Nexus 4 signal and battery problems

Search This thread

dinesh690

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 9, 2011
UK
Hello there,

So, I had my phones screen repaired a few weeks ago. For the last two 2 weeks or so, after the phone loses about 30% charge it will start losing signal and then regaining it and this will occur for about 5 mins and then the phone will shut down weather its at 15% or 70%.

After this, everytime I reboot the phone it will turn off within 20 seconds even though it will still have plenty of charge on it. However, It is a dirty shut down. It won't say phone is shutting down, it will just turn off instantly

The only way to solve it is to charge the phone. It will say it still has charge once I put it on charge and that the battery is not fully drained and once it reaches a high enough percentage (e.g 80%). I will be able to use the phone till it drops round about another 30% and the cycle will begin again.

I have tried switching to multiple ROMs and wiping everything of course so it must be a hardware issue. Do you think it is a dodgy battery? Or what could be causing this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Last edited:

raj_luvs_frnds

Aug 28, 2007
RAJASTHAN
Hello there,

So, I had my phones screen repaired a few weeks ago. For the last two 2 weeks or so, after the phone loses about 30% charge it will start losing signal and then regaining it and this will occur for about 5 mins and then the phone will shut down weather its at 15% or 70%.

After this, everytime I reboot the phone it will turn off within 20 seconds even though it will still have plenty of charge on it. However, It is a dirty shut down. It won't say phone is shutting down, it will just turn off instantly

The only way to solve it is to charge the phone. It will say it still has charge once I put it on charge and that the battery is not fully drained and once it reaches a high enough percentage (e.g 80%). I will be able to use the phone till it drops round about another 30% and the cycle will begin again.

I have tried switching to multiple ROMs and wiping everything of course so it must be a hardware issue. Do you think it is a dodgy battery? Or what could be causing this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

hi frnd,

i think its a battery issue. get it changed and everything will be fine...

Thanks & Regards