HTC ONE m7-ul HELP s-on stuck at Bootloader RUU fail

Search This thread

sarktheshark

Apr 19, 2014
I'm kinda in a bad situation here.
I am very familiar with adb, fastboot, flashing and all that jazz but ran into a problem here:

I was trying to return back to stock rom and locked device to return it for warranty (bad top speaker and mic) and in the process I re-locked the bootloader and switched the s-off to s-on.

But when I went to flash the RUU via fastboot I kept getting a error message of signature failure.

Then after trying more RUU's that were most similar to my device I still was getting the same error.

I then tried an .exe RUU but kept getting errors during the process.

If I reboot it, it just returns to the bootloader and recovery goes to the bootloader as well.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I'm kinda in a bad situation here.
I am very familiar with adb, fastboot, flashing and all that jazz but ran into a problem here:

I was trying to return back to stock rom and locked device to return it for warranty (bad top speaker and mic) and in the process I re-locked the bootloader and switched the s-off to s-on.

But when I went to flash the RUU via fastboot I kept getting a error message of signature failure.

Then after trying more RUU's that were most similar to my device I still was getting the same error.

I then tried an .exe RUU but kept getting errors during the process.

post a fastboot getvar all (excluding IMEI and s/n)

ruu.zip are usually already decrypted, so would fail the signature check.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
My bootloader screen shows:

TAMPERED
RELOCKED
SECURITY WARNING

will this RUU still work?

it may get rid of tampered and security warning, but it will DEFINITELY NOT get you LOCKED, which is usually needed for warranty!!

time to unlock, get S-Off again, and follow the guide properly.

sarktheshark

Apr 19, 2014
So will it install without error and get me stock ROM for now?
Cause after that, I can get S-OFF later, I'm just desperate for something to run now.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ya it did not work: (see attachment)

don't know what error 158 is... but the ruu should work fine; possibly USB3 problems??

HOWEVER, I highly recommend you get S-Off before upgrading to 4.4 !! (because there is a possibility S-Off won't work!!)

so unlock, s-off, then install any ROM, until you have time to do this properly!

sarktheshark

Apr 19, 2014
don't know what error 158 is... but the ruu should work fine; possibly USB3 problems??

HOWEVER, I highly recommend you get S-Off before upgrading to 4.4 !! (because there is a possibility S-Off won't work!!)

so unlock, s-off, then install any ROM, until you have time to do this properly!

Im using usb 2.0 directly from the rear of my PC, its Windows 7 64bit ultimate

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
how can I even get s-off again without a rom even installed ?
You need a ROM installed, no way around that, hence the (yeah made a little mistake): unlock, put a ROM on it, then S-Off

Im using usb 2.0 directly from the rear of my PC, its Windows 7 64bit ultimate
Win7 + USB2 port should be okay.... but this guy also had a problem with the ruu
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2707246

and even though it was a USB2 port, the "internal" usb hub showed as a "USB3 hub", a different PC, and it worked.