[TIPS] Improve Screen Sensitivity Of Your WinMo (.cab) UPDATE 25/4/11

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hi,

I have found tips over the forums on how to improve the screen sensitivity of your WinMo resistive touchscreen

1) When calibrating your screen, tap the cursor hairs as accurately and as lightly as possible. I use a toothpick for this, it has a fine tip. You will notice immediately how much more responsive your screen is!

2) Another method I found was:

a) Install Attached .cab / Reg Tweak
b) Soft Reset
c) Be Amazed at your Screen Sensitivity!

This is a little .cab file / reg tweak created by kevinpwhite (all credits to him)

EDIT: Many people in the thread have said that it has calibrated their screen wrong and they can't navigate it (cab/reg) This has resulted in a hard reset to get the touchscreen back(due to different touchscreen resolutions etc) I will investigate more into this and create a new version, if possible. Please use it at your own risk, and be sure to create a backup of your device.

Originally by Reix2x
Hi, dudes, my HTC WIZARD gets "untouchable" after this installation, but i found the way to solve it! =D

1- Download: CeRegEdit (u can found it on Google, with this u can explore your mobile reg trough your PC)
2- Open it (with your cell phone connected in ActiveSync)
3- Go to Tools, and select "Unlock registry" (your registry will be "Editable")
4- Navigate to:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH] and change this values to your defaults:
"CalibrationData" and "MaxCalError" (you have to found the values for your phone, here in XDA i foud the values for my phone)
5- Softreset

I hope to help someone, and i hope than no one had to make an horrible hardreset

This was created specifically for the TG01, but i think that the WinMo stored values are the same across all devices. It simply changes a reg key to increase the screen pressure to the max.

Please give me feedback if it works for you!

Please hit the THANKS BUTTON if you like this!

Attachments

• Screen_Cal.zip
    385 bytes · Views: 821
  • ScreenCal.cab
    339 bytes · Views: 1,625
Last edited:

insomnia+

Mar 30, 2011
well, this just ****ed over my omnia, and i can't access it from my computer as i dont have a connect cable. any tips on how to bring it back to normal without hard reset?

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
well, this just ****ed over my omnia, and i can't access it from my computer as i dont have a connect cable. any tips on how to bring it back to normal without hard reset?
please read the xda rules... no bad language.

This cannot possibly cause ANY damage. i have tested it on various winmo devices (touch hd etc) if so, explain?

Also describe your problem better. how is that gooing to help me, by just saying it ________ my Omnia!

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
please read the xda rules... no bad language.

This cannot possibly cause ANY damage. i have tested it on various winmo devices (touch hd etc) if so, explain?

Also describe your problem better. how is that gooing to help me, by just saying it ________ my Omnia!
any feedback from anybody? Quite a few downloads butno response to whether it actually works!

reykaivory

Dec 23, 2009
any feedback from anybody? Quite a few downloads butno response to whether it actually works!

i've tested in my O2 LIFE WM6, at the first time i got trouble, i couldnt tap my screen well. when i tapped all screen, it connected to bottom right screen.
i used my navigation button to reach the SETTING-SYSTEM-SCREEN-ALIGN SCREEN.
the align screen works. then i used a srynge to calibrate it (dont try this at home), the final result is........
WORKS GREAT LIKE A CHARM!!
my screen becomes more sensitive! I dont need my stylus anymore, with resco keybord typing is so much fun.
THANK YOU..
:D

Reactions: afn691 and hskeik

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
i've tested in my O2 LIFE WM6, at the first time i got trouble, i couldnt tap my screen well. when i tapped all screen, it connected to bottom right screen.
the align screen works. then i used a srynge to calibrate it (dont try this at home), the final result is........
my screen becomes more sensitive! I dont need my stylus anymore, with resco keybord typing is so much fun.
THANK YOU..
Glad it works mate!

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I've installed on my diamond 2 and I have been the same as the other: to do a reset, I have completely lost the calibration of the screen. Through "My mobile" I could recalibrate it, but do not notice any difference ...

