[ROM][Factory Image][4.2.2] Nakasig -::- Odex, Deodex, Rooted -::- teshxx (02/14/13)

Search This thread

verfahrer

Apr 5, 2009
1) Download the full system image from Google. Untar and unzip.
2) Fastboot flash the bootloader (4.18). Fastboot reboot bootloader. Verify that the version is correct and updated.
3) Fastboot flash the STOCK 4.2.2 RECOVERY. Do not attempt to use CWM or TWRP, otherwise you will have issues.
4) Fastboot flash the 1231_0.17... radio.
5) Reboot into (stock) recovery mode.
6) At this point, the stock recovery should begin to process the radio update and do the actual installation of it. You will see the progress bar moving. When it's done, the tab will automatically reboot into normal mode.
7) Verify that your radio (in system settings) is updated to the latest version.
8) Reflash custom recovery if you want.

YES!!! It's great solution:good: Thanks!

Master Gowa

Nov 8, 2012
Las Vegas
I ran into many issues trying to get the OTA update to work properly with upgrading the bootloader and radio.

Long story short, I had to do it manually and only after the full system images were released.

If you are running into the problem where the bootloader isn't updated or your radio baseband is showing one thing in bootloader and another in the system status, here is a quick fix:

2) Fastboot flash the bootloader (4.18). Fastboot reboot bootloader. Verify that the version is correct and updated.
3) Fastboot flash the STOCK 4.2.2 RECOVERY. Do not attempt to use CWM or TWRP, otherwise you will have issues.
6) At this point, the stock recovery should begin to process the radio update and do the actual installation of it. You will see the progress bar moving. When it's done, the tab will automatically reboot into normal mode.
7) Verify that your radio (in system settings) is updated to the latest version.

After many wasted hours dealing with this issue when the update first came out (OTA), it seems to be related to the bach_update.modem function not being present in custom recoveries. Unlike the system, boot, etc. image files, the radio update is not an actual "image", at least like the others. While it is an ext4 filesystem system, the way it works is more similar to a recovery flashable zip file. It has a set of instructions for recovery to install the radio update. Custom recoveries break at this point, and so far I've only been able to get the stock one to work properly. For some reason, failing on the radio can also break the bootloader update as well, not to mention the build.prop update which is after the radio and might result in an incorrect Android version being identified.

If I think my bootloader updated ok do I really have to start at step 1 again? Or can I find the stock 4.2.2 recovery and start at step 3?

verfahrer

Apr 5, 2009
That does not matter. If you are sure that bootloader is correct (the version number displays in bootloader mode), you can start with the flashing of recovery. But even if you start with step 1, it will not hurt.

Reactions: Master Gowa

joopsg

Dec 3, 2005
Singapore
Finally managed to update my N73G to 4.2.2 thru OTA.

Following the advise of the kind ppl here, I had restored to the stock recovery which is critical to the update process.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

enzoevo

Jan 21, 2011
Somewhat Beautiful Virginia
I ran into many issues trying to get the OTA update to work properly with upgrading the bootloader and radio.

Long story short, I had to do it manually and only after the full system images were released.

If you are running into the problem where the bootloader isn't updated or your radio baseband is showing one thing in bootloader and another in the system status, here is a quick fix:

After many wasted hours dealing with this issue when the update first came out (OTA), it seems to be related to the bach_update.modem function not being present in custom recoveries. Unlike the system, boot, etc. image files, the radio update is not an actual "image", at least like the others. While it is an ext4 filesystem system, the way it works is more similar to a recovery flashable zip file. It has a set of instructions for recovery to install the radio update. Custom recoveries break at this point, and so far I've only been able to get the stock one to work properly. For some reason, failing on the radio can also break the bootloader update as well, not to mention the build.prop update which is after the radio and might result in an incorrect Android version being identified.

Thank you so much for this. Worked like a charm.

Master Gowa

Nov 8, 2012
Las Vegas
Used Wugs Toolkit to restore stock recovery. Then flashed the radio again. This time it shows correctly in rom. :)

I thought it was odd that originally when I flashed the radio that it sent me to TWRP instead of starting SaberMod rom. It makes sense now. Recovery Mode was supposed to finish the process but a custom recovery won't begin the final process.

Calcool77

May 5, 2012
Sorry for newbie question, can someone teach me how to actually flash the bootlaoder and radio through Fastboot?

kEvinErd

Jul 23, 2011

Thank you for the above steps!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175086

However I read from the above thread that there's another step to do - Flashing the undo-perm-recovery zip. Is this step needed?

I'm just trying to learn more and clarify things further before proceeding. Hehe :)

duryard

Jun 15, 2010
Exeter
www.iscasilver.co.uk
-:: Radio and Bootloader ::-

Radio: Link 1 "fastboot flash radio radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_1205.img"

Bootloader: Link 1 "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-tilapia-4.18.img"

Please flash this via fastboot (without the quotes).

Want to go back to stock so going to give this a whirl but is it necessary to flash these 2 on their own as well??

TIA

Reactions: 5had3

DoRiLoN

Jan 17, 2010
Shumen
Im coming from rooted stock 4.2.1. Should I do a full wipe before flashing this one? And also do I need to flash new bootloader and radio, too? 10x

3andala

Mar 24, 2011
@teshxx wish u make 4.3 odex flashable version ASAP
Thanks in advance
Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONLY FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE NEXUS 7 (GSM/HSPA+)

This is a 4.2.2 (JDQ39) Stock Rom made from Factory Image (Nakasig) released by Google on 02/14/13.

Both Deodexed and Odexed versions are available. Both of them are rooted with unsecured boot with init.d support and includes busybox.

Wipe cache/dalvik. Flash via CWM or TWRP. Your data will be preserved.

Deodexed: Link 1

Odexed: Link 1

Please don't forget to hit Thanks and give proper credit when/if you decide to use this as a base.

Cheers!

This is awesome. But how to I know if I should be using Deodexed or Odexed? Please advise.

google is your friend.....

http://droidxblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/what-is-odex-and-deodex-in-android-a-complete-guide/

teshxx,

Any better mirror for the deodexed? 4 hours to download for me right now.

Want to go back to stock so going to give this a whirl but is it necessary to flash these 2 on their own as well??

TIA