4.3 update is coming - Discusion of all things 4.3 here

Search This thread

guisar

Sep 11, 2010
And enjoy 4.3 on the gn3 because like 4.1 on the gn2, it's th3 only tw version you're going to see before eol.

magicwands

Nov 10, 2009
Use it for what it is, upgrade every two years and learn to be happy...

I felt the same way alot of you guys feel back in the epic 4g daze when I bought that on launch day and then Sammy ignored it. I jumped ship earlier and got the Nexus S since it was going to be handled by Google, or so I thought. Same **** different day with that, its the carriers they dont want to admit it but they are motivated by selling hardware and new contracts. Supporting older phones is not in their interest. Root it, Rom it and learn to live with it, its the way it is sadly.

my 2 cents.

Reactions: ac16313 and guisar

adamantypants

Nov 8, 2008
las vegas
With the newest versions of Android, realistically you only see the improvements if you're already running vanilla android. I couldn't tell you what the improvements are in 4.3 over 4.1. And honestly I don't really care.

For a while I was running Android 4.3 on my GN2 but I went straight back to TW. Why? Because even as bloated as TW is, there are things you simply can't do with an S pen in stock Android that you can do in TW. Most of all, the camera app is far and away better in TW than it is in AOSP.

Looking over the list of improvements in 4.3 and the only thing I'd like on the list is the new Open GL support but I'm not even dying for it. I'm not trying to defend Samsung/carriers by ANY means. I'm just saying that version increases are a little overblown. IMHO 4.3 is more like a 4.2.1 (and again I didn't think 4.2 was even a huge improvement either).

With the newest versions of Android, realistically you only see the improvements if you're already running vanilla android. I couldn't tell you what the improvements are in 4.3 over 4.1. And honestly I don't really care.

For a while I was running Android 4.3 on my GN2 but I went straight back to TW. Why? Because even as bloated as TW is, there are things you simply can't do with an S pen in stock Android that you can do in TW. Most of all, the camera app is far and away better in TW than it is in AOSP.

Looking over the list of improvements in 4.3 and the only thing I'd like on the list is the new Open GL support but I'm not even dying for it. I'm not trying to defend Samsung/carriers by ANY means. I'm just saying that version increases are a little overblown. IMHO 4.3 is more like a 4.2.1 (and again I didn't think 4.2 was even a huge improvement either).

and all that is correct

but i think its gon be more so what samsung drops to make 4.3 nicer

otherwise its no big deal either

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
After seeing the support on QC devices I was excited for the Note 3 - until probability of tri-band LTE went to zero. (Okay, 0.00001%)
I honestly want the G2 for daily and Nexus 5 for dev but not sure I can swing both. But that's my short list for the coming months.

rukin1

Dec 4, 2011
FW
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
http://www.intomobile.com/2013/09/3...s4-and-galaxy-note-ii-coming-canada-november/

Well looks like mid october for 4.3

but i heard sprint gets the n3 oct 4th

and for all of those who have the unlimited for life plan gets early upgrade

...if not already mentioned

I bet android 4.4 kit kat will be bout before we get official 4.3 lol. Aosp ftfw.

Well it seems : http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest
It's been updated to 4.3
and Software version to
L900VPUBMIA

W00t
Yes!!!! We need to port this!!!! Anyone? ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: RayTrue04

rukin1

Dec 4, 2011
FW
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
where did you find that information??
Read
it in this text
http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest

LEHyMeW.png

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
that would be most welcome. Does this mean that one is built and ready to go?

It means Samsung has made a build but leaks are unlikely to come out. I have even heard official resellers complaint that Sprint has taken away their access to new builds starting around March/April. They rely on what they can do from Kies and other sites because Sprint won't give them the releases. Even when it was attempted it seems there was a problem with the copies provided.

Any way you slice it, don't get your hopes up.

Reactions: DarkManX4lf

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
It means Samsung has made a build but leaks are unlikely to come out. I have even heard official resellers complaint that Sprint has taken away their access to new builds starting around March/April. They rely on what they can do from Kies and other sites because Sprint won't give them the releases. Even when it was attempted it seems there was a problem with the copies provided.

Any way you slice it, don't get your hopes up.
Are you saying that it seems there may not be an update for sprint specifically anytime soon? Seems odd with the HTC ONE update that just came out weeks before everyone else.

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
I am saying don't expect anything beyond OTA releases. Leaks like we had before are almost with a certainty over.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

jktenor

Aug 12, 2012
los angeles
that is not a sprint version

I just wanted to warn anyone that wants to just download and run this that it is for a European version of the note II.
Probably could be modified though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dudes

I don't care what android version my note 2 has. I am able to do whatever I want with it and the phone rocks big time.

I mean really what is exactly you are going to be able to do them than you cannot do now. I f there is something you want to do them that you cannot do now its an operator error. Hell I am even running Sphere now.

NOTE 2 all the way with XDA enhancement rocks.

Dude,

I can't figure out why you're here on XDA then? Frankly, this kinda thing is our hobby and passion.
    If you don't understand the point of threads like this, the rdf thread, sxtp's threads.... you might need a different forum to hang out in.

That "XDA enhancement" you're bragging about in your sig is exactly Because people here care about "what android version their note 2 has".

Sent from my calculator watch.
    I am done with Samsung...they say October. .but really mean December.
    And then the US carriers have to test and bloat it...so we are looking March next year!!!!
    I am buying the next Nexus and noting but Nexus from now on.

More like January or Feb, I'd say or maybe never...at least for the Sprint variant. It isn't in Sprint's interest to push updates unless the other carriers do. Of course Samsung wants to get these updates moving because they want the public to feel they'll be supported if they purchase a Samsung branded device but brand loyalty isn't in Sprints interests unless the brand is Sprint and that of course is usually maintained at the end of a very thin thread as it is.

As for the possibility of receiving the 4.3 update. I'm always excited about OTA updates because updates play a fairly big role in future versions of Android. The more updates there are the more well understood it is what the public wants/needs from future versions because of the broader spectrum of users providing feedback.

For my own personal device...I don't care. I run what I want on my device anyway regardless of whatever Samsung/Sprint/Google push. I don't give a rats ass about having a "pure" Android experience or being the first to get the latest version (no offense to the Nexus fans) either. I want my device dirty and nasty with a big moustache. I don't want be like one of those creeps that hangs around the strip clubs but never pays for a lap dance...I'm in the champaign room and let me tell you there is more going on in there than the song says. Why do you think I'm hanging around here? Trick it, brick it, fix it, trick it and brick it again...that's what it all about.

This complete exaggeration brought to you by:
    chzeckmate
    Now come on, there's been times Sprint rolled out updates before Samsung dropped source. I'm sure they won't update their software page without an update to roll out. Until I see MK3 on Sprint's S3 software page I don't think it's going to hit OTA even with source dropped. That software page usually on track judging from older devices I've had. At least I hope :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

OK, I owe folks an apology. Everything I read earlier on here I thought pointed to MK3 for the N2.
    But seeing that it was MK4 I turned to our previous leaky source and confirmed MK4 is real and is the OTA as of now.
    (No more tarballs but was at least nice enough to confirm the build status.)
    So sorry to pour cold water on the party, it's time to turn it up!
    Flashing in 60 secs. See you on the flip side.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Thread Cleaned.
    Lets keep it PG rated and respectful, ok folks?