[ROM][4.2.2] Slim Bean - N7100 [Build v8.0][+WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
  1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter
Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]
Installation instructions
For Most Users :

Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
  • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot
FAQ
Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Last edited:

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
Downloads

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 OFFICIAL release. This is a new base as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP source and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or CPU power

Also keep in mind that this is RC software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Last edited:

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] Slim Bean - N7100 [UNOFFICIAL - RC 1.1][<95MB!]

Excellent, was a big fan of this ROM on the Galaxy Nexus!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

kryptoner

Apr 24, 2011
I can't slide to right on lockscreen for camera access, is there any setting for that?

t-r-e

Jun 10, 2011
Port Said
can anyone one confirms if graphic glithces bug exists here ?? ( like artifacts around popup keys on aosp keyboard)

kryptoner

Apr 24, 2011

Amazing ROM.. Not a single bug apart from TV out which is not supported. Even SMS works flawlessly... Just one question, how can I hide capacitive buttons light?
Nvm.. Got an app in play store for that. Thanks
Edit - rootdim app didn't work. Is there any other way to turn of capacitive buttons light?
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenLucifer

adytum

Jul 1, 2011

Hey mnazim, nice to see you here :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mnazim

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro

Nice to see Slim Bean released for the Note 2! Loved it in my OG Note :)

Just a quick question, any reason why my phone won't connect to my WiFi? Never had the issue on any other ROMs, just v1.1 of Slim Bean :eek:

Weetbix

Feb 1, 2010
Kariong

Woohoo! Now the rom I ran for so long on my galaxy s I9000 is here. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mnazim

sandhu795

Dec 29, 2010

Finally :)

Infinite96

Aug 1, 2012
Be sure and use the Slim Gapps posted on the OP.

I had some compatibility issues when I was using another version of Gapps - I didn't look to see what the main differences were , I just know that after I started using the Slim_Gapps I had no more Play Store compatibility issues.
Okay..I'll try to explain as good as I can =)
In SlimBean .. The ROM size is minimum and almost everything inside is PURE Google .
SlimBean is based on AOSP Source which is sort of different from the CyanogenMOD's source . [Correct me if I'm wrong]
So for the gapps .. You can't use the OFFICIAL gapps provided in http://goo.im/gapps ... It is sort of different from the Slim's one =)
That's why you will face Playstore issue when you flashed the official gapps instead of the Slim gapps =)
Another reason is .. SlimBean is using SlimDPI so in SlimBean you'll need a MultiDPI Playstore =) It doesn't included in the Official Gapps but in the SlimGapps =)

[Any question you can ask in this thread .. I'll try to answer if I'm able to =) I'm a SlimROM user since it is released for I9100G =)]
Sorry for the fail language if there's some =)

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Nice to see Slim Bean released for the Note 2! Loved it in my OG Note :)

Just a quick question, any reason why my phone won't connect to my WiFi? Never had the issue on any other ROMs, just v1.1 of Slim Bean :eek:

As for WiFi .. You have to check your Router status if it is up or down =)
Or simply check your phone for the WiFi Region Code =)
It is in Setting > [ASS]Interface > Wi-Fi

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Hey mnazim, nice to see you here :)

He is always here =)
He did a test for N7100 like a month ago =)
Really a good developer ..
He is trying his best to sort all problem out despite of countless time =D

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Amazing ROM.. Not a single bug apart from TV out which is not supported. Even SMS works flawlessly... Just one question, how can I hide capacitive buttons light?
Nvm.. Got an app in play store for that. Thanks
Edit - rootdim app didn't work. Is there any other way to turn of capacitive buttons light?
Is the capacitive button you mean is the Back Button and Menu Button's light ?
If it is ... It is inside Setting > Advance =) [Correct me if I'm wrong]

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

As for the latest download report from what I can see =)
It is 62 download for N7100 Unofficial build :p
Enjoy !

Weetbix

Feb 1, 2010
Kariong
I've got a problem with the camera ... in that I have no camera. If I try to open it I get a box pop up saying "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera".

Coming from Omega V11 (where my camera worked) I did a full wipe (factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache and formatted system) and installed the N7100 device file and the inverted gapps package. I reinstalled a bunch of apps with Titanium Backup, and have since rebooted several times and run fix permissions in the recovery (TWRP v2.3.3.2). Still on the stock kernel.

Any thoughts what the problem might be? If need be I guess I can always start again from scratch and see if the camera works as soon as it boots for the first time.

Also - the OP thanks simone201 in the credits for helping quite a bit. As the kernel is a slimbean kernel, does this by any chance mean that the kernel would be modelled on simone201's neak kernel? I'm curious as when the slimbean started compiling their own kernels, on the I9000 they had the source for Stratosk's excellent Semaphore kernel and compiled that. If I remember correctly that is - don't shoot me if I am wrong. I started trying the neak kernel out on Omega v11 only 24 hours ago and it was giving me smoother performance than perseus, which was in turn giving me smoother performance than stock. I'd be happy if neak was the base for the slimbean kernel :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Original Slim Features:
    1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter
    Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]
    Installation instructions
    For Most Users :

Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest builds from here. Please stay on the Official builds if you are not sure which build to pick.
    • PS: Weekly releases are stable but may contain Experimental features.!
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot
    FAQ
    Check our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language, check our Crowdin page and submit your translations.
    Or consider making a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Downloads

So this is Slim Bean 4.2.1 OFFICIAL release. This is a new base as we have started from a completely clean slate AOSP source and included most of our features within.

NEW BASE FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED!!!

By downloading this ROM, you accept the fact that you understand that your device will not magically have more RAM or CPU power

Also keep in mind that this is RC software features and performance will vary as we get closer to the stable releases.

BUG REPORTING?
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Slim Bean 4.2.2

Anyone here hungry for some 4.2.2 desert? ;)

PS: Yeah yeah spoiler alert!

FYI: We also have started an IRC for slim users and devs! Check my sig. for details.
    Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC 2

Alright Slim Bean 4.2.1 RC2 OFFICIAL released.!! Yes, OFFICIAL Support! [Just more fancy ;)]
    Tons and Tons of new stuff...

Changelog for you guys: [Special one.]
    • Kernel built by me [as you already know]
    • Kernel fully compiled with Linaro 1301
    • Many fixes and improvements from 3.4 mainline kernel
    • Camera Fixes [Still buggy]
    • WiFi Fixes [Still buggy]

PS: For inverted/normal gapps please use the ones on the slimroms addons section. Any other packages are unsupported.

Read Changelog... Download... and enjoy the hell out of it. ;)

PS: Bug reports follow procedure from OP #2.!​

NOTE: Want more performance than possible??? Check this out!!!
    Slim Bean 4.2.2 Build 3

Aristotle said:
    Quality is not an act, it is a habit.

Another Quality Release from SlimRoms... now at SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 3!

Some thoughts to ponder upon:
    • Smart control in Gallery, is a S4 inspired feature that is for fun and maybe some bragging rights amongst your friends!
    • As you all know S/W HDR was all messed up... So we removed it for the time being. If you still need it badly, there is Play Store where everything is available ;)

READ the nice little changelog and Enjoy!

PS: Easter wishes to all! :)