Can't start, can't access recovery or download

Search This thread

guitarhero923

Jun 19, 2011
Okay. When I put my battery into my phone, the Samsung screen shows up. Then, it restarts, and I don't even make it to the Samsung screen before it restarts again and does the little vibrate it does when it starts. When I try to access recovery, it shows the default recovery screen for a couple of seconds, and then it goes back to what I said earlier. I don't even make it to the download mode screen AT ALL. And when I plug it into the wall, it shows the battery screen for a couple seconds, but then its just back to constant restarts. I have had my current ROM install for a long time now and I just want to flash the stock kernel to my phone. Is there any hope in me being able to get the stock kernel flashed through Odin seeing as that I can't even get to the download screen?

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
Sounds like a bad power button

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

guitarhero923

Jun 19, 2011
Would another sign of a bad power button be that before this happened, my button was SUPER touchy? Like, I would barely lay a finger on it and it would sense it.

guitarhero923

Jun 19, 2011
I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT. I found a post and some of the signs are: Black screen with intermittent vibrating, unable to enter recovery before phone restarts, unable to enter download mode before restart, phone turns on when battery inserted. Looks like I need to take the phone apart. Thank you for mentioning it could be the power button.

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
I beat the ever living sh*t out of the power button with a screw driver out of anger. Did not help.

usually the button doesnt click-like the feel you get from the volume buttons-if it doesnt click its bad or going bad. on mine i kept squeezing with small pliers until it started clicking-(found on youtube) thats been a year ago, still going

guitarhero923

Jun 19, 2011
usually the button doesnt click-like the feel you get from the volume buttons-if it doesnt click its bad or going bad. on mine i kept squeezing with small pliers until it started clicking-(found on youtube) thats been a year ago, still going

Well. It clicks, but the click isn't as... how do I explain this, as quick and CLICK LIKE? It just feels like there is a bit of resistance and it doesn't do a full intense click lol. If that makes any sense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I beat the ever living sh*t out of the power button with a screw driver out of anger. Did not help.