Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Blue Line on Screen Edges Issue

Search This thread

DanielDCA

Jan 27, 2014
Greetings,

I just purchased my Samsung Galaxy Nexus but I noticed after some months of use, some strange blue lines that appears only on blue, grey or specially light colors as white backgrounds. I am very upset since I bought this good cellphone but noticed the screen issue. People told me that those blue lines where just a software problem but the thing is that I recently upgraded from 4.2 JellyBean to 4.4 KitKat and those annoying lines still appear on specific backgrounds. I forgot to mention that those blue lines appear in full-screen mode where the notification and the digital buttons bar are when they hide while in that mode, for example: when playing games, visualizing text or images, watching videos on Youtube (all of it in full-screen mode). You got the idea, right? Its like when the full-screen mode is on and the functional bars of the Nexus fade, it is supposed to be the same color as the whole background, but not; it appears like a tone of blue instead. This has nothing to do with the camera by the way.

I now think that the issue is related to some problem with the screen and hardware. I don't really want to replace the whole screen with a new one since Nexus screens are very expensive. I can't claim a warranty as well.

So, the questions are:
¿Does anybody have or have had the exact or similar issue as me?
¿Can someone please explain me what's going on and give me a solution?

I will leave few images bellow where the blue line is more visible:

1st Picture: When Youtube is loading the video, the notification and digital-button bar are gonna fade to play the video in full-screen mode.

2nd Picture: While the video is playing in full-screen mode, on the edge of the screen where previously was the notification bar, the blue line appeared, you can see it easily.

3rd picture: While reading any type of text or viewing a picture in full-screen mode where the notification and digital-buttons bar fade, the blue line appears again and its very easy to see it.

4th Image: This case is different, on a background with dark blue and black colors, there is some blue tint effect that is slightly notorious, the picture taken from the camera doesn't show it very well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-26-20-09-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-26-20-09-32.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG-20140126-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20140126-WA0013.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG-20140126-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20140126-WA0015.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG-20140126-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20140126-WA0014.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

DanielDCA

Jan 27, 2014
Same here :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah dude, it really sucks and its kinda annoying when watching videos or reading something. Google should make something about it on future cellphones!

If you fix it or at least reduce the blue shadow a little please notice me, I am very upset about it. :crying:

bpyazel

Apr 8, 2010
Screen burn in. I have it too. There's no fixing it on an AMOLED display without replacing the screen. This is my first and last device I will buy with AMOLED.