[Q] tasker location not updating

Search This thread

orb360

Mar 13, 2011
So tasker isn't updating location properly.

I have it using "net" for location and location mode is set to "battery saving"

Upon phone restart this works...

Until I change mode to "high power" for navigation, etc...

After toggling location mode tasker will cease updating location until I reboot the phone.

Even after going back to battery saver... google maps location works... but tasker refuses to change.

Anyone else having issues like this? what gives?

ykphuah

Dec 17, 2009
I have used location triggers from Tasker but never the "location" in Tasker.

If you want a low battery location trigger, use the State->Cell Near instead.

If you are ok with slightly higher battery usage with higher accuracy and got USD1 to spare, try the AutoLocation plugin that uses GeoFences.

orb360

Mar 13, 2011
It works great for weeks at a time... until I change my location mode from "battery saving" to "high power" (and later back to "battery saving")

Only after I change location modes does it stop working until a reboot (even force close and restart won't fix the issue)

Anyway, I'd rather not install AutoLocation... it seems like it does the same thing the location profile does in tasker...

ykphuah

Dec 17, 2009
Anyway, I'd rather not install AutoLocation... it seems like it does the same thing the location profile does in tasker...

It definitely doesn't, if you are up for it, you can read up about Android Geofences, it is a new thing by Google and supposedly save more battery compared to previous methods of location detection.

Its sad that Tasker doesn't include this by default internally though.

Eyalkn

So tasker isn't updating location properly.

I have it using "net" for location and location mode is set to "battery saving"

Upon phone restart this works...

Until I change mode to "high power" for navigation, etc...

After toggling location mode tasker will cease updating location until I reboot the phone.

Even after going back to battery saver... google maps location works... but tasker refuses to change.

Anyone else having issues like this? what gives?

I am also trying to do the same profile but I am using disconnect from work wifi as the trigger. Can you please share how did you create the action to change the location mode because I can't seem to find it in tasker.

kgeissler

Dec 21, 2006
Rowlett, TX
I think it has to do with LTE. I wound up using cell tower location within Tasker instead and that works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk