Touch Diamond UK ROM update 1.93.405.1

Search This thread

AndiiRoo

Jul 5, 2008
The new rom 1.93 is now showing in HTC e-club for download. It's dated 30th June, but it wasn't there the other day

RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.405.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship

Jakkin

Aug 1, 2008
Can someone upload to Rapidshare, as us UK Operator users can't register our phone on eClub thus no download access :(

Paulio5

Aug 2, 2008
please please please, can anyone confirm if they used this with a Vodafone HTC Touch Diamond, i want to update my diamond but yet don't want to bugger up the warranty.

Although on the Vodafone e-forums, they confirmed that because this is official HTC update then it will not.

I am new to ROMS so any advice on what to do will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Jakkin

Aug 1, 2008
It will just be a stock ROM, so you won't get the Vodafone white and pink theme I don't think. Thanks for the Rapidshare link :D

Paulio5

Aug 2, 2008
so if i just do this rom update on my Voda Diamond, will it just make it like the original HTC Theme, so say i copied my vodafone theme to my computer then put it back on it could work?

And also if anyone has done this with Vodafone diamond, let us know if the Sat nav still works

thanks

Paul

dabs

Apr 24, 2005
@Paulio5

You can reinstall the voda theme from here after reflash, and of course gps will still work.

vrstu

Aug 3, 2008
www.octavia-vrs.com
so if i just do this rom update on my Voda Diamond, will it just make it like the original HTC Theme, so say i copied my vodafone theme to my computer then put it back on it could work?

And also if anyone has done this with Vodafone diamond, let us know if the Sat nav still works

thanks

Paul

From what I have read you will lose the Voda SatNav app but I think you can ask them to send you a link via text message to download it again.

martinhk

Jun 13, 2008
Help

Sorry if I am being a plonker but the attached is a newer date does that mean that the ROM I have on my diamond is newer than the one on the first post on here and the HTC website?

Attachments

• rom1.jpg
    rom1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 71

akadir_86

Jul 25, 2008
so if im updating to this official rom, do i still need to use hardspl? i've read somewhere I dont need to because it conflicts or something along those lines?? i've got an MDA compact iv

Thanks

vrstu

Aug 3, 2008
www.octavia-vrs.com
I tried to flash _QMR_RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.405.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship to my Vodafone UK Diamond today but it won't work so I am assuming I need a signed Hard SPL. My current is version is 1.37 so I would that I need 1.37 but as yet I still haven't learned what to do with the SPL.

This is all so confusing, I think if there were locked and stickied threads with a complete idiots guide to this it would save us all asking the same questions.

akadir_86

Jul 25, 2008
ye i had the same problem so i upgraded to Hard-SPL-Diamond-OliNex. i havent yet tried upgrading this updated rom yet as im stil unclear