[Q] Noob corporate email problem

Search This thread

PeterRooter

Mar 27, 2014
Kamloops
Hello,

I have a Nexus 4 running Kitkat 4.4.2 and everything was good until a few days ago. I have a few accounts on the phone but the one I'm trying to fix is the corporate email - I had a stuck message (not in my Outlook inbox but in my phone inbox) and tried deleting & filing in a different folder but nothing worked. With iphones and newer Blackberry devices, you can simply remove the offending account and then add it again which usually fixes glitches like this. After removing the corporate email account from the accounts list and having it hang when trying to recreate it, I ended up doing some reading which led me to the Security section to remove the corporate email from there. Now I am able to create a corporate email account but my only options are POP or IMAP which won't work.

Any ideas...?

Peter

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
You probably deleted exchange services. Flash the system img file from the factory image in fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5

xxISYMFSxx

Apr 1, 2014
Richmond
Hello,

I have a Nexus 4 running Kitkat 4.4.2 and everything was good until a few days ago. I have a few accounts on the phone but the one I'm trying to fix is the corporate email - I had a stuck message (not in my Outlook inbox but in my phone inbox) and tried deleting & filing in a different folder but nothing worked. With iphones and newer Blackberry devices, you can simply remove the offending account and then add it again which usually fixes glitches like this. After removing the corporate email account from the accounts list and having it hang when trying to recreate it, I ended up doing some reading which led me to the Security section to remove the corporate email from there. Now I am able to create a corporate email account but my only options are POP or IMAP which won't work.

Any ideas...?

Peter

Under add account in setting the options should look like this. (Pic attached)
uploadfromtaptalk1396402870751.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

PeterRooter

Mar 27, 2014
Kamloops
Finally worked up the courage to try this today and ended up with a fresh phone (not what I wanted).

Here's what I did;

put phone in fastboot mode (by pressing vol up, vol down and power)

fastboot devices (to make sure it could see it)

fastboot oem unlock

fastboot flash system system.img (from Kitkat 4.4.2, same OS I was running before this crap started)

fastboot oem lock

fastboot reboot

Then I got to pick a language and start the setup, just like when it came out of the box (minus all my apps, data and pics)...

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Finally worked up the courage to try this today and ended up with a fresh phone (not what I wanted).

Here's what I did;

put phone in fastboot mode (by pressing vol up, vol down and power)

fastboot devices (to make sure it could see it)

fastboot oem unlock

fastboot flash system system.img (from Kitkat 4.4.2, same OS I was running before this crap started)

fastboot oem lock

fastboot reboot

Then I got to pick a language and start the setup, just like when it came out of the box (minus all my apps, data and pics)...

If you weren't unlocked before, unlocking is what wiped your device. Just flashing the system.img will not wipe the device

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts