WWE Network

Search This thread

mejdam

May 12, 2008
I saw that WWE Network App came out for the Amazon Fire TV, has anyone attempted to sideload that apk to the ouya?

Looks like its tied to the amazon app store app, it wont launch unless you have the amazon app store installed.

UPDATED Got it to work outside of the fire tv:
Modified the apk to work on other android devices. i belive it only works on 4.2 and above (Sorry Ouya stock people)

*Updated with 1.0.1 Version*
Download Here

Hope this isnt against any forum rules. the application is free and wont work unless the person pays for WWE Network Subscription. Which i DO :)

Last edited:
Reactions: o-I-c and penskyc

penskyc

Oct 11, 2011
SoFla
I saw that WWE Network App came out for the Amazon Fire TV, has anyone attempted to sideload that apk to the ouya?

Looks like its tied to the amazon app store app, it wont launch unless you have the amazon app store installed.

anyone? I have an android 4.4.2 box and this is basically the only app i care about that i cannot get to work, assuming the fire tv one would work flawlessly!

mejdam

May 12, 2008
anyone? I have an android 4.4.2 box and this is basically the only app i care about that i cannot get to work, assuming the fire tv one would work flawlessly!

i modified the apk to play on other boxes but it needs android 4.2. so i cant test on the ouya (4.1) Will you be willing to test the apk for me? Link on the first post.

Last edited:

penskyc

Oct 11, 2011
SoFla
i modified the apk to play on other boxes but it needs android 4.2. so i cant test on the ouya (4.1) Will you be willing to test the apk for me? Link on the first post.

I actually have another post up on the amazon fire tv forums asking for an extraction and someone was kind enough to provide the apk for me, since i 'bought' the app on the web app store despite not hacing a device able to run it and also having the amazon app store on the device, i was able to run it. i did have lots of issues and while video technically works, i was not able to pause fast forward etc only go back here is the post:

So i was able to purchase/own the wwe network app from the online amazon store despite me not technically having a device it would run on, this box can also install the amazon app store no problem, though it obviously only sees the android wwe network app and not this one.. GOOD NEWS is that the app is working on my account! its def a bit wonky but i am hoping it is some stuff i can fix with some DPI xposed changes or something of the like, thanks so much very appreciated, and def works!!

So what exactly did u modify in the file? if it is to just get it to run, i have that already, if it is dpi changes or anything like that.. than it may be worht checking out!

mejdam

May 12, 2008
I actually have another post up on the amazon fire tv forums asking for an extraction and someone was kind enough to provide the apk for me, since i 'bought' the app on the web app store despite not hacing a device able to run it and also having the amazon app store on the device, i was able to run it. i did have lots of issues and while video technically works, i was not able to pause fast forward etc only go back here is the post:

So what exactly did u modify in the file? if it is to just get it to run, i have that already, if it is dpi changes or anything like that.. than it may be worht checking out!

this apk is modified so amazon app store isnt required. i havent tested is another box but it worked on my Samsung s5.

penskyc

Oct 11, 2011
SoFla
You were able to view other tabs besides home? Even on my HTC one m8 the homepage looks fine but the images dont load on the other tabs. Such as shows and schedule

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

o-I-c

Sep 6, 2013
Around Town
this apk is modified so amazon app store isnt required. i havent tested is another box but it worked on my Samsung s5.

Howdy from the FireTv Thread
Did you have a chance to test it on a Fire TV
After Root app still not playing
Will show whats on stills what I can watch, all menus ok
Plays the warning
Plays the PG 14 warning a bit jerky with sound
then error playing this video. :(

Cheers

penskyc

Oct 11, 2011
SoFla
Howdy from the FireTv Thread
Did you have a chance to test it on a Fire TV
After Root app still not playing
Will show whats on stills what I can watch, all menus ok
Plays the warning
Plays the PG 14 warning a bit jerky with sound
then error playing this video. :(

Cheers

I started to have this issue on my Tronsmart android tv box shortly before summerslam it stopped working and is still not, maybe there was an update to the app and i twas not updated here?

o-I-c

Sep 6, 2013
Around Town
Today I looked at my Fire TV and look at that...
I can now Dload WWE app from AFTV store and use it.:good:
Have done nothing to my boxes.
Cheers

jpetrone

Jan 18, 2009

I know this post is from 100 years ago, I'm trying to remove the amazon dependency from the APK but I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the "check". Can you tell me what you changed in the APK so it will run without the Amazon app store being installed?

Edit: NVM, I got it.

Last edited:

bumb0b

Dec 6, 2015
I know this post is from 100 years ago, I'm trying to remove the amazon dependency from the APK but I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the "check". Can you tell me what you changed in the APK so it will run without the Amazon app store being installed?

Edit: NVM, I got it.

Any chance you could post your edited version? I have been trying to find this for so long.

jpetrone

Jan 18, 2009
Any chance you could post your edited version? I have been trying to find this for so long.

It would login and then never actually play the video. I ended up exporting the apk from my fire stick and side loading it to my android box. I also had to install the Amazon underground app in order for the apk to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATED Got it to work outside of the fire tv:
    Modified the apk to work on other android devices. i belive it only works on 4.2 and above (Sorry Ouya stock people)

*Updated with 1.0.1 Version*
    Download Here

Hope this isnt against any forum rules. the application is free and wont work unless the person pays for WWE Network Subscription. Which i DO :)