Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
Last edited:

adam.kelly2

Apr 26, 2012
Olympia, WA
This is really tempting since T Mobile has better coverage and more 4G where I live than Sprint.

I'm going to scope it out. Might be something to jump on.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well I went to the website to check out how much it would be for 2 lines and it would end up costing more on T Mobile. First off you HAVE to finance a device or pay the full price up front. So 2 lines with unlimited everything comes up to $120 per month plus if I were to get 2 HTC Ones that would be an extra $50 per month. So $170 before taxes and fees. I think you have to buy the insurance also but I'm not sure. I'm going to go into a TMobile store and check it out for sure though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

neudof

Nov 24, 2008
Mayer, MN
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I don't understand why people think these no contract plans are any better than signing a contract.

Why would you want to be on the hook for paying off a 600$ device rather than paying a 200$ early termination fee..

Sprint has the cheapest plans of the major providers flat out, and the network is improving quickly

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
T-Mobile has no 3g or 4g in my area, they only have edge no way I'm leaving Sprint for that at least with Sprint I have Damn Good 4g and 3g.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

T-Mobile has no 3g or 4g in my area, they only have edge no way I'm leaving Sprint for that at least with Sprint I have Damn Good 4g and 3g.

jaqual

Jul 8, 2008
This isn't for everyone but for those who are in bad sprint areas would like it or those who complain about the long wait for updates would like it too since gsm always gets the update first

Exactly. Good info for those who want it. Those who don't shouldn't complain, just stay where they're at. Already sent a link to a friend who was talking about jumping ship from Verizon.

Sent from space...

Reactions: sslbaron and Riff76
Feb 24, 2012
Healdsburg, CA
Yeah I'd rather have my text messages send and receive normally. Past T-Mobile people I've texted have told me of "texting issues" and the whole "edge" thing. No thanks, if my LTE drops, at least 3G is faster than edge. And I'm not giving up my unlimited 4G LTE & tethering. As for upgrades... If I really want the phone like my two HTC Ones then I pay full price. T-Mobile sounds good and all but i know there's a catch there some here. And Sprint made me happy thay my AT&T friends with extreme speeds sometimes ask me to lend my portable hotspot when their LTE drops to HSPA or Edge. :)

Sent from my HTC ONE

flomexico

Aug 15, 2010
I went to a T-Mobile store today to inquire about it. What kills it for me is that you HAVE to purchase a device from them, and our Ones are only worth $106 in trade-in. Doesn't seem fair when I could sell it on CL for $275. The cost would work out roughly the same. $86/month. They also don't pay the ETF directly. You have to cover it, then you get a prepaid MasterCard in 4-8 weeks. So to start the plan, you're looking at potentially hundreds of dollars.

Yeah, it's contract free, but it's not really worth it in my opinion. Sprint does just fine in Metro Atlanta, and as much as I feel I'm getting boned by them, it's the smallest in the long list of dicks that are phone companies.

Reactions: sslbaron

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I went to a T-Mobile store today to inquire about it. What kills it for me is that you HAVE to purchase a device from them, and our Ones are only worth $106 in trade-in. Doesn't seem fair when I could sell it on CL for $275. The cost would work out roughly the same. $86/month. They also don't pay the ETF directly. You have to cover it, then you get a prepaid MasterCard in 4-8 weeks. So to start the plan, you're looking at potentially hundreds of dollars.

Yeah, it's contract free, but it's not really worth it in my opinion. Sprint does just fine in Metro Atlanta, and as much as I feel I'm getting boned by them, it's the smallest in the long list of dicks that are phone companies.

Yeah, what he said! I work in Pendergrass, Geogia, which is about 90 miles north of metro Atlanta, and formerly a 3G area if I was lucky. Within the last four months it has gone from spotty 3G to 2 bars of LTE. And that's literally out in the boonies. That much improvement that fast is worth hanging around, especially with the whole Mastercard bait and switch crap. Sprint is really earning my business these days. My penny and a half...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "T-Mobile 'Get out of Jail Free Card' pays contract cutters up to $650 per line" http://feedly.com/k/1dwQMyQ

I'm thinking it would be a lot nicer to have a gsm One 2 than a cdma one. Have at it guys!

EDIT:

New link that works
    http://www.androidguys.com/2014/01/...free-card-pays-contract-cutters-650-per-line/
    I don't understand why people think these no contract plans are any better than signing a contract.

Why would you want to be on the hook for paying off a 600$ device rather than paying a 200$ early termination fee..

Sprint has the cheapest plans of the major providers flat out, and the network is improving quickly

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
    This isn't for everyone but for those who are in bad sprint areas would like it or those who complain about the long wait for updates would like it too since gsm always gets the update first

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

So many people are about to be gone...me too maybe lol.

Sprint better step it up, that is all. Framily plans don't cut it

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk