mine is 730.

i tried:

frameroot
towelroot

srs one click
super one click
kingo root

none of them worked.
did not try the acer toolkit, i think they would know if they had support for this device.

Last edited:

SUPERSAIYAN98

Jul 7, 2014
nobody knows a status of thiss device?
btw, the right name is:
Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730
not
Acer Iconia One 7 B1-740
right?
or are these different devices?
It's iconia one 7 B1-740, they are really different devices, please see the specs of the tab & type this out in google: 91mobiles Acer Iconia One 7 B1-740 Tablet

It was just released this year (2014) only.

SUPERSAIYAN98

Jul 7, 2014
mine is 730.

i tried:

frameroot
towelroot

srs one click
super one click
kingo root

none of them worked.
did not try the acer toolkit, i think they would know if they had support for this device.

kingo root works. it roots my acer iconia one 7 (B1 - 740). Try to install generic adb in your pc then run the latest kingo root app.

Jul 22, 2003
interesting. i have the genereic adb drivers install which super one click installed automatically. do you maybe have a link to the ones you used? though i think they either work or dont and wont make a difference, right?

i used kingo 1.2.3 and it didnt work. i will redownload and try again in case little things were changed that didnt impact the version number.

or the 730 is different enough from the 740 that it wont work with the one but does with the other. dammit! but your post makes me hope, thanks.

SUPERSAIYAN98

Jul 7, 2014
interesting. i have the genereic adb drivers install which super one click installed automatically. do you maybe have a link to the ones you used? though i think they either work or dont and wont make a difference, right?

i used kingo 1.2.3 and it didnt work. i will redownload and try again in case little things were changed that didnt impact the version number.

or the 730 is different enough from the 740 that it wont work with the one but does with the other. dammit! but your post makes me hope, thanks.

No problem, I was hopeless as well like you when I wasn't able to find out how to root my acer iconia one 7 (B1 - 740) (because maybe it's a limited product only so only few peoples knows about it.) I think the difference between b1-730 and b1-740 is the internal memory, which is 16 gb for b1-740 and 8gb for b1-730. Luckily, thanks GOD i was able to root my device using kingo root. I need to root it because I want to use Link2SD App which is currently successfully installed in my device. My problem now is I'm looking for a custom rom which I can't find any CWM that supports my device.

Jul 22, 2003
it appeared as device in windows explorer, so it was detectable in that way. but kingo did not detect it. then i tried super one click, which said it would install generic adb drivers for it. and after that kingo could detect it.

SUPERSAIYAN98

Jul 7, 2014
it appeared as device in windows explorer, so it was detectable in that way. but kingo did not detect it. then i tried super one click, which said it would install generic adb drivers for it. and after that kingo could detect it.

Try to set the android device to debugging mode. If kingo root can detect your device, we are 90% successful.

Jul 22, 2003
i have usb debugging enabled of course. i think kingo brings its own copy of adb or i have it already installed. kingo successfulle rooted other phones.

Jul 22, 2003
kingo root calls the tab "vespa", thats probably somehow the name of the driver? windows explorer recognizes the tab correctly as b1-730hd.

i just ran kingo again with a new outcome: failed because of operationtimeout.

interesting. i'll run it again.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

result: failed - NeedRoot

what does that even mean?

SUPERSAIYAN98

Jul 7, 2014
kingo root calls the tab "vespa", thats probably somehow the name of the driver? windows explorer recognizes the tab correctly as b1-730hd.

i just ran kingo again with a new outcome: failed because of operationtimeout.

interesting. i'll run it again.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

result: failed - NeedRoot

what does that even mean?
I've created thread for this in detailed. Please kindly see the steps by steps and the apps I've used in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/help/root-acer-iconia-one-7-b1-740-steps-t2866575

please give me some feedbacks so I can help you :highfive:

007india

Jun 19, 2014
Android updated for my rooted Acer B1-740 tab

I've created thread for this in detailed. Please kindly see the steps by steps and the apps I've used in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/help/root-acer-iconia-one-7-b1-740-steps-t2866575

please give me some feedbacks so I can help you :highfive:

I have rooted the tab based on the steps given in the link. I have taken backup of the system app+data too. Now let me know how can I update android from present 4.2.1 version.