[Q] Odin wont flash back to stock

Search This thread

jackhammer951

Jan 24, 2014
Hello people.
This started couble of weeks ago when my phone suddendly went to factory mode. it wasent rooted and i was running 4.3 so i took it to the repair center. They told me that the phones circuit board needed to be replaced and it would cost 281€. Since the same phone new was only 299€ i declined their repair. then i went on a search for way to repair the phone my self. I wound some ways but they needed a root acces. So i tried to downgrade my phone back to 4.1.2 but for some reason Odin started to give me this error...

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9305XXBMI3_I9305NEEBMH1_I9305XXBMH3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> tz.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

And then when i restarted my phone it keeps giving me yet another error saying that "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. In kies the phone wont connect to it. it just keeps loading. Now im asking for some help if some1 has an idea or a way to fix this.

I can give more info if needed.

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
it fails cause you are trying to flash 4.1.2...once you got 4.3 you can't go back...i'm guessing that you get that error when it tries to install the old bootloader(without knox counter)....

jackhammer951

Jan 24, 2014
it fails cause you are trying to flash 4.1.2...once you got 4.3 you can't go back...i'm guessing that you get that error when it tries to install the old bootloader(without knox counter)....

yeah i figured that out. tryed to follow a guide but it dident work... but flashed to 4.3 and that worked and auto rooted my phone and factory mode gone and everything is back to normal