[Q] Nvidia Shield black screen on boot

Search This thread

MrKitty871

Jun 14, 2013
I rooted my Nvidia shield a day or 2 ago and everything was working fine, until i i went to the play store to look for some apps. it wouldn't connect. i tried everything anyone suggested and nothing worked. i tried completely resetting the whole thing. that didn't work. then i found a guide at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110225 and at the bottom he explains that if you delete Hosts file under system/etc/ and reboot and Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache. well i ended up deleting the whole system/etc/ folder. i so dumbly deleted the whole thing and now my nvidia shield will not boot. it gets stuck on a black screen during the boot process after the nvidia shield thing comes up. i tried reflashing the root_shield.img, i tried the recovery options and thats not working. please help me
Thank you.
Mrkitty871

EDIT: I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM BY USING SHIELD RAM, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2661067

Last edited:

mudflap2.0

Apr 7, 2014
Man I'm sorry these guys on the forums are ignoring you, try shield ram, restore bone stock, and it should work, I hope you can still boot into boot loader, if I were you I would have gone nuts, especially when you come back emty handed after asking the forums, just wish there was a better averting questions implementation on xda, its like once your question is ignored for a week, its done for good, hope this help tho

WOW, I forgot to read your edit, I'm sorry

Reactions: MrKitty871

MrKitty871

Jun 14, 2013
Man I'm sorry these guys on the forums are ignoring you, try shield ram, restore bone stock, and it should work, I hope you can still boot into boot loader, if I were you I would have gone nuts, especially when you come back emty handed after asking the forums, just wish there was a better averting questions implementation on xda, its like once your question is ignored for a week, its done for good, hope this help tho

No clue how old this is. But thank you!

Reactions: mudflap2.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No clue how old this is. But thank you!