[PORT] Ubuntu 11.10 Native (Alpha 0.0.4)

Search This thread

Kotts

Mar 5, 2013
No Doctor Required.

Same here.

Quick clarification, no need to run webos doctor? would rather keep my android/webos/twrp installs (though im sure this has been asked a million times, a simple yes or no should suffice).

Nope, unless you manage to bork things totally and have to go back to square one.

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010
eclipse

is someone able to istalle eclipse (java ide) on 13.04 or 12.10 ? i didnt try 12.10 cause mediafire download wont work can someone mirror 12.10 image ? tank u

**sorry 4 bad english

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
is someone able to istalle eclipse (java ide) on 13.04 or 12.10 ? i didnt try 12.10 cause mediafire download wont work can someone mirror 12.10 image ? tank u

**sorry 4 bad english

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4WUjKii92l2eDduajFwUGhVYlU/preview?pli=1

Ubuntu 12.10 single archive, don't need to cat part 1 and part 2 its already together.

And for eclipse their may not be compiled for armhf.

But I'm running 12.10 on my HPTP so I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

On Ubuntu 12.10 I opened the terminal and typed "sudo apt-get install eclipse" without quotes and it asked me to download eclipse and all the drivers so it works.

Reactions: imapjonny

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
After install I started the app via terminal, takes about 1-2 minutes to get passed the splash screen.

I didn't mess around with it but it should work. All the libs required installed.

Also the file is about 304mb in space.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364580615814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364580615814.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 173

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010
AW: [PORT] Ubuntu 11.10 Native (Alpha 0.0.4)

Thank you.
I know its a dump question. But how to right klick on 12.10. On 13.04 IT worked with a 2-Finger-tab But on 12.10 it wont work 4 me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
On 13.04 it's an option provided by the program "touchegg". You should be able to install touchegg on 12.10 as well, with:

sudo apt-get install touchegg

If that doesn't work you'll have to build it from source. There's a program called Touchegg-gce which is a GUI for configuring touchegg with all the gestures you want to be able to use. I've just compiled it for 13.04 and it works wonderfully, being able to click/drag/rightclick/scroll with simple gestures.

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010
i compiled the touchegg-gce successfully and installed touchegg via apt-get but if i want to start it i get Segmentation fault. i googled it but didnt find a solution. so can someone who has it running guid me ? is there an alternative software with ican try?

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
Not sure why that is, might be something to do with 12.10? I compiled Touchegg-gce just fine on 13.04 and it works perfectly with the touchegg installation that came pre-installed. Might be missing a library that it depends on as well, though if you got it from apt-get it should've resolved dependencies.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
I couldn't get touch egg to work on 12.10, but you can right click using on board with the mouse facing the right, or if you can highlight the option use menu.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Anyone have luck with spotify on armhf or armel, I edited the dpkg to multi arch.

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010

I finally got touchegg working on 12.10. But now Ubuntu wont Boot :D It wont go further this screen uploadfromtaptalk1364649548162.jpg
Can i fix IT or do I habe to reinstall everything?
Is there a way to access the home dir via android or webos to save my Files?

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
Weird. You can mount Ubuntu's FS in WebOS:

mkdir /tmp/linux
mount /dev/store/ubuntu-root /tmp/linux
cd /tmp/linux

Then you're in your Ubuntu FS and you can backup your home directory or try to fix the boot. If you messed with /etc/fstab that might have done it (crashed mine on 13.04 by doing that) otherwise I don't know, it doesn't look like it has mounted the filesystem otherwise the font changes.

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010

I found out that touchegg caused the troubble. I reinstalled Ubuntu and every time i start touchegg it runs about 10 touch events and the Crashs everything. I had to hold down Power and menu to hard-restart. So i trink touchegg wont realy work with arm-Ubuntu 12.10. Is there an alternative?

Reactions: blmvxer

imapjonny

Nov 17, 2010

I got a new Bluetooth Keyboard and tried to connect it. But After paring and typing the pass-key WITH the Bluetooth Keyboard, Ubuntu dont recognice the inputs. Any sugestions?

Edit : my Bluetooth mouse is working well

Last edited:

shard76

Jun 3, 2010
awesomness

works extremely well and everything is working for me:good:
thanx for putting this out, been wanting a good version of linux on my tab for a while

alwright1980

Jun 26, 2013
Knoxville
whats up with Bluetooth

I have successfully installed ubuntu to my tablet "3 boot" and I installes the Bluetooth divers. but when i boot into ubuntu and add my keyboard and my mouse it recognises and adds them but they don't function. I washoping that it would function more like a pc now that i have ubuntu on out but i have had trouble herein described. Any help ous welcomed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING, DRAGONS AHEAD!
    IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW, BY INSTALLING THIS, YOUR WARRANTY IS PROBABLY VOID! I won't be responsible if your TP bricks, needs doctoring, catches fire, skins adorable puppies and kittens, BBQs your "crown jewels", eats your children, starts WW3, explodes or commits seppuku!

