MK1 and root

Search This thread

stamina11

Nov 12, 2013
Hey guys,
I was wondering if someone could help me a little. I just bought this tablet (2014 version) and it has MK1.
I am trying to read information on how to root it but can't figure it out. I tried to flash autoroot with odin but it errored. I didn't find mk1 autoroot anywhere so i used autorootp600.mj4.tar.md5. Is there autoroot for MK1 and i can use? Also i guess i will need to have custom recovery file for my stock OS, where do i get that?
Thank you in advance for all the help.

Edit: I finally located autoroot for mk1 and it worked. But i do have a question: why do we need to flash it with Stock Recovery after? btw i am using this tutorial : http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/17/root-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition/

Last edited:

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
What version do you have?

P600 (wifi only)
P601 (3g)
P605 (lte)
?

They have different chipsets and different root methods.

[e] I see you have found the correct version :) if you want to get OTA updates you need to flash stock recovery so your device status is not custom. But it basically doesn't matter since you can always flash updates through odin. You may choose a custom recovery that offers you a lot of cool features instead.

Last edited:

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Hey guys,
I was wondering if someone could help me a little. I just bought this tablet (2014 version) and it has MK1.
I am trying to read information on how to root it but can't figure it out. I tried to flash autoroot with odin but it errored. I didn't find mk1 autoroot anywhere so i used autorootp600.mj4.tar.md5. Is there autoroot for MK1 and i can use? Also i guess i will need to have custom recovery file for my stock OS, where do i get that?
Thank you in advance for all the help.

Edit: I finally located autoroot for mk1 and it worked. But i do have a question: why do we need to flash it with Stock Recovery after? btw i am using this tutorial : http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/17/root-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition/

I believe...... so you can still get OTA updates and some functions like All Share Cast may not work if you don't.

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
The thing is, even if you have stock recovery but modify your system in other ways like uninstall alot of bloatware or use busybox your status will be custom anyway :) so I recommend a custom recovery for the safety of using backups etc.

stamina11

Nov 12, 2013
Thank you guys for responding so quickly.
It's starting to make sense.
My device is Wifi only so SM-P600 (mk1). I rooted it but haven't flashed with stock recovery. Would you guys recommend i do a custom recovery or keep it stock? Where do i get stock recovery from? i can't seem to find it.

stamina11

Nov 12, 2013
The thing is, even if you have stock recovery but modify your system in other ways like uninstall alot of bloatware or use busybox your status will be custom anyway :) so I recommend a custom recovery for the safety of using backups etc.

Yea i definitely plan on de-bloating it. So where do you get custom recovery?

stamina11

Nov 12, 2013
So as far as Roms go, i see that in Development section there are few ROMs available but some say they are for MJ9 or ML1, i cannot use those on my MK1 right? Do ROMs from note 10.1 (2013) work on this device? Is there a list of ROMs that would work on my device.
Sorry, guys i know these are newb questions but i just could never figure out some of this stuff.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I got the same question here. Any help?

Goomanager is an app use it to flash twrp recovery.
TWRP and clockmod (CWM) they are 2 different tools but have the exact same functions, just a user choice. Sometimes custom rom preferred one over the other. I like TWRP a bit better (easier).