[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast.

Search This thread

dotnetnightmare

Jun 28, 2008
Re: [ROM] PRIME D01-25 [ATOM v4 for N7][4.2.1]

Alot of users start with blaming the rom for an app not working. Of course pointing the finger at a custom rom is a quick solution. Users vague references to lag or FC's with no logcats are not helping you or the developer. Do you expect him to install the software and troubleshoot something for you and stop rom development? Maybe I am over stepping my bounds, just feels useless to keep bothering the man, he needs the proper Logcats & Information!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Browser FCing. Tablet talk lagging. Tablet talk is probably a compatability issue as custom roms are mentioned in they're FAQ's. Just never have had a problem with it until prime. Btw, Using built in kernel.

how did you get the browser to FC? i haven't had that happen once since 4.1

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Alot of users start with blaming the rom for an app not working. Of course pointing the finger at a custom rom is a quick solution. Users vague references to lag or FC's with no logcats are not helping you or the developer. Do you expect him to install the software and troubleshoot something for you and stop rom development? Maybe I am over stepping my bounds, just feels useless to keep bothering the man, he needs the proper Logcats & Information!

any bugs require steps to reproduce or i will just have to assume it's user error... and for a market app dont' even bother. I'm not going to waste my time trying to make some app crash that i probably don't even want or use. This is an AOSP rom.. customized with fixes and improvements from google's master gerrit that were submitted for Android 5.0.

Last edited:

bjcrj

Sep 25, 2012

Franco kernel has been giving the previously mention graphics glitches. Only after waking from sleep though, flash and power on you van use it, bit screen off then on it glitches. Faux kernel works fine.

chan1628

Jun 4, 2007
flashed this rom for the past 2 days.... everything is running perfectly smooth...
but like always, there's no such thing as "too perfect"

this is prob. not a fault of the ROM, but I seem to be constantly dropping wifi connection and then reconnecting again... i don't think the wifi stays connected for more than a minute before it drops and reconnects again

does anyone have any suggestions?

frost_nz

May 14, 2012
Christchurch

flashed this rom for the past 2 days.... everything is running perfectly smooth...
but like always, there's no such thing as "too perfect"

this is prob. not a fault of the ROM, but I seem to be constantly dropping wifi connection and then reconnecting again... i don't think the wifi stays connected for more than a minute before it drops and reconnects again

does anyone have any suggestions?

Try scaling down your WiFi scan interval with pimp my ROM. I've noticed the default was quite high. I'm currently at 75 with no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

chan1628

Jun 4, 2007
Try scaling down your WiFi scan interval with pimp my ROM. I've noticed the default was quite high. I'm currently at 75 with no issues.

its better... but still have consistent drops, just not as frequent
will it be wise to try to lower that number even more... ie: 50 or 0?

!n0x

Jan 17, 2012
BCD
Quicksettings Tile Order seems to FC when pressing back button.
About Tablet > Status FCs.

Other than that, pretty awesome. Using LeanKernel, but i might go to motley. :)

EDIT: after going to motley, this is blazingly fast, I can't believe it. all transitions are set to 1x. effingwat.

Last edited:

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

Very, very smooth. Quick question....is there anyway to add wallpaper to the notification pulldown or am i just missing it somewhere?

Dancershrink

Feb 10, 2012

Is there a way to change the clock color? I want to have it match themes. Thanks!!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

jimmycrackcorn1

Nov 10, 2012

how did you get the browser to FC? i haven't had that happen once since 4.1

Umm.. yeah.. I'm not sure, it just freezes up. It happened two or three times within an hour or so. So what I do is the good ole long press to kill & restart it. What do you suggest I do to get it to repeat its self & what would a user error be? Its a preloaded app, not one I DL'd, is there a wrong way to use the browser that would produce a user error freeze up? How do I go about running a log cat, is it as simple as DL'n an app & hitting ''run'' or is there code involved. :confused:

Also, I can't get the camera work. Tried all starter apps in market with a reboot in between starting them (don't know why, but a reboot has made it work in the past w/other ROMs).

As far as Tablet Tablet talk goes, I dont know what's wrong with it. Like I was mentioning, it is said to have compatibility issues with custom ROMs. I just never had the problem until now. Wasn't sure if anyone was familiar with the app itself. Its for texting & its running on a phone with a custom ROM too soo... there's a lot of variables in there. Wouldn't expect dev to go chasing that one.

As always, clean install, with suggested eclipse gapps.
BTW, Thanks for the speedy ROM dude, I really like this one, it can actually hold up to the very loosely over used words ''SMOOTH & FAST!!"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Umm.. yeah.. I'm not sure, it just freezes up. It happened two or three times within an hour or so. So what I do is the good ole long press to kill & restart it. What do you suggest I do to get it to repeat its self & what would a user error be? Its a preloaded app, not one I DL'd, is there a wrong way to use the browser that would produce a user error freeze up? How do I go about running a log cat, is it as simple as DL'n an app & hitting ''run'' or is there code involved. :confused:

Also, I can't get the camera work. Tried all starter apps in market with a reboot in between starting them (don't know why, but a reboot has made it work in the past w/other ROMs).

As far as Tablet Tablet talk goes, I dont know what's wrong with it. Like I was mentioning, it is said to have compatibility issues with custom ROMs. I just never had the problem until now. Wasn't sure if anyone was familiar with the app itself. Its for texting & its running on a phone with a custom ROM too soo... there's a lot of variables in there. Wouldn't expect dev to go chasing that one.

As always, clean install, with suggested eclipse gapps.
BTW, Thanks for the speedy ROM dude, I really like this one, it can actually hold up to the very loosely over used words ''SMOOTH & FAST!!"

I've used this browser for hours laying in bed being a lazy POS. Can't replicate. PM me about log cat instructions
Camera is known bro. It just kind of disappeared after we synced with goog's server. Getting closer but its low priority. Fixed the QS force close. Also fixed like 3 other bugs my teammates gave me earlier. So much for taking time off lol. Soon as i get this new loop optimizer functional you guys will be getting a milestone build. I put a feature hold so there won't be anything new except the internal compiler spped stuff and bug fixes

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010

jimmycrackcorn1

Nov 10, 2012

Camera is known bro. It just kind of disappeared after we synced with goog's server. Getting closer but its low priority. Fixed the QS force close. Also fixed like 3 other bugs.

Dang.. must of missed that. Was it working on the earlier releases.
Unfortunately, I need the camera. My cell's cam is all fubar'd, the ROM devs haven't cracked it yet & I need at least one working cam for jersey shore duck face selfies...=@

If you want I can pm you for the instruction on a log cat & then I'll run it just to try & help the community? Let me know.

Thank you Mr. Prime!

kesongpinoy

Jan 15, 2012
What graphics glitches are we talking about here? I told you guys the powerhal for grouper was FUBAR lol

This happened to me on franco kernel r41 and m-kernel a33. tablet becomes unresponsive and has some sort of flashing gray stuff on the screen. kinda hard to explain heh. I think someone mentioned a while back that after a restart, the graphical glitches went away in franco but I haven't tested it

Dang.. must of missed that. Was it working on the earlier releases.
Unfortunately, I need the camera. My cell's cam is all fubar'd, the ROM devs haven't cracked it yet & I need at least one working cam for jersey shore duck face selfies...=@

other camera apps works fine. Ive tried paper camera and cymera (works better than the stock with the extra features, ideal for your "jersey shore duck face selfies" heh )

Gil Smash

Jan 14, 2011

What graphics glitches are we talking about here? I told you guys the powerhal for grouper was FUBAR lol

I got this with Franco as well, only your ROM. It gets a weird grayed out diagonal sort of tearing and is so slow you can't even reboot.

Edit: and by only your rom its the only one that I've had it happen on, haven't tested all of them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source
    Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    D03-25 Release notes:

some UI cleanup
    many bug fixes
    layout fixes for tablet UI etc
    theming cleanup
    some repos with -fno-strict-aliasing hardcoded by linaro have been set to use fstrict-aliasing (more butter)
    plugged a lot of memory leaks since the last release
    some native code tweaks
    localized some optimizations to remove regressions caused in some places when set globally
    compiled with custom NDK
    compiled with custom toolchain
    stabilized cflags a bit to test my aliasing violation fixes mentioned above
    some script tweaking
    more logging removed
    bionic sin/cos optimization
    removed unnecessary debugging code from performance critical libc & libm
    auto brightness curve adjust fixed
    tits, butter, skittles...

this is a pretty solid build. i'd consider it a milestone release except i didn't get a chance to test it as much as i wanted.
    enjoi an update for grouper and tilapia

change log:
    fixed ****
    new ****
    tits, butter, & skittles
    release notes:

ui selector added: phablet/tablet/phone on the fly!!
    pie upgraded and less buggy now
    bugs fixed
    beats/bravia2 multimedia upgraded
    majority of the time spent fixing memory leaks and adding new compiler flags to make faster
    full graphite + link time optimization
    clibrary upgrades
    a lot of arch-arm NEON focused improvements (efficiency/speed)
    a lot of frameworks improvements for fluidity
    full hardware accelerated keyboard & pertinent frameworks elements
    expanded desktop can now be shut off.. and a list array was added to select hide statusbar, hide both, or turn off
    bunch -o- other ****

enjoi!!