Android Development

Search This thread

aliwaqas

May 25, 2010
Islamabad
I believe that it can be rooted with z4root or universal one click root. Don't have the phone yet, but planning to get one from a local carrier here

aliwaqas

May 25, 2010
Islamabad
Well now we have a complete dedicated IDEOS thread here so ROMs and mods will follow in due course of time. I don't thing there are any custom roms available for this handset until now, but I am hopeful that things might change soon.

ze7en

Mar 26, 2010
I had to use Universal ANDroot. Worked first try. Now let's get some flashing on!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

bencostello

Jan 26, 2008
S7 ROM

Sorry for the cross post, but we have a Bounty out right now for a Custom ROM for the S7 at androidtablets.net. I believe we are currently up to $170 for a 2.2 ROM.
That's great news! I have just 3 days to return mine. If I don't get a "custom rom" that works or and official update to 2.2 on the S7 I am taking it back. This is BS that the company won't officially announce whether they are going to release 2.2 on the current device or not.

Hipcatjack

Oct 21, 2010
Ok so I've been wondering for a long time now, how exactly does one root. I mean i know HOW to root with z4 or nandroid. (I'm typing this on my rooted ideos s7). Ive rooted a droid incredible, a droid 1 (twice) a droid x, i just rooted my friends droid 2. But all it is is just downloading this zip installing that apk, i am glad it is easy enough t o do, i am just wondering if anyone could Point me in the right direction where i could find a more indepth explination.

I have never taken a computer class in my life. Everything i have ever learned about programing i taught myself, in light of this I want to try and cook up a rom myself. Also winning challenges sounds fun too. i know i am little more than script kiddie level, but if anyone is kind enough to point me in the right direction, hopefully I can figure out how to customize a rom for this tablet. Thanks. p. S. I say never rely on the manufacture to "give" you any updates, if we want them and i say we do, then we should all work together and pool our resources/info to get the job done. DYI all the way.

bencostello

Jan 26, 2008
Huawei Ideos S7 will NOT be creating an update to Android 2.2 update for the device.

This is my post that I am re-posting on from
Site: Androidtablet .com
Thread: Android 2.2 update for Huawei - Ideos 7" Tablet S7

From JackJack::mad:
I emailed this to them on their website:
I have recently bought an Huawei Ideos S7 with the promise that Android 2.2 will be available for this product VERY SOON. I also bought several of these as presents for friends and family. In addition I reviewed this product on my blog and other "tech sites". I gave it a VERY HIGH RATING, BUT depending on the 2.2 release I was promised at Best Buy here in the US.
I NEED to know if and when Android 2.2 will be available for this device or I will be returning them all by Friday. I will also write about this on my blog and other "tech" sites and tell everyone to NOT BUY an Huawei Ideos S7. I will tell them this product is TERRIBLE without Android 2.2. It is SEVERELY handicapped by 2.1.
PLEASE REPLY ASAP or I will act soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJack View Post
NEWS ON S7 AND ANDROID2.2:
1. It's confirmed that S7 hardwares(For example: S7-104, S7-103...) can update to Android2.2, and Huawei software team is preparing the software.
2. Android2.2 version for S7 hardwares will release in Q1 2011.
3. Everything on 2.2 version R&D is OK now.

------------------------

JackJack, I am not sure who your sources are but here is what I have found out:
I emailed Huawei on their website and told/asked them this:

"I have recently bought an Huawei Ideos S7 with the promise that Android 2.2 will be available for this product VERY SOON. I also bought several of these as presents for friends and family. In addition I reviewed this product on my blog and other "tech sites". I gave it a VERY HIGH RATING, BUT depending on the 2.2 release I was promised at Best Buy here in the US.
I NEED to know if and when Android 2.2 will be available for this device or I will be returning them all by Friday. I will also write about this on my blog and other "tech" sites and tell everyone to NOT BUY an Huawei Ideos S7. I will tell them this product is TERRIBLE without Android 2.2. It is SEVERELY handicapped by 2.1.
PLEASE REPLY ASAP or I will act soon."

They responded to me today from the email:
tcps@huawei.com

This was the header of the email:

华为终端部门对您反馈的信息给予回复

They then said:
"Dear Sir/ Madam
thank you for your appreciation to our S7,we do not have plan for Andriod 2.2 at present , you could visit our website ,the latest news concerning Andriod-based device would be posed the first time at here."
Thanks

So this is pretty much proof in my mind that Huawei Ideos is working on the replacement for the S7 that will contain 2.2 or 2.3.
I AM SUPER PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS!

Can someone "on the inside" give us a definitive answer on this? I was promised an upgrade to 2.2 at purchase time at Best Buy, So if Huawei does not fix this ASAP I will no longer be their customer.

This topic should be the 1St sticky on this board about the Ideos S7 because there should be a warming to people thinking about buying it. With out 2.2 it is can barley hold 20 apps. That is pretty God damn bad.
I am begging for "at least" a ROM for that device running on 2.2 But I would MUCH rather the company released an "official" version.
PLEASE! Keep me posted on this I have until Monday to Return it
-Ben
I am desperately waiting for a working ROM or the "official" update!

Last edited:

DCLocal

Nov 2, 2008
Washington, DC
Why the threatening tone?

I NEED to know if and when Android 2.2 will be available for this device or I will be returning them all by Friday. I will also write about this on my blog and other "tech" sites and tell everyone to NOT BUY an Huawei Ideos S7. I will tell them this product is TERRIBLE without Android 2.2. It is SEVERELY handicapped by 2.1. PLEASE REPLY ASAP or I will act soon.
Wow
So this is pretty much proof in my mind that Huawei Ideos is working on the replacement for the S7 that will contain 2.2 or 2.3. I AM SUPER PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS!
This sounds like a standard, non-committal canned response; I wouldn’t consider it “proof”. Huawei is a very large company and it is not surprising the person answering web inquiries would not know the latest developments until they are actually pushed out. And even then...
I will tell them this product is TERRIBLE without Android 2.2. It is SEVERELY handicapped by 2.1.

Yes the seemingly unused internal 8GB is a bummer but I think the S7 is pretty damn capable as is and for the money hard to beat. Would 2.2 make it better? Of course but TERRIBLE without? Not in my opinion. Regardless of whether Huawei pushes out 2.2 or not it will be available through the community.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's root this sucker!
    generally a rooting program exploits a security hole in the software/hardware to inject code and give itself root access, and it is then allowed to install busybox and superuser programs, thats pretty much it.
    can someone please tell us if there is a custom rom out? i would love to over clock my processor to 1 mhz.

thanks!

Here you go:

w w w .androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/4716-step-set-how-overclock-thanks-googoane. h t m l