Legend S-OFF is out

Search This thread

juanporrero

Sep 26, 2010
when cell is in hboot usb plug, before turn in fastboot try to navigate with vol+ and vol - and when you see it isn't freeze, push anykey of pc and when it says turn your phone into fastboot do it.

JonasDroid

Apr 12, 2010
when cell is in hboot usb plug, before turn in fastboot try to navigate with vol+ and vol - and when you see it isn't freeze, push anykey of pc and when it says turn your phone into fastboot do it.
Tried that, even tried going into fastboot, and back to HBOOT doesn't work either

I've got bootloader 0.43.001 I had the keep it simple froyo rom installed when trying. I'll try the keep it simple eclair rom now

Last edited:
Reactions: drakyoko

JonasDroid

Apr 12, 2010
eclair rom didn't help either, didn't really expect it to help but it was worth the try.

Any other suggestions? looks like much off us have this problem
How did you burn the iso (the ones with the fastboot problem)?

I burned it using the build in windows image burner onto a CD. I might try a USB later on but I'll stop trying for now

foosoomin

Oct 1, 2007
Threadstarter,

Can you provide us a complete steps (Tutorial)on how to S-OFF the Hboot ? I totally do not understand, as i have never flash such thing before. I'm using the rooted HTC official Froyo ROM found in xda forum

JonasDroid

Apr 12, 2010
Is it normal that you need to press the power at the right time 2ce?
I managed to get past the first by some pretty stupid method which I'm not going to make public if I'm not sure that it works (cause it's pretty risky)

But that same method doesn't work the second time in step 2/3.
Or isn't it supposed to ask for that a 2nd time?

So I had to pull my battery out in the 2nd step and it showed a message that it was unable to flash the HBoot but luckily the old was still intact.

HpX

Oct 1, 2010
S-OFF on first try :p
I used unetbootin to make a usb boot pen, then boot into tiny core, followed instructions and S-OFF

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can find it on:
    http://alpharev.nl/

HBOOT 1.0+ is NOT supported

MOD EDIT: No shouting please!
    Jeeeesus! Please count at the first sequenze to 3 by 21,22,23 and press power.
    At the second sequenze count to 4 by 21,22,23,24 - so it worked for me....

Why So Serious, Guys? ;)
    I repacked and made a .iso out of it, testing now.

Successful flash, theres a post to the iso in the developers forum.

Glad my little patch worked for you.

Where's the developers forum? I spent a couple of evenings looking for people to talk to about this, and got nowhere.

Also, if this works for anyone, I know I wouldn't mind some thanks points, and I'm sure marclh1992 wouldn't either... End shameless hinting :)
    100th reply!

But it might. If the HBOOT contained within is >1.00 then yes, it will. But you will not be able to S-OFF again
    The timing on this thing is impossible. The counting-method won't get me through it either. Any others tips from the ones that successfully complete the procedures?
    Get an normal watch and ignore your computer monitor...phone in your hand...press enter and look 3 seconds on the watch then press the power button on the phone(step 1)... wait for your phone to reboot... press enter and look 4 seconds on the watch then press the power button on the phone(step 2)... just wait and you are s-off...
    That's how i did it
    anybody updated to hboot 1.8? do we need to repeat the entire procedure?