[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

Search This thread

RTC88

Jul 12, 2010
What app is everyone using to oc?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

RTC88

Jul 12, 2010
What about gpu oc? What are people using for that?

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
What about gpu oc? What are people using for that?

There are no apps available for that because there isn't a standard GPU interface out there for SoC's. I hope my new GPU interface will gain some traction, as I tried to make it as generic as possible, but it's up to other developers to use it. There's a extensive explanation in the main thread (Linked in OP) for it, as all other changes in the kernel.
I'm curious what was changed to make this work on the sprint variant
In regards to the T-Mobile version there's just two defconfig differences, both probably in my opinion meaningless in practice. In regards to the ramfs, this is using a different data partition and some other minor carrier changes. If you're talking about the official Sprint sources, I don't know; I didn't try to compile them.

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
Do i have to root first or can i just odin this?

honki24

Oct 8, 2010
Thank you Andreilux! Sorry to have been a pest, and thank you very much for your work!

Thanks Viperboy for testing and knowing how to speak his language.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a direct port of my kernel on the international I9300 Galaxy S3 and sidekick to the international N7100/5 Note 2 kernels.

Recap of features:
    • CPU overclocking up to 1.8GHz and undervolting from 600mV to 1400mV.
    • GPU overclocking and undervolting.
    • GPU scaling reworked.
    • Screen sharpness and colour modifications.
    • Extended Pegasusq and improved Performance governors.
    • Removed Touch Booster and replaced with custom Flexrate mechanic.
    • Improved scheduler power management for improved idle residencies on auxiliary CPUs.
    • USB charging rate limit increased to 900mA.
    • Application for control of various settings.

This is supposed to be merely a proxy thread. Please refer to the N7100/5 thread for full changelogs, explanations, bug-reports and other issues. Kernel for specific device versions will be posted here.

This kernel is for the North American Sprint variant SPH-L900. Versions for other variants are found in their respective forums.
    Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus

Hello, this is OP chiming in.
    Yeah, not sure what happened there, but figured you should get a legit answer to a legit question. For reference 32.1 IS based on ma5
    You're an idiot. Several people corrected you and you're still trying to convey something completely false as a hard fact.

No, the kernel is not based on any firmware.

And for a bit of education: Complied kernels are based on source code. In the case of Samsung that may mean a specific firmware from which the source drop may have originated from. However for me and for this kernel that is false since I haven't used a pure source drop in 4+ months, and the current kernel is a conglomeration of S3, N2 and Note 10.1 sources.

And, as somebody else mentioned already, Samsung kernels are ROM agnostic. Unless there are big changes in the kernel APIs, which happen once in a while on major versions of Android and ROM build. And this also answers people's question "will this run on XXYZ?", yes it will. (Except AOSP)
    Thanks for your work on this and allowing me to test! We really appreciate it! And this kernel runs really well!!
    Thread cleaned
    We all need to respect the developer and his wishes
    Please make all posts respectful and on-topic
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Updated. Please read the changelog in the main thread.