GT-I9505 forgets the time after reboot

Search This thread

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
Recently i noticed wrong time after restart and the device didn't update it unless it's connected to Wi-Fi. I did some research and found that the device connects to ntp servers via udp 123 port. And most common issues is provider limitations on this port. Asked in provider's support forum and result is that is set some limitations and probably will experience issues with it. So for know solution is to find why my gt-i9505 forgets time after every restart? I own and HTC Desire Z (Vision/G2) as work phone without data plan but it keeps time correct. Both running CM11 (4.4.2 on DZ, and 4.4.4 on S4). Tried to uncheck "Automatic date & time" but isn't helping. Any ideas?

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
Recently i noticed wrong time after restart and the device didn't update it unless it's connected to Wi-Fi. I did some research and found that the device connects to ntp servers via udp 123 port. And most common issues is provider limitations on this port. Asked in provider's support forum and result is that is set some limitations and probably will experience issues with it. So for know solution is to find why my gt-i9505 forgets time after every restart? I own and HTC Desire Z (Vision/G2) as work phone without data plan but it keeps time correct. Both running CM11 (4.4.2 on DZ, and 4.4.4 on S4). Tried to uncheck "Automatic date & time" but isn't helping. Any ideas?

Any1?:confused:

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
Just a guess - kernel or hardware issue. Maybe it is worth to flash newer or different kernel.
Here is some thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1881827
I'm using CM11 and they releases new update almost everyday, so different kernel will no last long (i presume flashing roms updates kernel too?)
And also the time after reboot is set on random basis from 1970 to... pick a year from this century. I guess to ask in cm's forums is the best thing to do next...

editable

Aug 29, 2010
Have you tried factory reset after problem occurred. I have searched in Google and there are lot of phones experiencing the same problem.
One says it is CWM problem (?strange), some do a factory reset, some re-flash firmware... So, start with most acceptable to you.

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
Have you tried factory reset after problem occurred. I have searched in Google and there are lot of phones experiencing the same problem.
One says it is CWM problem (?strange), some do a factory reset, some re-flash firmware... So, start with most acceptable to you.

Yes, this was first i did. (with stock rom had no issues). Yes i'm using CWM, what is next best choise (till madmaxx82 release 4ext recovery for jflte)? On My phone CWM acting weird, for example backups are created in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup instead of /sdcard or /sdcard1

EDIT: TWRP flashing in't solve issue, even when set appropriate time zone

Last edited: