore sd card after downgrade.zip after goin back to Rogers ma3 stock rom. I tried cm10.1 and went back to tw rom. Thanks

Reactions: cdshepherd

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Yes I did and even flashed modem.bin via odin it shows success no errors I just remember that I flashed restore sd card after downgrade.zip after goin back to Rogers ma3 stock rom. I tried cm10.1 and went back to tw rom. Thanks

When you flashed modem.bin in Odin what slot did you put it in? I'm nit sure if it matters. Just curious. I've always flashed modems in the Phone slot in Odin. Not the PDA slot that you'd normally use

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
Correct... modem goes in ''phone'' slot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Phone yeah I chose that.

When you flashed modem.bin in Odin what slot did you put it in? I'm nit sure if it matters. Just curious. I've always flashed modems in the Phone slot in Odin. Not the PDA slot that you'd normally use

Phone I chose yeah.

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
Just found out bluetooth wont turn on too glad wifi still works.

twanskys204

Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
No its not man!! dont give up...if there is a will there is a way..what I can suggest is maybe going over to the s3 forum and looking at there loss of imei thread and asking one of those smart dudes if there would be a difference in retrieving the imei number..I think it works the same

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Good luck man

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
No its not man!! dont give up...if there is a will there is a way..what I can suggest is maybe going over to the s3 forum and looking at there loss of imei thread and asking one of those smart dudes if there would be a difference in retrieving the imei number..I think it works the same

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Good luck man

Thanks man Hopefully someone could shed light to this problem all I can do with phone is just surf net thru wifi thats all.

twanskys204

Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
Im gonna have a look right now...send some links hold up brah

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1801997

Here and hold up I thi k there is more

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And here ask these people....s3 but I think it works the same
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1753833

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
Im gonna have a look right now...send some links hold up brah

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1801997

Here and hold up I thi k there is more

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And here ask these people....s3 but I think it works the same
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1753833

Im gonna read this thread and try it. Thanks for the link bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its just weird it will restore any roms and flash except for baseband. Need help badly here any suggestions guys?

Have you tried flashing a modem in recovery?

I found this too. Its a tool from Adam Outler. This may help :thumbup:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36163537