[Rom] Jellybean for Droid

Search This thread

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
Flashed over 7/12 ics build seems as good as ics was don't think I will be going back to ics. Gallery opens but never shows any pics fm radio is nice only plays in mono other than that everything else I have tested is working correctly great work as usual
Thanks to all who are making this possible

Sent from my Droid using xda app-developers app

Use gallery ICS from the playstore. It works for me.

Video camera works. very stable. great work kfazz!

One issue is that Google Now doesn't take voice requests. You can type in requests but if you try voice it says "didn't catch that. try speaking again."

Last edited:

fash99

Sep 23, 2009
I've installed and going well, almost no lag. Tell them what works: the camera works, radio works (including 3G), video recording, music playback, wifi, bluetooth.

I'm about to install v6 supercharger script RC10 and tell how it goes. Later commented what does not work or goes wrong.

Thanks and I hope you continue with this project. You will receive a donation from me.

Greetings from Mexico.:good:

Shredder87

Aug 25, 2012
Finally! Copy and Paste

Tested the newer build. CPU settings now stick, Music player now reads my music, the Beats DSP manager I installed works, everything that should work for a daily build is working. Great work dude! I dig the FM radio it's just a shame it doesn't get AM signal, I listen to Dodger games and it would've been perfect for days when I'm running since it's usually done in conjunction with the game. Only complaint is it isn't as fluid as the latest ICS build even overclocked to 1000mhz but it being a early JB build I'm sure it just needs to be tweaked and optimized for the hardware.

Edit-Oh yeah, no more screenshot option on the power off menu. I used that one for many an argument, hahahaha. There's still a delayed flash on camera too.

Last edited:

zerokoo

Jul 21, 2012
rom works great however again low ram complaints with this build it will stutter im not sure what we can really do for this but it would stutter andchoke on low ram sitting at 4 mbs at times other then that there's no issues i use nova launcher

neilrl79

Aug 15, 2010
Maryland
Can't wait till I get off work, going to blow the dust off the droid and give this a go.... Quick question tho... would it hurt anything to remove the system apps I don't plan on using, specifically phone, mms, contacts, etc?

Whompy

Jun 16, 2009
Any chance of updating your repos on github? I prefer to build myself if I have the opportunity. I highly appreciate the work you've done and would like to see some of the code. :)

Tapatalkin' on my CM10 Toro

Rpatton

Aug 17, 2010
Got all excited to try this but cant get rid of bootloop I have tried all suggestions with no luck. What am I doing wrong ? What are you guys using to flash the rom to device?

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
Got all excited to try this but cant get rid of bootloop I have tried all suggestions with no luck. What am I doing wrong ? What are you guys using to flash the rom to device?

Did you try the latest build kfazz released?: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rm3t38...IAL-sholes.zip

I tested it and doesn't bootloop on my Droid. Also make sure you downloaded the full files (85.8 mb I think). If the full file doesn't download and you flash it, it will bootloop.

Just making sure, you are flashing this rom to the CDMA Droid 1 right?

ColibScz

May 11, 2010

Same issue here. I flashed the latest build using CWM over a (cleared cache and dalvik) BB build, but I am stuck in the boot loop. Any suggestions would be incredibly helpful.

(Doesn't help though, that my battery is shot, and I have to have the phone plugged in to an outlet to keep it powered up!)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Did you try the latest build kfazz released?: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rm3t38...IAL-sholes.zip

I tested it and doesn't bootloop on my Droid. Also make sure you downloaded the full files (85.8 mb I think). If the full file doesn't download and you flash it, it will bootloop.

Just making sure, you are flashing this rom to the CDMA Droid 1 right?

Got an invalid or deleted file error. Is it posted anywhere else? Or do you still have it? If so can you upload it somewhere?

slaZzz

Dec 11, 2010
You should test the integrity of the zip file before applying it. I used SPRecovery over kfazz' latest ICS build (as an upgrade rather than wipe everything) and it worked fine for me. I'm using kfazz' JB 20120826 build.

Kfazz, for you next release can you update the kernel modules? Most of them (including ext4 and zram) won't insmod normally due to version magic mismatch in the JB kernel (-deprimed vs -kfazz).

Thanks!

Reactions: firander

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
Same issue here. I flashed the latest build using CWM over a (cleared cache and dalvik) BB build, but I am stuck in the boot loop. Any suggestions would be incredibly helpful.

(Doesn't help though, that my battery is shot, and I have to have the phone plugged in to an outlet to keep it powered up!)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Got an invalid or deleted file error. Is it posted anywhere else? Or do you still have it? If so can you upload it somewhere?

try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?rm3t3813wwxaewd

it's the first link in the OP

If you bootloop or get stuck on M, pull out the battery. wait few seconds. Then power on the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeroid

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
I can't get wifi to connect, it has issues authenticating, ive tried WPA2 and no encryption whatsoever

joeroid

Jun 28, 2012
boot loops

Sometimes will boot loop on M screen after reboot pulling battery while plugged in to charger while on M screen seems to make it boot everytime
Of course GPS doesnt work n Bluetooth works most of the time I use it for an OBD II scanner for cars. Will adding an ext file to SD card speed it up any? I use swapper2 but after a while have to reboot cause it starts to lag

fash99

Sep 23, 2009
I have installed v6 supercharger RC10 and going faster in opening apps, scroll through menus and most importantly (I think) optimizes the use of Ram (I have 30 or 40 mb free). I recommend installing it.

Something I've noticed is that the browser takes long time to heal, the flash of the camera has lag and sometimes fails. Also applications that deal with voice recognition (now google, search, etc.) do not work, the screen stays blank and closes.

What I've also proven are the games (Asphalt 5, emulators) and I do not know if this rom already has hardware acceleration but runs very well with no lag.

Sorry for my bad English.

Kyle Chen

Mar 24, 2012
I have installed v6 supercharger RC10 and going faster in opening apps, scroll through menus and most importantly (I think) optimizes the use of Ram (I have 30 or 40 mb free). I recommend installing it.

Something I've noticed is that the browser takes long time to heal, the flash of the camera has lag and sometimes fails. Also applications that deal with voice recognition (now google, search, etc.) do not work, the screen stays blank and closes.

What I've also proven are the games (Asphalt 5, emulators) and I do not know if this rom already has hardware acceleration but runs very well with no lag.

Sorry for my bad English.

I'm gonna try it now. did u use v6 update 9 rc10?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts