[TOOL] sbf Flashing in Linux for Windows with Ubuntu Live CD

Search This thread

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
I dloaded the 2.3.2 sbf for this thread. Same results verbatim as posted before. You say in my quote above it takes 20-30 min but this is only taking about 5 min tops, then reboots back to the BL with OK to program screen.

Edit: Also an interesting note that after the flash the power light next to the charge port is on but prior to the flash process its not.

The 20-30 minutes is a buffer so people don't mess with the phone before it's finished I probably should've put 10-20 but sometimes it takes longer for some people. I'm still not sure why your phone reboots to the bootloader after flashing. It should be fine you might try reflashing the bootloader, either should work with the 2.3.20 sbf. Your issuse is kinda stumping me I'm not sure exactly what to do.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
yeah I tried it still a no go. I'm looking at some threads in other forums with similar problems. what the heck maybe I will try a droid x sbf since that's what this thing thinks it is. not much to lose at this point but thank you for your help

sent via droid incredible xda app

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Since my wife returned with her Win 7 laptop I tried rsd lite 4.8 on it. It works better less errors. If I try and flash the full 2.3.20 sbf I get same results as my vista laptop but the "2.3.20 System Only" sbf from MDW flashes OK with a 100% finished success reported but the phone still boots str8 to the BL and I tried the wipe all etc from the recovery menu too. After this I tried running the the 2.3.20 update.zip from MDW on my SD Card to see what happens but get a signature verification error when it runs. I still notice RSD shows this phone has N/A in the ESN/MEID status.

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
After this I tried running the the 2.3.20 update.zip from MDW on my SD Card to see what happens but get a signature verification error when it runs. I still notice RSD shows this phone has N/A in the ESN/MEID status.

The update.zip isn't signed by moto so it won't go through the stock bootloader that's why that error occurs. I'm stumped on the esn meid stuff not sure about that. Maybe if we new more history but I think you said all you know is the esn is clear with VZN. The system sbf is if you wanted to update from 2.2.0 to 2.3.20 but it doesn't include everything and since you don't have any other software on there it's not sure what to run even though you have the system 'updated'. This is truly a weird occurance.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
yes I follow you in understand what you're saying. I can only guess that someone was trying to flash this phone to use with another carrier or maybe they try to clone it and it screwed up. I bought an lg voyager once and they had cloned it to a nokia. it changed esn and meid format and they had even put the nokia sticker in the battery compartment. I will get ahold of who I bought it from to see if I can get more information but other than that I think this maybe a lost cause unless someone else comes along with more ideas. thank you once again for your help

sent via droid incredible xda app

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have a link to the live CD, or a torrent? droid2files.com seems to be down.

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
I think I have it figured out. I attached the torrent file for the ISO. Please let me know if this works. It's my first torrent but it was the easiest way to send the file.

You'll have to unzip and then open with your favorite torrent program. I'll seed as long as you can. If the file seems dead PM me and I'll check things. (I wish I had a server or something all I have is my laptop to seed with)

Attachments

• Droid2RecoveryISO-Ubuntu.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

rulevoid

Jun 13, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So I rooted my wifes phone awhile ago, and just decided to try to put on CM7N10 with gapps, I booted into recovery via bootstrap, backed it up, wiped it, cleared dalvik cache, then flashed nightly 10 then gapps. I then rebooted and am stuck in a constant bootloop. I am doing to try this linux SBF shindig out, but the torrent is wayyyyy slow, does anyone have a mirror for the iso? Thanks!!

EDIT: I did it using RSDLite 4.9 on windows 7 and it worked great. Please disregard this message, thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts