[Q]Lost mobile data

Search This thread

aypeeootrek

May 14, 2012
this is something that started yesterday. i noticed it for the first time after i left wifi that was on from the night before. im on the road trying to stream pocketcast to my car and noticed it wasnt streaming. then i noticed i had no data. tried the usual methods of toggling it on and off, rebooting, pulling battery and sim card and just left verizon with a new sim card. i called verizon earlier and they thought it was the sim card from what their computer was telling them but after swapping it, its not the case. i can still send text and make calls though

you can call it conincidental but sat night, i downloaded this anti virus app that came with my computer to my phone. it came with free antivirus for up to 3 mobile devices. all was well until after my first scan i think. after i installed the app and scanned my phone, my battery would not stop draining and was scorching hot. uninstalled the app earlier but i think its too late. the program is kaspersky internet security. i really dont want to pin it on the app but it literally happened right after i installed it or a day later when i finally left a wifi signal. im thinking the heat burned something out

im running alliance build 22 since it released with absolutely zero problems pertaining to data drops. at the moment im backing up my rom and going to try a clean install just to see what happens. verizon is sending me a free replacement but i really dont want it because itll be on the 4.3 ota and ill have a permalocked boot loader which i dont want.

sorry for the long read but trying to explain what happened the best i could. looking for any suggestions to help solve this instead of getting a new phone with a locked boot loaded. also tried switching mobile networks and nothing. thank yous

aypeeootrek

May 14, 2012
Want to put this out there again before I swap phones

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Since u gotta send it back. U did put it back to stock. Did the problem still exists afterwards?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk