Nexus 7 lcd screen issue

Search This thread

bidontdi

Feb 6, 2008
I all i just start to chnage my lcd cracked on my nexus 7 2012, and i have a problem the black latch on the Zif connector CN1 on the LCD came out. The latch is not brake but it's difficult to reattach, it's very small and i don't know the right position.
I have a look on youtube and google but they are not precise view of this part.
If some one can send me a picture detailled picture of this connector it would be great.

Thanks for your help

nijom

Mar 23, 2012
Chennai
I all i just start to chnage my lcd cracked on my nexus 7 2012, and i have a problem the black latch on the Zif connector CN1 on the LCD came out. The latch is not brake but it's difficult to reattach, it's very small and i don't know the right position.
I have a look on youtube and google but they are not precise view of this part.
If some one can send me a picture detailled picture of this connector it would be great.

Thanks for your help

i dont get which part are you talking about. would be nice if you post an image of that.

bidontdi

Feb 6, 2008
View attachment 2400374

Hi yes it's probably better with a picture, today i succeed by replacing the black latch on the zif connector.
I replace the ribbon on the connector, and i the ribbon seems fasten when i pull on it.

I reassemble all pieces of the nexus 7, but the screen is still black.

When i connect it to the Pc, i can see the nexus 7 but nothing on the screen totally black.

I try differents thing holding power and volume + etc...

And the nexus is alwways black, i heard some sound when i put my hand on the screen so the touchscreen works.

I probably need to change the LCD ribbon ? something to check compatibility of the LCD with the Nexus 7 or this the ribbon ?

Thanks for your help

rezowiklauri

Jul 23, 2015
ZIF

hello i am new here and i want to ask you can i replace digitalizer zifs on nexus 7 2012 wifi please help me

fwayfarer

Feb 10, 2008
You are out of luck and should have been more careful. Those connectors cannot be repaired without some serious skills and tools that you don't have.

Buy a new motherboard and be more careful next time.