[MODEM][FLASHABLE] ND8 Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
:cool:... and add SOKP Milestone 1 running fine for me with Deathly Kernel and ND8 modem
(in addition to ROMs I mentioned earlier)...
:cool:

Reactions: prboy1969

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I was impatient enough to wait for ND8 ota so I downloaded the zip and flashed it through the unrooted stock recovery. Did the zip I install have the md8 modem or do I need to flash this? Will flashing this cause any trouble if I already manually updated to nd8?

Edit: unrooted

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
I am using Wicked 4.3 with MK3. After verifying MD5, I was able to flash the ND8 firmware. It appeared to make the service worse (I didn't think that was possible) abd I went back to MK3.

marcran75

Jul 22, 2013
Syracuse,NY
I am using Wicked 4.3 with MK3. After verifying MD5, I was able to flash the ND8 firmware. It appeared to make the service worse (I didn't think that was possible) abd I went back to MK3.

It's all about location. What works best for you is not going to work best for everyone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: 1BadWolf

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

Did you update Profile and PRL? You should whenever you flash a modem.

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
FYI I was on stock MK3 AIO. Dunno if that helps any. I was on CM11 when I flashed the AIO back in December, and ever since. Leave it to Sammy to write stuff that bricks their old stuff unless you OTA it. Front end support all while secretly killing root on the back end.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Russ0000

Dec 11, 2013

I flashed nd8 Friday night and didn't notice any difference from mk3. Seeing your post I reverted to my backup of 4.3 TW updated my prl and profile and I finally do see a difference in signal strength. I was getting one bar at my house and now I have 3 bars. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Link removed. I've received too many accounts of bricking (fried boards?), even though I had no issues when flashing. :confused::confused:

As of now, the only way I'd recommend of updating to anything ND8 related (including the modem) would be to flash the stock tar in the android dev section and go from there.

Stock tar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

With that, this thread is closed... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: THERE APPEARS TO BE BRICKING INVOLVED WHEN YOU FLASH THIS WHILE ON MK3 FIRMWARE.

ALSO, MD5SUM IS NOT INCLUDED TO LOOK PRETTY. MAKE SURE YOU'RE VERIFYING THAT YOUR DOWNLOAD MATCHES THE HASH GIVEN.

Just the ND8 Modem from the kitkat update.

[SIZE=+1]Download:[/SIZE]
    Flash with custom recovery
    Download removed

Thanks to:
    - rwilco12 for the modem flashing template zip
    Link removed. I've received too many accounts of bricking (fried boards?), even though I had no issues when flashing. :confused::confused:

As of now, the only way I'd recommend of updating to anything ND8 related (including the modem) would be to flash the stock tar in the android dev section and go from there.

Stock tar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

With that, this thread is closed... :(
    For what it's worth, I've been on ND8 since yesterday with MD4 bootloader.

And god knows how many times I've rebooted for the purposes of testing now.
    :good: Once again, THX @CNexus :highfive: = ND8 working great for me :)
    :)( but I do feel bad for the few unfortunate folks who have encountered problems :( )