Skinomi screen protector doesn't fit?

Search This thread

badluckkyle

Jul 24, 2011
Central, FL
Alright, So I bought the Skinomi screen protector from amazon. The first one I got I applied and it doesn't reach end to end. So I emailed the company from amazon that I bought it from and informed them that it didn't fit and sent them pictures. They sent out another one, which I got today, and it's the same exact size as the last one.

Anyone else have a skinomi screen protector, does it fit your screen? The pictue below shows the screen protector not reaching to the bottom.

Untitled-1.jpg

kn1ghts

Dec 10, 2010
My Clarivue screen protector was cut the similar to your Skinomi. Maybe a tad longer but still 1mm short of the screen. I have a TPU hybrid case on and it covered the bottom so I can't see that is short.

badluckkyle

Jul 24, 2011
Central, FL
I just got this email fro them:

"Hello,

We allow about an 1/8" room on all screen protectors and skin. We do this because if it was exact then alot of people can not install it without messing up. I am sorry if this does not work for you, please contact customer service if you have anymore questions. Have a great day!

Thank You"

Yet, it doesn't say that on the order screen.

Is there a screen protector that fits the whole screen?

Wow, that is surprising about Zagg! While Zagg may not have the best feel to them, they usually fit perfect and are freaking unscratchable!!
The Otterbox screen protectors that can't with my Impact case and my Commuter case fit perfect! Well, I've actually only installed one, the one from the Impact, but they are identical.... The Otterbox also feels and looks like there is nothing on the screen at all. I am very impressed and pleased with the screen protector!! Another bonus is that it doesn't stick to the built in screen protector on the Defender like the Zagg did to the Ballistic HC case with my Evo 4G( no stupid baby powder trick needed, which barely even worked to begin with anyway.....)

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

nhutpham

Jul 1, 2010
I got the screen protector from FLsuperstore on ebay by recommendation of others on this forum, and I have to say, it really is a great screen protector. Cut is perfect, clarity is perfect, and I've been using it for two weeks with no scratches (went to the beach twice). I can't recommend it enough, my last screen protector on my Evo4G was the Steinheil Crystal Clear, and I feel like this screen protector works just as well. My Steinheil maybe felt a little thicker/harder, but still had scratches after I used it. This one I don't have any scratches yet, it still feels great. For $1.50 though, you can't go wrong. I was impressed enough to order their anti-glare to see how that fares.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250840341278

http://www.flsuperstore.com/servlet/the-21/HTC-EVO-3D-Clear/Detail

Night·Fire

Jul 30, 2010
Fort Worth
I've never had a screen protector on any item that was 100% coverage. They have all been at least .5 mm short in each direction. I can't see where anyone could install a screen protector properly if it was 100% accurate without mechanical assistance.

I've had Zagg, Skinomi, Clarivue, Skinz, Skin It and several others over the years.

jdmmike

Feb 9, 2010
Arizona
I love my zagg, but it's cut even smaller than yours. According to the box it’s supposed to be "case friendly" :rolleyes:

liquidrezin

Mar 20, 2008
My skinomi fits perfectly... there's a VERY small gap but you want that... if the protector was cut to the exact size, it'd peel off on the edges. The gap on yours does seem a bit much though.