Download 4.4.2 for Galaxy Mega i9205

Search This thread

ROLY5573

Oct 26, 2010
Essex
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Is it really worth custom-flash to 4.4.2 Portugal if you're not from that country or would you just prefer to wait for the official to roll out?

In my opinion, since there's not much to brag on the KitKat version of Galaxy Mega, I would stick to JellyBean and wait for the official OTA from Samsung. I don't see any custom ROMs for the GT-I9205 yet and there are not many developers into this device compared to the good old S2, S3, S4, S5 series. I'm not sure why, there are more custom ROMs for low-branded devices such as the Lenovo series. Now, I feel a bit regretted buying this phone unless you're a big fan of TouchWiz UI (on a big display panel) and don't like the Xperia, or HTC Sense interface, this is for you.

SamMobile have just acquired latest 4.4.2 firmwares:

Screenshot_1.png

thepuistis

Aug 26, 2014
OMG!! it works!

thank you so much for this rom <3 now my mega works again :) last time installed GT-19200 rom to my GT-19205 and that fked my phone but now it works :) tjanks

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
Can someone confirm that the Portugese 4.4.2 rom will work on an unlocked international GT-I9250T (LTE) in Australia. By 'work', I mean full functionality, 3g/4g data, wifi, gps etc.

Given up waiting for the OTA update here in Australia, I'm sure its coming 'sometime' but need 4.3 or above to work with the Lg G Watch I am getting tomorrow.

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
Any bugs on this version, can someone report please :D

Followed the opening posts instructions but installed the newer Spanish Rom. It installed like an OTA update. Kept all my apps, nova launcher etc.

So far I'm getting random reboots, sometimes I can't dial numbers with a reboot the only way to fix it, today my camera started jerking around after I took a photo then crashed. I had to reboot to get it working again.

Going to do a factory reset to get a clean install, hopefully that fixes it. Only upgraded so I could use it with a smart watch. Sick with 4.2.2 if you don't need kk.

nguyenducanh

May 1, 2014
Hanoi
Followed the opening posts instructions but installed the newer Spanish Rom. It installed like an OTA update. Kept all my apps, nova launcher etc.

So far I'm getting random reboots, sometimes I can't dial numbers with a reboot the only way to fix it, today my camera started jerking around after I took a photo then crashed. I had to reboot to get it working again.

Going to do a factory reset to get a clean install, hopefully that fixes it. Only upgraded so I could use it with a smart watch. Sick with 4.2.2 if you don't need kk.

I'm using Kitkat from region PHE (Spain), everythings work fine and smoother than 4.2.2, without any bugs, flashed firmware through Odin :)

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
Did a hard reset but still having problems with calls. Problems start after a day or two. No ringing on call outs, calls connect but either side can't hear anything, some times calls drop out with the phone app handing. Might be a regional thing, I'm in Australia.

Going to turn off blue tooth and my lg g watch to see it that is the problem next

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
All good now on the stock Italian 4.4.2 rom. Must have been an issue with the modem in the Spanish version. For Aussie Mega 6.3 owners use the Italian rom, been on it for a week now, no problems at all. Now the wait for Android 5.0.....

samundra sen

Oct 30, 2015
thank you so much for this rom <3 now my mega works again :) last time installed GT-19200 rom to my GT-19205 and that fked my phone but now it works :) tjanks

pls give me detail about that firmware by which you fixed your problem. mine phone is also facing same problem as yours pls give me that wbsite to download that firm ware.:crying: mine is mega GT- I9205 lte.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is for international galaxy mega 6.3

Model: GT-I9205
    Model name: GALAXY Mega 6.3 LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 1496203
    Build date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:14:31 +0000
    Product Code: TPH
    PDA: I9205XXUDNE4
    CSC: I9205TPHDNE4
    MODEM: I9205XXUDNE4

Instructions

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
    Download Odin v3.09
    Extract Odin zip-file
    Open Odin v3.09
    Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

http://dl.sammobile.com/PVFbQ1wrLD0hICBDLCFQRkRdPSMhNzotUTExJztGEx0EUlNAWUZBWw../I9205XXUDNE4_I9205TPHDNE4_TPH.zip

Please, add your comments after update :good::good:
    Mobile Data not Working

Possibly because I'm not from Portugal and not on that network, but I can't seem to get my mobile data to work. It says I need to insert a SIM card. Probably flashing back to 4.2.2 in the meantime unless I can find a fix.
    Is it really worth custom-flash to 4.4.2 Portugal if you're not from that country or would you just prefer to wait for the official to roll out?

In my opinion, since there's not much to brag on the KitKat version of Galaxy Mega, I would stick to JellyBean and wait for the official OTA from Samsung. I don't see any custom ROMs for the GT-I9205 yet and there are not many developers into this device compared to the good old S2, S3, S4, S5 series. I'm not sure why, there are more custom ROMs for low-branded devices such as the Lenovo series. Now, I feel a bit regretted buying this phone unless you're a big fan of TouchWiz UI (on a big display panel) and don't like the Xperia, or HTC Sense interface, this is for you.

No custom roms ? I think you are blind

Next time I won't start development on non popular phones anymore

Sent from my HTC D816w using XDA Free mobile app

Lol!!! I spent 6 months of sleepless nights for nothing... :(

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aWMlxRXi9WC5HYygo-RD2TXFwEcY6DK4UNll_rmRVhk/pub
    Haha, yeah I think someone needs to visit a few more threads on here, or buy a pair of glasses :)

BTW I tried the Bulgarian & Czech UDNF2 roms from Sammobile but Wifi would not work, so reverted to Portugal and all is well again, still enjoying Kitkat over JB.