Phone Profiles.... Seriously

Search This thread

wiredup

Sep 10, 2003
Chino Hills, CA
Yes, broken links...

JGUI:

From your main page, half of the links are broken... yes, I can go the fully qualified HTML link, but start from your homepage and try and find the Phone Profiles app.

JS

McLEI

Feb 1, 2003
Czech Republic, Prague
Re: link?

JGUI said:
scheduling profiles? hmmm? I think it would be "too much".
you will forget your settings between just 4 profiles, scheduled and normal changed, very soon! and you will be wonder that your phone works in unexpected way...

Thanks for good job,

but I also think that scheduled profiles will be great feature. I always want to switch sounds off over night and very offen i forgot to do it. You can display some symbol or text indicating that profile was changed automaticly.

Next I want to ask if I can benefit from previously purchased 3.1 version. Is there some discount in upgrading to new version?

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
faisal:
you can free update to the lite version 5.0.
log-in to the service where you bought and download the new setup,
note: you should see the new password on the service product's page

new_to_imate

Jan 6, 2004
Picture IDs for contacts with several numbers...

Love the software, a request though. If I want to have a picture ID for someone who has let's say 3 or 4 different numbers I need to have the same picture in 4 different files with different names (one for each phone number) in the picture/rings folder.
This is not so good to say the least....
Can you come up with a more clever scheme of doing picture ID?? Say somehow bonded to Contacts like the default Caller ID app???

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
upcomings....

the following changes are upcoming, almost now:

- set one of profiles to be automatically activated when you connected the external power (cradle or just wire) {the question is: when then you will disconnect it should back to the previous profile (the last one used just before you was connected) or to the some default profile?}

- set one of profiles to be automatically activated in the specified time of day and day of week (some schedulling as users asked me)

assign only one photo and/or sound to the Contact with more than one phone number? hmmmm? maybe I want to see different photos when some caller's from my Contact call me to recognize what device/line she/he is using now? or maybe not?

please let me know more your opinions

new_to_imate

Jan 6, 2004
I'm not saying the should ONLY have the option to "assign only one photo and/or sound to the Contact with more than one phone number", but rather that it should be one of the options, since making several copies of the same picture/sound file and renaming each according to the appropriate number is a big hassle and not everyone need this much flexibility (especially at the cost of complex setup)

McLEI

Feb 1, 2003
Czech Republic, Prague
Re: upcomings....

JGUI said:
assign only one photo and/or sound to the Contact with more than one phone number? hmmmm? maybe I want to see different photos when some caller's from my Contact call me to recognize what device/line she/he is using now? or maybe not?

I think most useful will be group assignments. As you can see on Nokia phones:
- on managers phones there is ringing tones and pictures assigned for groups
- on lowend (phones for teenagers) there is everything assined to each contact.

I prefer groups(categories) assignments. I want to hear one tone for all my friends, another one for family and another for workmates. Same with pictures.

So let the one contact assigments and please add categories one.

k_kirk

Jul 26, 2003
I join the other forum members in wishing for a scheduled on/off option. Additionally I wish for Pocket Outlook integration. I spend half my work day in and out of meetings. I find myself turning sound on & off at least 5 - 6 times a day. Why??? All my meetings are in Outlook and I mark my time Busy.

If there was a profile that "watched" the Calendar DB and whenever it hit an appointment with a user definable flag (ie Busy) switched to the user selected mode (ie silent or vibrate only etc) and at the end of the appointment period switched back then this would be all the profile management I would need...

Additionally I must say, the software is buggy.... It was buggy with prior versions and is still buggy. With all due respect to JGUI, he does a great job in the creative compartment but perhaps not so well in the QA compartment. The dialog boxes are not very intuitive & standard either which adds to the learning curve. If I was him I would open up his software for a mass beta on this forum, recruit some QA volunteers and keep them well fed with free licenses and fix the code before going any further...

Just my .2 cents. Don't mean bad. Just want to see this promising software mature. Thanks

JGUI

Jun 24, 2003
Poland, Scotland
www.jgui.net
Any way... I'm also working with special popup interface
HAL9000.

http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5353

HAL.jpg

note: there is indicator of GSM signal level and number of received messages (SMS and EMAIL). and you dont need open Inbox to read last message.

HAL5.jpg

Anybody know, what game does Dave Bovman plays there?
This is unused scene in the movie we know.

new_to_imate

Jan 6, 2004
One big issue!!!

It seems that when choosing the "full screen" message (with or without picture) ot the popup+picture for ring, the message doesn't disappear as it should once the call was missed but rather sticks on the screen untill clicked.

McLEI

Feb 1, 2003
Czech Republic, Prague
Bug with switching off

There seems to be a bug in switching off after phone call. Display is repeatedly switching off if signal is going off and on or phone is searching for signal. Specially when I'm going with subway and signal is only in stations, I cant work with PDA because it is switched off very often, 2-3 seconds.

new_to_imate

Jan 6, 2004
Another bug, the "double" option in SMS and Alarm reminders doesn't work...
seems to be quite a few bugs for a software I bought for $30 !!!

faisal

Oct 17, 2003
Lahore
McLei and new_to_imate - You can change the switch off power feature in settings (under the 'others' tab).

JGUI - I upgraded to the Lite version. The ring tone assignment to a particular number is not working for me. I have defined a directory for this and renamed a wav file to match the number calling in.

Any ideas?

bugbear75

Jan 25, 2004
Got the same problems:

- CallerID pops up and blocks the PPS-Screen
- individual pics and rings for callers don't work

MDA2

Perhaps a bug? I placed the rings and pics in a folder on the device, named them as (i.e.) +49172334455.jpg and +49172334455.wav (this number apears when a call is incoming in exact this way --> +49172334455 - so I think, I got it right?!) In settings I set the right folder (with pics and rings in it) ... so what could I've done wrong?

Help would be very appreciated, cause I bought the full version at PocketGear (over 30 bucks) and this SW doesn't do more than all the others, without proper configuration of individual rings and pics (means: it's useless until it works as promised).

Thanks in advance,
Bastian

Used SW:
- Agenda Fusion 5
- some today plugs
(but I disabled them just for debuggin' and it did't work neither, so I assume, it's a PPS problem)

wiredup

Sep 10, 2003
Chino Hills, CA
Phone Profiles plauged with problems

I've had numberous problems with this software--I have a hard time swallowing $39 for software that has so many problems.

Here are some:
- when a call is missed, caller id pop-up window doesn't go away.
- fast, intermittent vibrate is erradic
- when I click on START, the screen disappears

AND,
Not to mention trying to UN-install it! Impossible without destroying your PDA. After "forcing" the uninstall b/c files were in use and there is no way of unloading it, it retained whatever settings were left the last time; in my case silent with no vibrate--my vibrate never worked again.

I think the bugs should be fixed before new features are added. Baseline this puppy!

POSITIVELY NOTING, however--I love the software concept. If everything worked consistently, I'd pay $49 for it! It's not the money, but the quality!

bugbear75

Jan 25, 2004
Yep, that's it. Same here: the concept is great, but there's some work to do! This software would greatly improve phone incomings and so I hope it will act as desired soon. I'd really like to see it running on my device ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am here.

Just sometimes I work with another projects. But I read your comments and add as many fixes as I can do. I hope I will give you update before the end of this or the next week. I just work up with fixes for XDAII too.

If someone observe that the power turned down after installation. Just try to switch the power on by the hardware buttons several times and then go to the phone profiles settings and uncheck "power off" options for some profiles.
    There is a real need for Phone Profiles

JGUI:

Today, I disturbed a couple of collegues by a loud melody playing when I received an SMS.

I would really love this software to work on the XDA II - or in my case, and Orange M1000.

Enhancements wanted:

Take a look at MiniGPS for the Symbian platform (Nokia 3650 etc). This really usefull piece of software monitors the GSM cells you are logged on to and enables you to execute events when you enter a cell or group of cells.

My Nokia phone automatically enters the 'pager' profile when I am about 500 m from work, and switches back to normal when I have left work. That way, I never distrub other people i our open-office workspace.

Functionality like that would be the final touch for your app. There is a bad need for phone profiles for the XDA II and your app looks like the most promising.

I would be happy to test and report straight back if you update the app. And I WILL buy it when it works.

Regards
    Michael

B.t.w. I have not detected any problems uninstalling. I did remove the today item before uninstall just in case..