Screen protectors

Search This thread

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
I've always used Brando - but recently i got SafeScreen which is half the price - and i haven't noticed any differences between them. Never tried SGP though. For Xperia Z i'll probably use the one that Sony bundled with the phone - or whichever brand releases one for both front and back of the phone.

parapaul

Apr 27, 2008
West Midlands
I was thinking this too - the Xperia Z, like other Xperias, ships with a pre-fitted screen protector. I'd like one for the back too though, to keep it looking pristine.

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
I was thinking this too - the Xperia Z, like other Xperias, ships with a pre-fitted screen protector. I'd like one for the back too though, to keep it looking pristine.

It has this pre-fitted protector on both front and back. There's additional screen protector bundled in the box so you can apply it on the screen to keep it double-protected, from shattering and scratches.

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
R: Screen protectors

So does xz need another display shield? Isn't enough the one it has from sony?

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
So does xz need another display shield? Isn't enough the one it has from sony?

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

The one applied by Sony is supposed to protect your device from shattering if you happen to break the display. It holds pieces of broken glass togethes. But it is a plastic screen protector - so it will get scratched after a while, so you can either apply a second more scratch-resistant one ( recommended by Sony as it gives you both type of protection ) on top of it - or use the phone as is, and just remove the pre-fitted one should it get scratched badly and replace it with a new one.

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I didn't know the phone came bundled with a screen protector, i've just ordered myself a cheapo hybrid hardcase from the Bay, comes with a screen protector as well, so i should be well covered in any eventuality.

I still have a pack of Crystalusion Liquid Glass protector that i haven't had the bottle to try out on my One X yet.:eek:

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
R: Screen protectors

It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one :D

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

rickO

May 13, 2006
Are there waterproof screen protectors? Quite apprehensive of getting one and ending up removing it due to washing the Z, etc

Sent from my N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DarkKrypt

djq

Dec 10, 2012
www.websitemarketing.co
i think i am going with the front and back protector

41KqVeJ5R4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Full Body XtremeGuard

looks like it will do what i want it to do

Reactions: elsanto755

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
The one applied by Sony is supposed to protect your device from shattering if you happen to break the display. It holds pieces of broken glass togethes. But it is a plastic screen protector - so it will get scratched after a while, so you can either apply a second more scratch-resistant one ( recommended by Sony as it gives you both type of protection ) on top of it - or use the phone as is, and just remove the pre-fitted one should it get scratched badly and replace it with a new one.

It would be very nice if Sony could sell only its original screen shields to replace the scratched one :D

------------------------
Nexus 7 3G - Tapatalk 2

I read on one of the reviews that the anti-shatter screen protector which is already fitted is near enough impossible to remove, plus if you do manage to get it off then so does the Sony badge :-\
So I won't be removing mine but will probably buy a Zagg HD screen protector, had one on my S3 and it was soo much better than the standard one they do!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
I read on one of the reviews that the anti-shatter screen protector which is already fitted is near enough impossible to remove, plus if you do manage to get it off then so does the Sony badge :-\

That was true for CES demo units - they printed Sony logo on the film and not on the glass. In retail units, Sony / Xperia logos are below the glass so removing the film will not take them away.

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
That was true for CES demo units - they printed Sony logo on the film and not on the glass. In retail units, Sony / Xperia logos are below the glass so removing the film will not take them away.

Oh ok, though the Spanish review I read last week had a retail version and in there it stated that, can you provide information on where you got your info from pls?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I heard that sony applies screen protectors to their phones. Does anyone know if the xperia Z will ship with a pre-applied front and back protector?

If so, what would be the need to put on a third party screen protector?

I pre-ordered from handtech.uk to New York ... well lets hoping it will have the protectors already on by Sony.

Top Liked Posts