Official AT&T GB ***now available ***

Search This thread

dano10

Aug 8, 2011
sometimes battery issues

OK, I finally was able to get the official GB version. Before was getting the unregistered device issue. Anyway things appear pretty stable and generally battery life seems to be fair amount better. However at times, the phone seems to be waking up on the swipe screen and it stays on until you manually press the sleep button and when it does this it can use battery like crazy because it's lit up.

Thought at first it might be wifi scanning when away from the house. I'm thinking it's the display, couple of times I've caught it on when it shouldn't be on and looking at battery stats shows display usage big time.

I though it could be receiving an email or text turning it on but some tests didn't verify that so not sure what exactly is waking it up and why doesn't it turn back off after my normal time limit?

Any ideas or anyone else having this issue.
thanks

shooter5635

Nov 11, 2011
Carbondale, IL
Long story short...I need to put official GB on my Infuse.

It connectes to Kies, downloads the files, and then i get a page that simply says sgh-i997 could no be upgraded. And it tells me to try again.

Any ideas? I upgraded before and no problems. Will root mess with kies update?

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Long story short...I need to put official GB on my Infuse.

It connectes to Kies, downloads the files, and then i get a page that simply says sgh-i997 could no be upgraded. And it tells me to try again.

Any ideas? I upgraded before and no problems. Will root mess with kies update?

U will lose root when you updated...if you are looking for just stock check out the development section...they is stock with root and its the latest build also...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

GAPY427

Jul 13, 2008
New York
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My goodness, this is hilarious. (in a painful way)
We already have stock uckl2 leak.
Zeus, Numas, Victory, Bionix are based off uckl2.
Lol..There you have it folks...those who have wait for the official release can now enjoy the goodness of gb.

btw, I think soc doesn't work on uckl2. :)

I have the ZEUS ROM on my Infuse. Does this mean I have the GB bootloaders in the phone?

cjt20one

Feb 5, 2011
I finally upgraded to GB last night and realized this morning that my 3G no longer works. Any fixes for this?

Everything works fine on wifi and I don't have Juice Defender or any power saving apps.

jpapa1086

Aug 14, 2011
I wonder if the "screen lock bug" can be considered as a "Security breach/issue"... anyone have any thoughts on this? I will email them today and see what kind of response I get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

enguroo

Apr 30, 2012
lock while updating

hi guyz i m using infuse unlocked in india with 2.2 froyo now i want to upgrade to official gingerbread from at&t .....jus wanted to know that will it get locked again to at&t after updating.

hieroh

May 2, 2012
No luck here Kies mini gives me an error

Load resource file fail!!!\nC:\Program Files
(x86)\Samsung\KiesMini\Lang\\AMiniLang_0199.dll

worked fine before even deleted it and reinstalled ugggg :mad::mad:

I am just now trying to install the update as well.

I've installed and uninstalled SEVERAL times and have redownloaded it twice, and I'm getting this same damn message every time.

Now the very first time I ever tried it, I did get it to open up, but when my device connected it didn't do anything. So I exited and tried again, and that's when it all started happening.

There is literally NO ANSWER regarding this problem online. Someone asked Samsung, and all they said was "Please read our page on how to install it" and linked to the install page. This is such BS.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Would like to actually officially up to GB.

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
I am just now trying to install the update as well.

I've installed and uninstalled SEVERAL times and have redownloaded it twice, and I'm getting this same damn message every time.

Now the very first time I ever tried it, I did get it to open up, but when my device connected it didn't do anything. So I exited and tried again, and that's when it all started happening.

