[Completed] [Q] Tablets that can make phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

som1special2

Nov 9, 2013
I have been looking and cannot find a list of any completion that shows more than one or two. I know that just because a Tablet has LTE does not mean it can make receive calls/texts. I also know that if you do have an LTE tab that there are apps you can install to be able to make calls/texts.
I want a tablet that is MADE to make calls/texts, (Ala Asus Fonepad). 7" preferably with decent specs as it will be an all around device.

If anyone knows of a comprehensive list, please post a link to article or post Tablets here. Certainly needs to be items that can be purchased here and used with a GSM carrier.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
I have been looking and cannot find a list of any completion that shows more than one or two. I know that just because a Tablet has LTE does not mean it can make receive calls/texts. I also know that if you do have an LTE tab that there are apps you can install to be able to make calls/texts.
I want a tablet that is MADE to make calls/texts, (Ala Asus Fonepad). 7" preferably with decent specs as it will be an all around device.

If anyone knows of a comprehensive list, please post a link to article or post Tablets here. Certainly needs to be items that can be purchased here and used with a GSM carrier.

Thanks in advance.

You should look for 3G/4G ... these tablets are made for mobile carrier communications.
Here is another user asking for the same: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 > Galaxy Note 10.1 General > Can anyone help. What tablets can be used to make phone calls.
Maybe you can find a good link to a list/test of what you are looking for.

And I found something intersting about the NEXUS 7 here: Make Google Voice Phone Calls on Your Nexus 7.
And here: Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 3G Android Development > [DEV] GSM phone calls on Nexus 7 3G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.