Root xperia arc 4.0.2.A.0.62 with locked boot loader

Search This thread

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
Efharisto Nikola!

I did it and it worked liked a charm :)
Now which is the easiest way to unlock the bootloader?
(it says bootloader allowed yes in the service menu)

Να 'σαι καλά! :cool:

I think you can do that with Flashtool too, it has a plugin. I haven't tried it (I have locked bootloader), but I think it works. Make a search in forum too, there are lots o threads of how to do it.

rebornjoe

Oct 1, 2010
Now Rooted w/ Custom Recovery - Custom Rom?

By using this method can we install custom roms to our xperia arc now or does it still require an unlocked boot loader? :D

Efharisto Nikola!

I did it and it worked liked a charm :)
Now which is the easiest way to unlock the bootloader?
(it says bootloader allowed yes in the service menu)

@sokos1 did you use to have "bootloader allowed No" before?

Last edited:

todditedude

Dec 29, 2011
Scunthorpe
I have tried this all afternoon, each time i get root on .42 the ota update fails, cant figure it out, so am currently getting the 62 firmware.

If I flash the 62 over my 42 rooted, would it still be rooted after? seems easiest way to me eep ;)

Well impressed with those that have it working, but as I cant remember how to check if my bootloader is locked or unlocked, I cant be sure if thats the reason why the upgrade ota wont work :(

Finally got it to work just relocked my bootloader from this link ;) and then all was well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1324703

Last edited:

chokxxi90210

Aug 24, 2008
successfully rooted Arc after downgrading to .42 FW

Guys,

This post came in handy for rooting my Arc with locked bootloader; but I was not able to retain the root after re-upgrading to .62 FW.

The following is what I did:

1. downloaded Global 4.0.2.A.0.42 FW tft file on computer.

2. Updated the ADB Drivers for SE X12

3. Flashed .42 FW on my Arc using Flashtool by Bin4ry (I downgraded to .42 from .62); make sure on flashtool before you click the flash button, you have "wipe user data" selected, if you dont wipe your user data, you'll downgrade to .42 but won't be able to root properly i.e. the process will say that the phone is rooted, but if you install CWM & Titanium Backup - the apps will not get superuser access coz actually your phone is not rooted..!!

4. Used the one click tool by DoomLord (ZergRUSH exploit method) application version 3 for rooting; please note that v4 didnt workout for me.

5. Vola..!! I was rooted..!!!

6. I tried OTA update back to .62 after i was rooted, but after upgrading, i got unrooted :(

I followed steps 1 to 5 again and became rooted with .42 and applied the Big Mod pack with Xperia S UI etc. I am loving it, i have a Lt 15i with look and feel of Xperia S. But let me warn you, it eats your battery like crazy...!!

I'd really appreciate if someone can guide me with this battery drain issue...is it the Xperia S apk or what ?

tobbis

Dec 6, 2009
I've downgraded my Arc from ICS to .42. After flashing the FW, I finished the setup assistent and rooted my device. In the next step i tried to update my device over OTA to .62 but the update didn't finish. Just got the message "Could not install new software version. Try again"

Any idea?

Thanks advance.

lyteo

Apr 13, 2010
Could not install new software version. Try again.

Xperia Arc s

:confused:

Do not change anything in system folder before you install .62 OTA.

Flash .42, root, then install .62 OTA. After that, start to remove, install, modify anything you want on your phone.

marius5147

Feb 26, 2009
Galati
can someone pls help me,after rooting,when i try to update my device over OTA to .62 it allways fail and i get the message update failed ... i tried and did the same steps from the tutorial but no use ... i am not doing any changes to the phone,just flash then open the phone,conect to wifi from assistance menu then root .. and then update fails :confused:

obborr

Apr 12, 2012
can someone pls help me,after rooting,when i try to update my device over OTA to .62 it allways fail and i get the message update failed ... i tried and did the same steps from the tutorial but no use ... i am not doing any changes to the phone,just flash then open the phone,conect to wifi from assistance menu then root .. and then update fails :confused:

I used to have this problem on my LT15i (using LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic Global World from this tutorial). So I re-flashed my Arc with LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic World UK. The update to .62 (OTA) went well after rooting the .42. Hope this helps.

You can find .42 Generic UK from here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381221

Last edited:
Reactions: marius5147

marius5147

Feb 26, 2009
Galati
thank you,i will try and post a reply soon :) one question: if this works,it will update to .062 generic UK or Generic world?

Last edited:

amalmuraly

Oct 22, 2012
idukki
root sk17i build 4.0.2.A.0.62

could anyone pls tell me how to root my se xperia mini pro sk17i bulid 4.0.2.A.0.62 without unlocking bootloader ???

chronokinetic

Nov 18, 2009
Worked for me! On Xperia Arc LT15i 4.0.2.A.0.62 (unlocked bootloader)

Amended atif_afzal's instructions:
(1) Make backup of your market application with titanium backup
(2) Download 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic from ( jlmcr87 posted the link )
(3) Flash this firmware with any version of Flashtool i did this with 0.2.9 & 0.6.8. I also used 0.6.8.
(4) After flashing the firmware root xperia arc with the methood of ( zergRUSH any version ) i root with the ( zergRUSH version 1 & 3). I assume Flashtool 0.6.8 comes with zergRUSH by default, because that's all I used.

What I did,

Download:
- Flashtool 0.6.8
- 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic .ftf file

Phone: Check Allow 3rd Party applications (Settings > Applications), Check USB Debugging mode (Settings > Applications > Debugging). Turn off.

Install Flashtool 0.6.8
- Go to its program folder, copy 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic .ftf file into Firmware folder
- In Drivers folder, click on the only file to install drivers (check to install all of them)

Open Flashtool
- Connect the Xperia Arc, drivers should finish installing. Disconnect phone.

- DRAG the 4.0.2.0.42 Generic .ftf file into blank space on Flashtool. Click Okay.
- Phone off. While holding back button, connect it. Release back button when you see the green light on phone.
- Flashing. Wait for loading bar till 100%, this takes a while.
- Check flash, look for 4.0.2.A.0.42 in Build Number (Settings > About Phone)

- Phone on. Connected, click Root on Flashtool. Wait till finish, this takes a while.

Done.

(5) After that immediately connect your phone with wireless network and check for update. Its display that new version is availabe 4.0.2.A.0.62. Click to update. After update click to install. It will take time and your phone start several time dont worry about it. After completing update first boot take time.
(6) To Check root install CWM autoinstaller or Titanium backup. (or just look for the app Superuser, it should appear) Have fun

My attempts:
I took three tries. The first time I failed, I didn't install all the drivers. I only selected like 4 of them, what I thought to be necessary. 2nd installation, checked all, and flashing worked. After flashing, I should have clicked Root. But I disconnected phone. Root button was unclickable so I flashed again. This time around, I was able to click Root. I got scared when it said "make sure phone is not in MSM mode", which it shouldn't be as long as "USB Debugging" is checked. It showed two errors after rooting, but worked anyway.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am new here in this forum but i was also facing problem with root accedently i update my arc from 0.42 to 0.62 and i lost my root. Now yesterday rooted my arc and my phone once again awsome.....I want to share how i did it and this happened with the help of comments in this forum and moders and developer who develop the mods for arc. Its not my work just share.

(1) MAke backup of your market appliction with titanium backup.
    (2) Download 4.0.2.A.0.42 from ( jlmcr87 posted the link )
    (3) Flash this firmware with any version of flastool i did this with 0.2.9 & 0.6.8
    (4) After flashing the firmware root xperia arc with the methood of ( zergRUSH any version ) i root with the ( zergRUSH version 1 & 3).
    (5) After that immediately connect your phone with wireless network and check for update. Its display that new version is availabe 4.0.2.A.0.62. Click to update
    After update click to install. IT will take time and your phone start several time dont worry about it. After completing update first boot take time.
    (6) To Check root install CWM autoinstaller or Titanium backup. Have fun
    It works on my ARC S

I tried it now again and it works on my Arc S. To help the others I wrote down what I did :

I downloaded Xperia Arc (LT18i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE.ftf.7z (just google it by copy pasting the name. You will certainly find it) and unpacked it with winrar
    The filename gave me problems because the path was maybe too long or it contains spaces in the name so I changed it into Xperia_Arc_(LT18i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE.ftf (with underscores in it instead of spaces) and copied it to c:\flashtool (version 0.6.8). Then I started flashtool again because I already had it open (if it is already started, shut the program down and start it again without phone in it and then follow the steps again). Then it started flashing!

It booted 2 or 3 times (I just waited), and then it came up and I could change the USB settings to debug and the appsettings again so it will also accept unknown sources. Then I used DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip to root it (just google it by copy pasting the name, download it, and unpack the whole zip into a folder). This batchfile within the zip gave a few errors in the beginning"could not start deamon" etc..but it looks like it tries again and again and then it looked

like it was doing nothing so I went away for 10 minutes, and when I came back, it was ready and it succeeded. I tested root afterwards and it worked.

After step 4 and 5 were done (the actual upgrade to the latest version), i installed Titanium Backup and then it said that I had no root!

So I flashed it again with Xperia_Arc_(LT18i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE.ftf but this time I also changed the USBsettings! Flashtool says "be sure you are not in MTP mode", and of course, my phone was that all the time. How could I miss that one! So I also changed it into the USB debug mode and that it should accept unknown apps. Was it maybe this that fcked it up all the time? I rooted it again with DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip and upgraded one more time! Now it all worked! Latest version, with root!

Thanks topicstarter for your manual. Couldnt have done it without you.
    link

(1) for 4.0.2.A.0.42 is ( ://uploaded.to/file/vmfu4czg )
    (2) And for flash tool ( ://ul.to/w076p5wf )

Plz put http berfore the link
    Hey Zenith, i download the .42 and the Flash tool..
    Which option did you use? Flashmode or FASTBOOT Mode?

Did you unlock the bootloader before you flashed?

i m worried to proceed not to brick it.. :(
    Hey Zenith, i download the .42 and the Flash tool..
    Which option did you use? Flashmode or FASTBOOT Mode?

Did you unlock the bootloader before you flashed?

i m worried to proceed not to brick it.. :(

You will use Flashmode and you don't need to unlock the downloader. I did it just yesterday, downgraded to .42, then rooted and then updated to .62 OTA. Everything went fine and now I'm waiting for ICS to roll out in my country.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2