Search This thread

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Ah sorry about that. Was busy these days. Okay here what my phone reads now. I tried to install 6.6.5 but not working at the moment

At bootloader,
***LOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.27.0000
RADIO - 11.22.3504.07_M
OpenADSP - v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot

And i did used the patch firmware files at the bottom of the firmware thread and still experiencing bootloop.

Before bootloop i was using firmware 1.17 for T mobile. ARHD 6.5.1. And other firmwares never worked on my phone before and it is ICS rom

Plus im not sure about flashing boot.img, any steps for it? sorry :( Thanks!

• Install these drivers:HTC Drivers
  • Reboot your PC
  • Download the attachment for this post and copy it's contents to the desktop
  • Get the latest 3.32.xx firmware for your device and open the zip
  • You will find a boot.img file, copy it to desktop
  • Press Windows key + R and type "cmd" in the box and hit enter.
  • Type in this command on the Command prompt (The black window)
  • For Windows Vista/7:
    Code:
    cd "c:\users\%USERAME%\desktop\"
  • For Windows XP:
    Code:
    cd "c:\documents and settings\%USERNAME%\desktop\
  • Now, connect your phone to the PC in HTC Sync Mode (Settings>Connect to PC) with USB Debugging enabled (Settings>Developer Options).
  • Type in the following command:
    Code:
    adb devices
  • If your device is shown in the list, then type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    If the device wasn't show, try making the connection again and then trying this command.
  • Next type
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Done!

Once done, follow this guide or my utility (link in signature) to flash recovery, reflash firmware and then Install a ROM.

Last edited:

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
One question, I am about to follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861 to root and flash arhd. The first step is to unlock phone. And it requires me to have htc sync installed. The guide does not say anything about uninstalling htc sync, yet I have read that when going through the rooting process it needs to be uninstalled. Is this correct, or can I have it installed?

Hi,

I think you are referring to the Revolutionary method,which requires HTC Sync to be uninstalled.

:)

Reactions: andy_rose

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
ok i am in the rom installing process. when asked about which custom kernel i want to flash, what are the difference between sebastianfm and faux123 kernel? what should i choose?

Hi,

Again,another life choice for you to make. :p
They are both good kernels,so choosing one or the other,depends on how well it works for you.(Good battery life,speed,etc.)

I am a die-hard Faux fan,so I am heavily biased towards him.
Try it for yourself,and see how it works for a few days.
You can easily install another(there is also Bricked version)

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can somebody say whether the UOT works with Android 4.0.3. I want to change the status bar/top bar icans like this.
http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach.../8/3/1/3/2/uploadfromtaptalk1337931687206.jpg

I am using now ARHD 6.6.5 XE.

Hi,

Yes,UOT Kitchen works 100% with ICS files.
All my battery mods are made in there.
Your picture link is dead BTW.

There is no right and wrong when making a mod in UOT.
The key is to make a nandroid BEFORE you change anything.
Then,if it does not look right,restore and back to the drawing board.
The good thing is the satisfaction of having made something for yourself.

Go to UOT,select kitchen/status bar/and tick "use this mod"
Then start to play.
You can also look at what you have done by generating a preview.

Enjoy.

StormUltimate

May 7, 2011
Can someone cook for me one thing because I got the 2nd error -.- A SHTF Error.
I want the battery icon from CoreDroid/Elegencia (this one in blue with procents), the Carbon Emotions and the G19 Kalagas animated for status bar.

Please, help or made me this mod.

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can someone cook for me one thing because I got the 2nd error -.- A SHTF Error.
I want the battery icon from CoreDroid/Elegencia (this one in blue with procents), the Carbon Emotions and the G19 Kalagas animated for status bar.

Please, help or made me this mod.

Hi,

What file(s) are you uploading?
I found with ICS you only upload the framework-res.apk

StormUltimate

May 7, 2011
Last edited:

dsymbol

May 2, 2009
Hi,
I did a Nandroid backup in the Recovery (4EXT), then switched ROM.
I wasn't happy with the new ROM, so I superwipe, & ran the backup.

Now the Market sometimes give me problems like: Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-09]

Please advice.
Thanks.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi,
I did a Nandroid backup in the Recovery (4EXT), then switched ROM.
I wasn't happy with the new ROM, so I superwipe, & ran the backup.

Now the Market sometimes give me problems like: Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-09]

Please advice.
Thanks.

delete the account..
then clear the data of play store (in settings->all apps->play store)
then re create the account again
and then see

Reactions: undercover

andy_rose

Ok I sucessfully rooted and flashed arhd and are very happy with it. Only thing is I thought it would be overclocked to 1.5 ghz. Am I missing something? Also, am I right that to flash another rom in the future I just flash wipe and then the new rom? No other steps necessary?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Ok I sucessfully rooted and flashed arhd and are very happy with it. Only thing is I thought it would be overclocked to 1.5 ghz. Am I missing something? Also, am I right that to flash another rom in the future I just flash wipe and then the new rom? No other steps necessary?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

yes...but first step would be abcakup of current rom( for safe keep :) )
also wiping is not required when upgrading the same ROM (like version change) ..this way it wont erase data/settings

Also the superwipe is not that compatible when changing to couple of other roms ..so i recommend you to use the inbuilt wipe feature of 4EXT recovery

4EXT->wipe|format=>format all partitions except sdcard

remember this wiping is only required when changing roms completely :D

Reactions: andy_rose

Galaxo60

May 25, 2012
Signatue - Avatar

Hi there!

I just registered in forums, I'm new to all this about android development, but I have read so much the Sensation Forum to resolve some questions and issues I have with my phone. So, I decided to make the step to join the community! :D

Just one simple question: I saw some time ago a post when it shows the proper way to put your signature (or avatar?) in the bottom with information and data of the phone that could be useful so other members can help better.

There is no need to tell me to use the Search function, I have already done that, but still can't find the proper thread to set up that info.

Hope someone can help me with the link to the thread or tell me which info and where (in Control Panel) to put that.

Thanks in advance!

rabsfc

May 25, 2012
Hi i recently bought a sensation xe off ebay but the seller didn't tell me it was actually bought from dubai but it is an international phone and works in the uk.However the xe ics update has come out in the uk for this phone but it doesn't pick up the update automatically or manually im confused now is there any way to update this manually? it says its andriod version 2.3.4 can anyone help me out?

Also the settings,weather,language etc seem to be the settings for that region is there anyway to change this to the uk settings.

Attachments

• 2012-05-25_18-43-46.jpg
    2012-05-25_18-43-46.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2012-05-25_18-54-43.jpg
    2012-05-25_18-54-43.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 27

Top Liked Posts