[Q] How can I tell if it's possible to S-Off my phone?
So Wind Mobile just recently released their version of the HTC One on August 27th, 2013:
From a little bit of researching, it seems like there are some prerequisites for performing S-Off. From what I've read, it seems to be the following:
- Phone must be an older release as the newer hboots cannot be S-Off
- If you are an older hboot, there are certain radios/firmware(?) that prevent S-Off in combination with the hboot
- You must be on the stock rom
I'm worried that my new HTC One is too new to be able to S-Off as it was just released last week from the carrier. Also, because it was just released there are no RUU that can be used to downgrade the hboot(?). I'm assuming my understanding is correct.
As of right now, the phone is completely stock, no modifications have been made. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to perform the following:
- Install CWM Recovery
- How to make a generic Nandroid so that anyone that needs to go back to stock Wind Mobile can use it (since no RUU is released)
- If S-Off is possible given the current hboot and radio/firmware combination currently installed.
- How to SuperCID this phone
- How to keep S-Off and install hboot 1.54/5
I appreciate any help, I've attached a picture of my bootloader to add more details into my inquiry.