SanDisk 64GB Micro SDXC cards working on Motorola Xoom and multiple Android devices!

Are you currently using the 64gb SDXC microSD card in your device?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
I know for sure that it works in the Motorola Xoom - As long as you are running HC 3.2 or later.

Let us know if you are currently using it!

I am running a modded ICS ROM using the SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC I 64gb. It's made for smartphones and superphones. SDXC is backwards compatible. Transfer speeds up to 30 MB/sec. Make sure you format it in your smart-phone first, then place it in you Xoom SDcard slot (with the Xoom off), reboot you will see it under storage. A good investment if you store a lot of Backups, pics, vids, etc...
Make sure it is the one in the pic below, I say this because I'm using it and know that it works.
Works on Rooted and Non Rooted Motorola Xoom Tablets.

http://androidcommunity.com/sandisk...working-on-multiple-android-devices-20110927/

bQ3jMzFnJT9WKDAP0PWKA5YoCU4esrsgZ7opBFh1JZmHJ-oH_UKfn2IVxwEPIH5LdDyd1DXGYSlpvvkHt_LMKJnvJdmMIzi0AtGaIDEBqf9d0-BUOmqwH6nNcGu7Yt1VPUQ55h1dBOHS8wX90b7joUwypM6vvLqcHtKL8g_qN8BvxC0jzw
clip_image001_thumb16.jpg
image_thumb49.png

As always, if this was helpful - Give Thanks!

Last edited:

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
can someone confirm that it works on a non rooted xoom.

edit: it works on non rooted xoom. im getting 59.4gb of extra space. awesome.

Last edited:

dkahs23

Aug 10, 2011
Does it matter on what or how old the smartphone is or what ROM/software you are using on it? When you format it?

ahmed007

Jan 13, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
i just wanna confirm will the class 10 64GB work on the xoom

64 GB$184.99

Item# SDSDQUA-064G-A11A
Class 10 (UHS Speed Class 1), up to 30MB/s, microSDXC

junorw

Sep 5, 2010
About Sandisk 64 GB Micro SDXC

Thanks. It really helped me because it worked. I first formatted the card on a HTC Evo 4G and then it mounted without problem on my Motorola Xoom.

Reactions: Mjamocha

tekcruzer

Dec 23, 2012
Works Just fine...formatting was a pain.

I purchased a 64GB Sandisk SDXC from Amazon on special sale at $49.99

When it arrived plugged into the Xoom and it didn't want to know.

I tried formatting using Windows Vista to Fat32 and exFat no joy. Tried using numerous partition utilities. I either got 27Gb or 1MB??

I searched the Web and it seemed from others experience to be a hit and miss affair. It stood to reason that a phone should be able to do it as some people had already confirmed.

I tried a Motorola Droid - No joy

I then used my HTC One X - perfect. I put the card in, did an unmount/erase/mount and it registered 58GB free.

I have the original Motorola Xoom WiFi 32GB running 4.1.2

The HTC is running on Android 4.0.3

Neither are rooted devices they are stock.

Happy bunny..just remains to be seen if it runs stable. No reason why it shouldnt. I can now increase my onboard music library and have room for apps and video.

Oh worth a mention....

Once installed you only have read access from the Xoom as stock. I downloaded and app SDCARDHD from the Play Store $1.49 that allows all the functionality of copying, pasting etc. Worth the money and something Google should address as this is pretty basic stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mjamocha
IOh worth a mention....

Once installed you only have read access from the Xoom as stock. I downloaded and app SDCARDHD from the Play Store $1.49 that allows all the functionality of copying, pasting etc. Worth the money and something Google should address as this is pretty basic stuff.

I have a few questions about this app you mention: is that the exact name of the app? I can't seem to locate it in the app store. Also, are you talking about global copying, pasting, etc., and not simply within a file manager app? I have a Xoom, and the issue I'm running into is that most things that need the sd card seem to treat it as read-only.

Let me know when you can, thanks!

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Have to agree on the hit and miss issue. I got my 64 gig card and when I put it into the Xoom it came up as damaged. I tried to format it in the Xoom and my device just rebooted itself.

My wife has a S3 and I was able to successfully format and mount it there. Thought I was going to be ok. Put it back in the Xoom and still telling me it is damaged. Not sure why this is still an issue.

I am running build 188 of the Team EOS Stingray 4 ROM.

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Have to agree on the hit and miss issue. I got my 64 gig card and when I put it into the Xoom it came up as damaged. I tried to format it in the Xoom and my device just rebooted itself.

My wife has a S3 and I was able to successfully format and mount it there. Thought I was going to be ok. Put it back in the Xoom and still telling me it is damaged. Not sure why this is still an issue.

I am running build 188 of the Team EOS Stingray 4 ROM.

Most likely your external card is damaged ...kinda.
Sounds like the boot sector is corrupted. Place sdcard in pc, Run a chkdsk from your pc, repair

Using chkdsk/r command.

To fix this Plug-in your Card in PC > check which drive is SD card > Go in CMD from start menu.
There type the commad
Code:
Chkdsk e: /r
* replace your drive in this command, my drive is “e”.
That should do it. If you need more info, use google

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Most likely your external card is damaged ...kinda.
Sounds like the boot sector is corrupted. Place sdcard in pc, Run a chkdsk from your pc, repair

Using chkdsk/r command.

To fix this Plug-in your Card in PC > check which drive is SD card > Go in CMD from start menu.
There type the commad
Code:
Chkdsk e: /r
* replace your drive in this command, my drive is “e”.
That should do it. If you need more info, use google

Should the file system be exFAT?

Top Liked Posts