[Q] Droid 2 boot stuck on motorola logo after fission install!

Search This thread

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey guys. So I was flashing the new fission rom on my droid 2 today and after the backup was created and everything else was set, when the phone was rebooting, it just got stuck on the motorola boot logo. I have tried pulling the battery out and everything and all I get is the same boot logo. Is there anyway I can get into recovery mode?

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
Are you holding X while powering on? This will get you into stock recovery. If you can get to that, try wiping data and cache and rebooting. If not, you might have to SBF:

SBF Guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=770224

SBF Download (download in guide doesn't work. You can find it here):
hxxp://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-2-discussion/5323-tbh-mydroidworld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html (replace xx with tt)

ALWAYS be sure to wipe data and cache when flashing a new ROM.

Hope this helps and you get your phone working.

Djdarke

Apr 15, 2010
If you get to the boot animation, pull the battery in the middle of it and when you reboot it will go into clockwork. If not, you will have to use an sbf

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

nolimit208

Oct 8, 2010
Also try holding the X button down on keyboard and hold down power also till motorola logo pops up.

Then hit the search key below X.
Wipe data and cache.

Good to go. Happens to me all the time when reflashing after a SBF.

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
alright. i'll give the sbf a try. and i did try holding down X. I got to that menu, wiped cache and data and i'm still stuck at that logo.

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
i got everyting to work but the final step. when i am about to flash the sbf on rsd lite, i locate it and everything, but the program won't let me click start in order to begin flashing. any ideas?

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
by click do you mean highlight? yeah i did. the start button is still faded out. i am also running rsd lite 4.9 :/

local_crack_dealer

Sep 17, 2010
If you are on windows 7, you have to run rsd as admin. or your device won't show up.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA Premium App

mcmillanje

Dec 19, 2010
Did you make sure and wipe? I've had the same issue after not wiping. Try wipe and reinstall and see if it works

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

-Gilgamesh-

Feb 13, 2011
Do you have your phone in recovery when you are trying to SBF? If so that may be your problem. You need to have it on the bootloader. You get to it by pressing up when you turn the phone on. It should go straight in, you shouldn't even see the moto symbol.

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
got the problem fixed! thank you all for your help. it was the windows 7 admin problem. Just did it off my media center xp desktop, worked like a charm. and yes i was in bootloader mode.

thank you again!