[ROM] Ultimate G2x - v1.0 30/5/2011

Search This thread

asko1981

Jun 20, 2007
Philadelphia
its internal as primary.
Does anyone have the regular market non-themed? i had one but it doesn't work :(

so far so good, everything is running perfectly no FC's and the lockscreen doesnt bother me. i changed the clock to the white clock from Omarsalmin, thanks and its fast also. love it!

Here you go.

Attachments

• Vending.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

dohcdelsol

Apr 14, 2010
Every time i try to use spb shell, or even after a couple reboots.. all hell breaks loose and it starts in a fc loop. I love this rom, but i cant handle the fc's. It makes it unstable. Please fix. I looove it, besides this issue. I have tried wiping everything, and re-flashing, but nothing works.

Edit: fc= android.process.acore and com.android.phone and android.process.media

As soon as i press one, the other instantly pops back up, so on and so on.

Last edited:

gohawks1

Oct 28, 2010
The only issue I've noticed since the problems I had with the first flash, is that my GPS is not working. A problem I've had with most ROMs. Going to play with that a bit now to see if I can get that working with some of the 'fixes' out there.

So I went into the GPS test menu and changed the SLP Server to the Spirent server and now my GPS is locking. I've seen results like this in the past then all kinds of problems later so we'll see if it sticks.

Oh, one other thing, I noticed that the Email app is still forcing the stock T-Mobile signature. I know that is a bug in the stock ROM but it's something that was fixed in the Eaglesblood and Dark&Light Sinister Froyo ROMs. Very minor but it would be great if that was fixed.

Can't wait to see what future versions have to offer, I really love how this ROM looks, very slick.

gohawks1

Oct 28, 2010
It will happen randomly, even when im not using spb. It happens after a reboot. And im forced to reflash.

Is your issue that after a reboot that all your apps start spewing force close messages and you can't do anything with the phone?

If so I had that problem as well after my first flash. I posted it a bit earlier in the thread but after flashing and spending a couple of hours getting all my accounts set back up and all my apps restored I rebooted. The reboot took a while and when it came up I got the welcome screen as though it was a fresh flash. I tried to skip past it to see what we going on but then the force closes started and wouldn't stop.

I finally wiped the phone and re-flashed. After that I added all my accounts back in and rebooted to make sure everything was fine, and it was. I then tried to just restore my data partition (backed up after the problems started happening but before I wiped) and that didn't help. The force closes came right back, so it looks like the issue was something corrupted in the data partition.

I then restored back to another backup made after my 2nd flash but before the /data restore, and then restored all my apps with titanium and got everything back to the way I wanted. After that I've rebooted a few times now and so far so good.

It seems that something in the reboot process must have corrupted part of the /data partition, but I'm not a dev so I couldn't even begin to guess what it was.

I have had similar problems with most ROMs I've tried on here. I've had the stock ROM randomly nuke my Bluetooth pairing after a reboot, as well as disable some of the touch buttons (the only way to fix was to do a factory reset). I've also had certain apps force close all the time until I uninstall and re-install.

Back on Eaglesblood I had 3 different apps that I could restore and use but after a reboot they'd disappear. The only way I could get them to work after a reboot was to uninstall from Manage Application, then install from the Market and not restore the data from Titanium. However the same Titanium restore of the same apps did not case a problem with the Sinister ROMs or this one. Lots of really strange things going on with this phone, I can't wait for an official 2.3 update and hopefully an end to a lot of these bugs (wishful thinking I know).

I love this phone and I love the ROM work going on but man my Vibrant was much more stable with the Bionix series of ROMs. I just keep telling myself to give it time.

webstar1

Aug 1, 2010
I will have to add in the first post that complete wipe is must if ur moving from another rom
This rom is special :p

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

dohcdelsol

Apr 14, 2010
Dev.. could you please look in to this? I really want to run it, but its to unstable for me.. Its an amazing rom.

danz8509

Oct 30, 2009
Woodbridge
what you mean?

are you saying you flash a nandroid then dont wipe then install ultimate g2x or restore nandroid wipe then ultimate g2x? im confused ive tried ever method on here to get bt to work and nothing does! ive wiped multiple times reinstalled like 2 or 3 times and i always get a fc in settings when i try to activate my bt

Bluetooth is working fine for me, but I nandroid back to stock before flashing

traviosa74

May 6, 2010
I did a factory data reset, wiped cache, data, then system, then flashed the ultimate...market wont download or install any app although I can search....flashed an older Nandroid and everything is fine now. Thought it might be the firmware because there is no internet connection b4 I put UR on my device. Other than that I think its a great ROM....what am i doing wrong?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

crx4xharder

Nov 8, 2009
I'm to the point where I wipe everything and then format everything EXCEPT THE SDCARD before every flash. Seems to make things go a little smoother...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Announcements:

30/05/2011 - Initial Release

ScreenShots:
    20110530193407.png
    20110530193442.png
    20110530193415.png
    20110530193452.png
    20110530195825.png
    20110530195813.png
    20110530195933.png

Latest version:
    1.0 - Download Here - Changelog Here

Installation instructions (Simple):
    Copy to external sd
    Shut down
    Launch Clockwork
    Wipe Data
    Flash
    Reboot

Installation instructions (Newbie):
    Use NVFlash to flash clockwork. Instructions are here:
    NVFlash for Linux
    NVFlash for Windows
    NVFlash for MAC.
    Once you have successfully flashed Clockwork Recovery (check by doing the key combination) boot the phone and copy the rom onto your EXTERNAL sd card.
    Once thats done go back to clockwork and just in case FIRST backup
    then wipe data and flash the rom.

Donate:
    To continue the development of the ROM, a small donation would be nice and would allow me to work on the ROM.
    I would like to donate to continue the development of the rom

Older version:
    None

Bluetooth Fix (unthemes settings):
    http://db.tt/kGrIX61

Credits:
    Birgertime for base of addon app.
    ravikiran7785 for hosting.
    Google for Android.
    LG for making the phone.
    CyanogenMod for modded nexus lwp.
    Beansoft for LCD density changer
    doniqcc for init.d scripts
    Ultimate G2x 1.0 Changelog:
    Xperia Arc Themed
    Rooted
    Zipaligned
    Init.d Scripts
    Organised App Widget Picker Like CM7
    DSP Manager
    Bloat Removed
    Black Themed Market
    Slider of lockscreen moved down
    Ultimate Addons - Allows you to install/remove bloat
    Spare Parts
    Gingerbread keyboard
    Modded nexus live wallpaper
    Built in resolution changer
    Just a start - loads to improve on
    reserved 2
    hmm this is odd. Everyone else seems to be having no troubles with getting this rom loaded. Im not new to this and i know im not making any mistakes which is why im so confused at the moment. The attempt to download from the phones browser and then flash failed. and the download from the pc then transfer to phone failed as well. It continues to freeze at the lg screen. Anyone have any ideas that could possibly help me out?

Just wipe data and flash. If that doesn't work, then wipe data again and in mounts and storage wipe system then flash.
    Also give it time to load for the first time