Special thanks go to:
    • jcsullins - The guy who made all of this possible by creating moboot, and he created kernel patches that fix the weird-ass framebuffer glitches, and he made the userspace touchscreen driver. This guy is a f**king GENIUS!
    • jeanfrancis - pointed me towards better-initramfs, as well as showing me some code on pointing that initramfs to an LV.
    • crimsonredmk - showed me the Arch Linux documentation for the TP, and wrote the original instructions for getting Arch Linux on the TP, which I have taken and adapted.
    • The CyanogenMod Team - For creating CM7, and getting it working on the TouchPad.
    • perpe - made a working rootfs to get it booting while I was busy :)

Installation instructions: http://code.google.com/p/hp-touchpad-ubuntu/wiki/Installation

Apply to join the dev team! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGJYWDJJbUNKT0ZlanZSVVB4aElTZHc6MQ

CHANGELOG:
    Alpha 0.0.4:
    Code:
    - Kernel panic on boot issue should now be fixed
    - Location of sys files changed
    Alpha 0.0.3:
    Code:
    - Added userspace touchscreen driver
    - Hopefully fixed kernel panic on boot
    Alpha 0.0.2:
    Code:
    - Patched framebuffers to prevent color and mouse cursor glitches
    - Released kernel sources
    Alpha 0.0.1:
    Code:
    - Initial Release
    12.10 version 2 [NOW MORE USER-FRIENDLY!]

New version of Ubuntu 12.10
    Hello everyone. It's been a while since I released 12.10 (beta 1 at the time) for TP. It was quite large and somewhat buggy, with a few regressions from

I am proud to present you with a completely reworked, fully up-to-date new version of Ubuntu 12.10.

What works:
    - USB OTG
    - Touchscreen + Service (ts_srv_0, ts_srv_90)
    - GNOME 3 - fallback only
    - Sound (only through the speaker for now)
    - Wi-Fi (NetworkManager)
    - Bluetooth (tested, HID k/b visible from gnome3)

Useful features (now mostly in the right places):
    - Multi-Threaded Memory Compression (zram) and Swap (already present on all TouchPads)
    - Proper fstab mounts: sdcard, read-only boot and read-only webOS root
    - udev kernel patch, fixes the "failed to recieve ctrl connection: Function not implemented" error.
    - Many more kernel modules, examples: CIFS/SMB, NFS v3/v4, LED triggers, and more.
    - Tiny kernel and initramfs, both compresssed with LZMA instead of gzip (3.3MB down from 5.4MB)
    - Zenity powered GUI enabled brightness changer (Applications->System Tools->Set Brightness)
    - Zenity powered GUI enabled screen rotator (Applications->System Tools->Touchscreen Rotation)
    - PulseAudio bypassed and replaced with ALSA dmix/dsnoop for gstreamer (fixes crashing Rhythmbox/Totem)
    - Spiffy console font, t.fnt.gz (set at boot)
    - All legacy init scripts that are Touchpad related have been ported to Upstart.
    - No sudo password prompt. This is needed for the zenity scripts to function properly!
    - Command line battery information script: /usr/bin/battery
    - Brightness changer (setbrightness) will still work from cmdline, just use the brightness # as an argument
    - Freedreno (still no ExA)
    - Symbolic links from user directory to SDcard save wasted space for music, pictures, downloads and videos/movies
    - Far smaller than before (516 MB down from 836MB)

logins
    login: ubuntu
    password: ubuntu

login: root
    password: root

download links (You'll need all four!)
    Kernel [3.3 MiB]: http://www.mediafire.com/?4y2adpjdvrhl2lh
    Part 1 [200 MiB]: http://www.mediafire.com/?190elok4akdw482
    Part 2 [200 MiB]: http://www.mediafire.com/?hhiyp0w8jef5p5w
    Part 3: [104.62 MiB]: http://www.mediafire.com/?4u49m34xmftlx9h

install instructions
    (You'll need at least MoBoot to be installed already.)
    1. If you don't already have Ubuntu on your TP, run the "4GBPartition.sh" but not the other scripts. Either way, BACK UP.
    2. Install my new, modified kernel in /boot. (The modules and Freedreno driver are already included in the tgz.)
    3. Download the TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.1, 2 and 3 files from MediaFire to the root of the SD card/internal storage of the TP.
    4. Run the following commands in novaterm:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    cd /media/internal
    cp uImage.Ubuntu /boot
    cat TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz.* > TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz
    mkdir -p ubuntu-root
    mkfs.ext3 /dev/store/ubuntu-root
    mount /dev/store/ubuntu-root ubuntu-root
    cd ubuntu-root
    tar -xvpzf ../TouchPadBuntuRootfs1210v2.tar.gz
    cd ..
    umount /dev/store/ubuntu-root
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /boot
    reboot
    5. Select Ubuntu in the moboot menu to boot Ubuntu 12.10 final!!
    After a 3/4-month hiatus (who's counting anyway?), I have returned to XDA :D
    I'm reading through to thread ATM to get up to speed on the excellent work Calc has been doing on the project (thanks for picking up the slack when I disappeared :cool:), but after my exams are finished and the term is over (2-3 wks), I'll be hopping back into development.
    Thread Cleaned of useless arguments and off topic replies. Stay on topic.
    And that statement makes me look forward to this port even more. Ya need to post a donate link, mate. I'll be looking for it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

I'm not accepting donations until I can show working code, which should be in about 1 week.