Thanks for trying amyway! It certainly works for me though. It just recalibrates the reg entries for screen sensitivity. It wont male a huge difference! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

coder12

Dec 20, 2009
Just used the Calibration method on my Rhodium400, seems to work, but maybe it's just my head! ;)

segadc

Jan 14, 2007
I always thought that this couldn't really be done. Tried many before and didn't see a difference. Then again I can't help myself so I will try this out too.:p

A

Aiduharan

why didn't you come up with this earlier? i wasted two years using my htc jade with this insensitivity, finally a solution

thank you so much

she7ata

Sep 10, 2010
Okay, I will try it now, but we need to know if there are a way to uninstall it safely in case if anything wrong happen like that one who had the Omnia, also you should type if we have to recalibrate the screen points after installing the tweak on all devices or what.

Thanks in advance.

psychocyst

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Bombay
tried it on my hTC Gene (P3400) running 6.5.5 and i got the same problem mentioned in post #5...dead unresponsive screen with a few taps being wrongly located towards the bottom right of the screen...so had to go into the screen setting via my D-pad and re-align the screen to enable it again

i think problem has something to do with the screen resolution (mine is qvga)

faced similar issues when trying a screen sensitivity improvement hack meant for wvga screens i found somewhere within the forums...

anyways nice job...its great to see some people still trying to make an effort to keep WinMo going!! keep up the good work!!

psychocyst

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Bombay
Okay, I will try it now, but we need to know if there are a way to uninstall it safely in case if anything wrong happen like that one who had the Omnia, also you should type if we have to recalibrate the screen points after installing the tweak on all devices or what.

Thanks in advance.

first try method one of calibrating your screen on your own
if you try method two of installing the cab thenall you have to do is run the cab file and soft-reset your device
if its worked, and we hope it does, then that should be it, you should have a screen which is more responsive

if you get a frozen screen just navigate to settings/system/screen and align your screen again to get it to work using the direction keys if you have them or by any other means
or hard reset to undo the settings

i'm just sharing whatever info i have...do tell me if i've left anything out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have found tips over the forums on how to improve the screen sensitivity of your WinMo resistive touchscreen

1) When calibrating your screen, tap the cursor hairs as accurately and as lightly as possible. I use a toothpick for this, it has a fine tip. You will notice immediately how much more responsive your screen is!

2) Another method I found was:

a) Install Attached .cab / Reg Tweak
    b) Soft Reset
    c) Be Amazed at your Screen Sensitivity!

This is a little .cab file / reg tweak created by kevinpwhite (all credits to him)

EDIT: Many people in the thread have said that it has calibrated their screen wrong and they can't navigate it (cab/reg) This has resulted in a hard reset to get the touchscreen back(due to different touchscreen resolutions etc) I will investigate more into this and create a new version, if possible. Please use it at your own risk, and be sure to create a backup of your device.

Originally by Reix2x
    Hi, dudes, my HTC WIZARD gets "untouchable" after this installation, but i found the way to solve it! =D

1- Download: CeRegEdit (u can found it on Google, with this u can explore your mobile reg trough your PC)
    2- Open it (with your cell phone connected in ActiveSync)
    3- Go to Tools, and select "Unlock registry" (your registry will be "Editable")
    4- Navigate to:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH] and change this values to your defaults:
    "CalibrationData" and "MaxCalError" (you have to found the values for your phone, here in XDA i foud the values for my phone)
    5- Softreset

I hope to help someone, and i hope than no one had to make an horrible hardreset

This was created specifically for the TG01, but i think that the WinMo stored values are the same across all devices. It simply changes a reg key to increase the screen pressure to the max.

Please give me feedback if it works for you!

Please hit the THANKS BUTTON if you like this!

THANK YOU..
    Have you all forgotten this thread works great for diamond :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=469865
    HTC Pure energyrom, confirmed for screwing up the calibration.

But come on you guys... I was able to make it to the recalibration screen with a little effort. It's not that hard.