[TOOL] iAPK Suite v0.9 - Drag & Drop APK Installer

Search This thread

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
Would it be too much to ask for a linux version?

ADB.exe is windows executable. Show me to a linux version of ADB and i will gladly recode this for linux. ;)

Also.. this is NOT coded in VB. I'm not a kiddish programmer... Which is why i would like for people to be completely honest and fulfilling with their suggestions, because I can do it all.

0.3 Will be released with said features which I will provide a direct download for.

I would also appreciate it if noone upload it anywhere else, I don't like google caching my ****. You wont really have the need to once i provide a direct download.

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
iAPK updated to 0.3

Now supports some new features mentioned in the first post. Direct downloads are available.

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
Progress.

I found the most efficient way to pull off default filetypes.

Im learning something new ;) wicked shiz.

0.4 will definitely have default filetypes. (This means you can just double click on a file and it'll install the APK using iAPK and auto-close. Now this is possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, straight to it.

This is iAPK Suite 0.9. The newest incarnation of iAPK. It's functions have been vastly increased, while keeping it's sole purpose still unique.

The new version of iAPK merits it a new name, iAPK Suite. This means it not only installs APKs, it is a full fledged manager. It installs, deletes, backups, and restores APKs from your respective Android devices. Aside from being drag 'n' drop friendly, i've incorporated a tremendous amount of useful features. Hell, it even signs APKs with a simple click.

There are currently two versions. iAPK Suite and iAPK Mini. The Suite version allows full APK management, while the mini just has simple drag and drop as well as the docking panel without any other APK functions which makes the file size practically cut in half.

Mind you, the usage of this application gets a lot easier when you learn all of the shortcuts I implemented to making things a lot quicker. A wiki will be made to explore everything about iAPK and how to use every function i've built into it, even the not so obvious ones ;)

..:: Screenshots ::..

untitled_k26.png
    2_00f.png

3_99L.png
    4_9F8.png

5_pa6.png

..:: Features ::..
    - Sleek Drag n' Drop User Interface
    - Docking Panel
    - File Type associations with .apk files
    - APK Management
    - Signs APKs
    - Drag Multiple APKs for installation
    - Drag Folders containing APKs for installation

..:: Wiki ::..

iAPK Suite 0.9 Wiki *DOWN*

..:: Download ::..

Download iAPK Suite for Windows (LINK UPDATED JUNE 2012)

..:: Issues/Todo ::..

- adb sometimes has an issue with apks installed from folders with spaces in their name. (Working on a fix)
    - small animation glitches tend to appear depending on the environment. (Does not pose any functional problems)
    - a system tray icon needs to be added to allow for easy configuration of certain adb options/switches. (Working on)
    - several adb switches need to be added to allow forced apk installed (-r) and other various tags. (Working on)
    - deleting apks has not been testing thoroughly. (Waiting for feedback)
    - iAPK needs an installer instead of being just compiled into a zip. (Working on)

..:: Changelog ::..

v0.9
    + Added quicker docking panel
    + Added File type associations with .apk files
    + Added APK management through the Android Device Bridge (adb.exe)
    + Added APK manifest dumping using the Android Asset Packaging Tool (aapt.exe)
    + New UI built from scratch
    + New Information panel notifier
    + Added a mini version for smaller file size

v0.3
    + Added Update Checker(Now notifies the user if an update is available)
    + Added Directory APK Installing(Not tested)
    + Now checks to see if adb is in $Path or already specified instead of always making a copy of adb locally(Not tested)
    + Added a configuration panel(Intended for internal use, otherwise no use right now)
    - Taken out some un-needed functions(may work a little faster for some people)

++ Will be available for Mac OSX, Linux in the next release.
    ++ Will incorporate a default filetype & shortcut for windows(allows auto-install on doubleclick)

v0.2
    + Added Multiple APK Installing functionality (Drag and Drop multiple APK's)
    + Cleaned up some more code
    + Operation manager for internal use (Allows for batch calculation and apk management)
    + Added small tool tip for future use
    + Added an operation summary at the end of each..operation.
    - Taken out 99.9% of the popups
    - Taken out clunky option gear graphic

++ Coming soon... Just mention it.

This application works globally for ANY Android Device. Posting it in here is just because i'm in this sub-forum a lot. But this application will work with ANY Android device. It would be nice if this thread was pinned for easy access :D
    Just like my other project, I will be restarting this with a new an improved version.

The reason I began this again is because I am now integrating an android application that would let you install your app without having it plugged in (over lan or the internet, but NOT wifi-adb). The reason for this is because it will allow people to use the android app in combination with iAPK to do mass APK backups and restores a lot more easily. Plus a lot more features.
    Terribly Sorry, I had left these forums to the HTC Vivid area. I thought XDA would've notified me when someone posts in this thread. Well anyway. It's not down.

Get iAPK 0.9 here @ 0m3ga

*EDIT*
    I'll update the first post as well.

This thread will be in a better place for this wonderful app @ Android Software Development