There is literally NO ANSWER regarding this problem online. Someone asked Samsung, and all they said was "Please read our page on how to install it" and linked to the install page. This is such BS.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Would like to actually officially up to GB.
Use heimdale one click package. Literally no difference, trust me its the same exact rom, and you will probably rather be on froyo if you want a stock rom lol. If you go custom its way better in my opinion

cacattack21

May 27, 2011
Just updated my Dad's infuse to the GB release and not impressed at all, I think I'll stick with custom ROM's

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
If your rooted kies will not recognize your device properly..you must unroot with super one click but beware when you upgrade super one click will not root the new firmware you will have to flash a rooted gb kernel to regain root

sent on the back of my pink unicorn AOKP

+hE scuD

Dec 4, 2013
CA
For Kies to confirm that ur current Firmware has a higher version,the upgrade should work out successfully. Make sure u installed latest Samsung USB drivers and the Kies Software for ur Smartphone/Computer operating system. There are two types of Kies: 1 is meant for Smartphones running below (ICS) The other is for those running 4.1 (JB) Samsung advanced phone that's upgradeable to 4.2/4.3

From +hE scuD

voodoo452

Aug 8, 2013
Exchange / ActiveSync issue

Was the issue of connectivity/security activation via ActiveSync ever resolved in the ATT GB Stock firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: Link is back up

www.samsung.com/us/infuseupgrade/gb1

A new software update is scheduled to be available to customers for the Samsung Infuse 4G (i997). This new update will upgrade the operating system from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).

Benefits

· Improved Copy and Paste functionality

· Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard

· Download manager for long running HTTP downloads

· Improved power management and application control

· Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)

· New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary

· Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top

· New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.

· New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets

· Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added

· Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed

o The update will remove the promotional Angry Birds pre-load from the device.

o A user that would have started playing the game would be able to download the generic version from the Market but would need to restart from the beginning.

Support Procedures

Devices can be updated with the new software only through tethered side loading. Tethering should be performed on a desktop/laptop computer running on Microsoft (Windows 7, Vista, or XP). The software download is not available using an Apple computer or over-the-air.

Instruct customers to use a home/office PC to visit www.samsung.com/us/infuseupgrade/gb1 to download the software required to complete this update.
    To verify the device software version and to determine if installation of the update is required, go to;
    Home>Menu>Settings>About Phone and verify the current Baseband Version.
    If the Software Number is I997UCKL2 and the Android Version is 2.3.6 then the device is up to date.
    If the device shows any other Software Number, then installation of the 305 MB update is recommended.
    Been there for about a week - that's how I did the video fix.

(The code was actually in the kernel but commented out - but it was buried in so many #ifdefs that I didn't see it until a diff made it obvious. :) )

I'm going to try and integrate critical fixes (video and MHL) into the existing codebase, rather than do a full update - I can't blind-dev more significant changes, and in case it's UCKL2, I don't want the touchscreen drivers anyway! (the Rogers touchscreen driver worked just fine...)

I thought SD card issues were fixed by LB's vold fix already? Or are there other issues now? Same for wifi - I thought the initramfs perms change fixed wifi without causing backwards compatibility issues.

(Someone did offer me a unit with a cracked screen - I may take them up on that, gotta talk to them this weekend.)
    If anyone's interested, I decrypted the file that Kies Mini downloads and I have a homebinary.tar.md5 for the official gb. I just flashed it with Odin so I know it works. It may be the same as the leak but it's the official one so it's different. Right? LOL.

I can upload it somewhere if someone needs it. Maybe we can get someone who has deodexed and rooted the leaks to do it to this one. PM me. I'm leaving work now but I will respond when I get home. :)
    I will update Zeus to official once I see what's changed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    The other option is to wait till whatever custom ROM you're on is updated, nandroid backup your phone and then restore your data and if angry birds was part of that backup, presto! You have angry birds. Personally I would take a major update than a free game that can easily be downloaded from the market... :p

sent from my CommandCenter using xda premium

I think you guys are taking this out of context...Optimus started that angry bird crap as a sarcasm.

..well..at least I thought it was sarcasm...:D

If it wasn't, Optimus has some explaining to do.

edit: weird that tazbo has a date of 11/10/13