Force Windows Phone 7.8

Search This thread

ybregeon

Aug 18, 2010
Cairo, Egypt
For those of you who wish to update your Windows Phone to Windows Phone 7.8 but do not want to wait for the update to be published by your operator, the website Windows Phone hacker published a little soft made to download the update and install it on your device.
To download SevenEighter, click this link.
Tested by many, worked for most of them!

:cyclops:

deepakjseb

Feb 3, 2011
wp 7.8 in lumia 800

awesome method . you dont have to do any complicated things , just have patience of about 1-2 hrs.

joseromi

Nov 10, 2011
Hi,

This update will remove all the files and apps in the mobile or it will update without removing anything like a CAB update?

Thanks

caput1234

Nov 12, 2010
AW: Force Windows Phone 7.8

My laptop say its not a 32 bit programm?

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

digiguy

Dec 7, 2011
Chennai
not full updated

it said 100% completed, but i didn't see bluetooth share and ringtone maker app ,
but i was able to modify the tile size(not all tile only a few)
today phone said there is a update for my phone.
then i plugged into zune and it started the update, but then after 30 mins nothing happend
i plugged out and then plugged in and it restored it back to 7.10(Tango).

Don't know what to do now.
Now zune says no updates found and my phone is upto date.

baxee

May 19, 2012
Stockholm
it said 100% completed, but i didn't see bluetooth share and ringtone maker app ,
but i was able to modify the tile size(not all tile only a few)
today phone said there is a update for my phone.
then i plugged into zune and it started the update, but then after 30 mins nothing happend
i plugged out and then plugged in and it restored it back to 7.10(Tango).

Don't know what to do now.
Now zune says no updates found and my phone is upto date.
Same here, but i can resize every widget. But no ringtone maker app. and zune says 7.10 but in phone 7.8

TyTanIc

Aug 17, 2009
Awesome method for HTC Titan x310e - worked a treat

For those of you who wish to update your Windows Phone to Windows Phone 7.8 but do not want to wait for the update to be published by your operator, the website Windows Phone hacker published a little soft made to download the update and install it on your device.

Bit the bullet and went for it! Success. :good:

Got fed up with waiting around for Micro$oft and HTC to finish d!cking around deciding if they are going to release this stuff or not. It seems they can't even decide through their own official website announcements what's going on, and both seem to contradict each other. HTC need a big lesson on customer relations, and responding positively, and keeping former promises about updates, or many of us long term HTCers are likely to move to the Nokia side of the Force.

Anyway, moving on from the corporate politics...
Ran this on a factory-supplied unlocked HTC Titan X310e, and it worked an absolute treat... 25 minutes of loading various updates, but no problems noted thus far. The only thing I did notice was the HTC hub icon not acting in live mode in either large or medium tile size (just goes dark). Maybe that's just a refresh issue, but not really bothered - it's only an icon to launch the real app. :) Resized it small fort he HTC logo, so I know what it does if I need it.

It will ask you to install the Dev Kit first (5 minutes tops) and that installs all automatic, then relaunch 7-8er, choose language pack (be careful to scroll down the full list if you want English UK), and just watch it update. Remember to enter your PIN after it reboots after each incremental upload so the next stage can run.

Brilliant work.

TyTanIc

Aug 17, 2009
Patience is a virtue

On my unlocked from finland lumia 800, it just stops after backup is created. my phone shows a left arrow pointing to the phone, crossed out.

Yes, it does show that on the screen for what seems like a good 5-8 minutes... just be patient and let it do its thing... eventually the white progress bar will start moving across the top of the screen.

stealthj

Jan 16, 2008
Silicon Valley, California
Yes, it does show that on the screen for what seems like a good 5-8 minutes... just be patient and let it do its thing... eventually the white progress bar will start moving across the top of the screen.
aww man... "Exception error in updateWP..." something like that happened right now in the middle of it.... now the progress bar is just stuck... uh oh!

edit : So i restarted my copmputer, restarted my phone because it looked like update didint even start because my phone still said 7.5, then i connected my phone to try this again.... after a while, it says update completed... then it downloaded and installed something again, progress bar completed and my phone again said update completed and looks like it finished fine! what a great tool!! but tool never has correct status of what it is doing. The wholle update it just said "restarting your phone"

very nice

Last edited:

KaaareL

Feb 24, 2013
To download SevenEighter.

I update my phone using SevenEighter a few days back. It was working fine until yesterday. Afther update i noticed my phone is restaring abnormally. Yesterday night colors where messed out in background screen and after restart it was fine.
Later My phone made again abnormal restart and didnt wake up any more!! Was just showing Nokia logo and thats it. After serval minutes it made continious restarts. So i figured out that problem may be related to Lumia 800 Battery issues what has happened with many people! (My phone is 3 days old). Today i downloaded original RM ending .. 12070 and i was able to recover using nokia care suite. thank god!
So my question to you guys is have you noticed same thing happening with your phone? Also does wp7.8 contain any kind battery fix like 7.5 has? I liked 7.8 much but if im not able to use it and it ruins my device i´ll stay on 7.5.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I update my phone using SevenEighter a few days back. It was working fine until yesterday. Afther update i noticed my phone is restaring abnormally. Yesterday night colors where messed out in background screen and after restart it was fine.
Later My phone made again abnormal restart and didnt wake up any more!! Was just showing Nokia logo and thats it. After serval minutes it made continious restarts. So i figured out that problem may be related to Lumia 800 Battery issues what has happened with many people! (My phone is 3 days old). Today i downloaded original RM ending .. 12070 and i was able to recover using nokia care suite. thank god!
So my question to you guys is have you noticed same thing happening with your phone? Also does wp7.8 contain any kind battery fix like 7.5 has? I liked 7.8 much but if im not able to use it and it ruins my device i´ll stay on 7.5.

I flashed 7.8 on my 710 using NaviFirm and downloader.exe and last night I got the exact same problem

The background of the homescreen covered all the tiles, all tiles were under the background, then some tiles appeared but most were still gone

Rebooted the phone and everything is fine again

It must be a 7.8 bug, not the method we update them

boazgalpo

Aug 6, 2011
Alabang
quick and easy

just finished updating mine today. thanks for the link. it was easy and surprisingly fast.

Kn!ght L!fe

Nov 26, 2012
all works. but no wi-fi setting :( and cannot see "About" in phone settings. the Zune still says 7.10.xx when checking for update :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey you guys with all those problems after updating. Flash your phones using navifirm. I did and everything is working like a charm for over a month now. But do not forget to backup first everything like photos, music, contacts, calendar etc.